Alright Sup Forums i need the straight up truth

Alright Sup Forums i need the straight up truth
are macbooks worth buying at all
have a $900 budget for a laptop and all my friends say I should get one with my student discount.

I just want something with good battery life,nice screen and isn't gonna lag like shit the moment I do some video editing. no video games at all. maybe some coding for fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVAmnV65_zw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. If you're willing to spend the money, it's perfect for what you want.

Don't get an Air though, get the 2015 Retina Pro. Go refurbished if you need it cheaper, but refurbished only from Apple's official site.

I have a refurbished one and it's by far the best laptop I've ever owned.

Yes, you should buy it. After you watch this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=NVAmnV65_zw

Why the fuck you want to be Jew'd in the ass? ThinkPad's for that price are godly.

I've used a few recent thinkpads and Sup Forums needs to lose its hardon for them. There's nothing exceptional about the hardware for the prices lenovo charges

>planned obsolescence

Full disclosure, I didn't watch the video, but only because I saw those words.

If it's about Apple enforcing planned obsolescence, it has nothing to do with their laptops. Maybe their phones, but not their computers. Ask anyone that's actually ever used an Apple computer for a long period of time, they're on average by far the longest lasting laptops you can get, in terms of staying useable with age.

My Dell XPS 15 (fully upgraded) was a slow laggy piece of trash after two years. My mom's macbook she bought a year earlier was still running as fast as the day she bought it, even with OS updates.

No. They're trash.

Anything but a ThinkPad.

I have never used a worse piece of hardware. Having to disassemble the fan to get it to boot after a hair got stuck in it, unresponsive nipple mouse embedded in the keyboard and making it difficult to type, an unresponsive keyboard, and such ugly cases.

I really like MacBooks but there are many quality laptops in the world.

Thin pads are not amongst them.

As long as you don't need any enterprise features, it's a pretty good machine.

Windows only software will run just fine in parallels or similar, but that will cost you more money.

I would suggest doing what this user says

With all due respect mate, the guy in the video repairs macbooks for a living, and he explains what he means by forced obsolescence (which certainly includes the macbooks) before making a repair on a macbook to prove his point. Louis is the number one macbook repair channel on youtube, it's not some obscure pc fanboy channel. I suggest you at least watch the first 10 minutes of the video (if you're not interested in the quite lengthy repair) if you're going to try to dispute what he's trying to say, because right now you just look like a wanker.

>isn't gonna lag like shit the moment I do some video editing

All macs have abysmal cooling. 99.999% of its user base use them solely for facebooking and Apple knows this and cut massive corners on cooling because of this to "make it look nice". You could get a Core 2 Duo that'll keep pace with the latest $3000 MemeBook at full load.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Well I'm too lazy to watch the video lol, sorry.

You/he might be right, but in my and in the experiences of many others, Windows laptops always get shittier faster, planned or not.

obvious bait

That's because you're a moron and compare $200 walmart laptops to your fagbook.

>facts are bait

The only bait I see here are mactards making claims with zero factual basis behind it, while ignoring all real facts backed up by legitimate tests.

Make sure to get fire insurance too.

I've had a 2012 Dell XPS 15, 2013 Asus Zenbook, and a 2015 Dell XPS 13. All of them are nowhere near as good as my 2015 Retina Macbook Pro I have now. The XPS 13 came the closest, but it was still eh.

Well, I'm too lazy to read the annual journal of particle physics. You know what I do instead? Whenever a particle physics phd talks about a recent article in that journal, I keep my stupid mouth shut because I don't know what I'm talking about. Do you see what I'm getting at here? Nobody is forcing you to watch that video, but if you choose not to watch the video, instead of stating your dumb, uneducated opinion, keep your stupid mouth shut.

> All of them are nowhere near as good as my throttling housefire

Sure thing kid.

Comparing
>2013
>2015
Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
>Apple customer

Are you retarded?