>literally the only one that exists at the moment
>it is overpriced

you don't say...

D0nGLeS

Yeah, just gotta plug that adapter into the adapter. Jesus fuck

Underrated post

Kek

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/07/apple_iphone_7_day/

>To help ease the blow, Apple says it will include a 3.5mm to Lightning adaptor with every iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
OP cant even properly make fun of apple

cool dude, I can't wait to have a fucking tumor hanging off my phone every time I want to listen to music.

The whole point is the belkin accessory allows you to charge it at the same time, Jesus christ you fucking idiot.

yea, because having to carry around an extra cable makes tons of sense! gotta keep that extra cable in your pocket at all times and cant use a power bank while listening to music, but it's all totally worth it, right???

Meanwhile owners of previous versions of the iphone as well as basically every other smartphone brand can just use the hand included headphone jack. The free usb/lightening port can be used to charge with no additional donglers required

It's fine brah just pay $160 for wireless earbuds

ill just stick electric toothbushes in my ears, they will look the same and sound better while being half the price.

I want to see it with the USB cord in as well, just to see how much of a monstrosity it really is

Jobs would have never allowed this. If he were still around they would have either offered no adapter or kept the 3.5 jack. The adapter shows that the current leadership at Apple have no idea what they are doing and lack the commitment and drive to make tough decisions.

BTW proprietary connectors like lightning are bullshit. How do they plan on supporting the new style headphones on current hardware like the MacBook 12in that don't have a lightning connection? Do they expect people to buy adapters.

How they shoulda phased it out

1. this generation of iphone comes with lightning headphones but still has a traditional port
2. next generation of macbook & other apple comes with lightning connector & headphones
3. now that every mac product supports this and all the macfags have a few compatible headphones and adapters, THEN start to phase it out on the NEXT model

but that would take longer and wouldnt make them as much money lol

>$40
So... why not just buy the dock then? It also has 3.5mm headphone jack.

So much this. I'm not a fan of phasing out 3.5mm, but this decision to remove the port before they have even established the lightning port as a headphone jack is fucking ridiculous.

Good idea. But, I still think that there is no good reason to do this. Consumers will have to decide between 3.5 and lightning when they want to buy their new Bose headphones, and figure out which hardware in their home supports which standard. But, in reality only Apple products will be supporting lightning because other manufacturers wont want to pay to license lightning technology from Apple.

>implying they're not going to change to usb-c

Gold

>buying headphones without detachable wires

Everyone else but Apple will switch to USB-C, Apple will be stuck with lightning for a while.

40 extra dollarydoos to get a feature included with literally every other smartphone

INNOVATIVE

THANK YOU APPLE YOU ARE OUR GREATEST ALLY

What if you put two chargers?

We don't talk about that, user.

The hub isn't even officially supported by apple, no idea

>not $4.99

It will make the note 7 explosion look like nothing

I have NEVER needed to charge while playing something that wasn't over bluetooth or docked.

What if you put two headphone adapters?

Black hole

we need to see this with the cords laying realistically, not coiled perfectly. you just pulled your earphones out of your pocket and the dongle has been sitting in your car getting pushed around for a few months. what a fucking mess

Oh shit...

You will get sued by Apple

What if you plug more adapters into the adapter?

>my special use case makes everyone else irrelevant to the discussion

good job

If I were belkin, it would only be possible to charge it through one of the ports, with some little marking showing which port that is.

You will be labelled as "Enemy of Humanity" by Apple
then thrown into Mount Doom from whence you came.

I think it would probably do nothing. Worst case it might cause a short and blow one or both of the chargers to hell, possibly phone included.

I almost expect apple to drop lightning around the time of the 7s or 8. Now USB-C is around they have no excuse not to use it besides being proprietary for proprietaries sake.

Plus Apple's computes are shifting to the standard, it'd make a lot of sense.

What if I need to use the AUX port of my car?

Can you put more adapters into the charging port and plug in more headphones?
What about using this with the splitter?

EVERYBODY STAND BACK

why are people even pretending that this is necessary? literally how many of you faggots listen to music on your phone while you're charging it?

scenario A - you're sitting next to a wall outlet with your device plugged into the 12 in charging cable apple provides, or perhaps you've gotten an extension cord rigged to it so you can walk around the room.

scenario B - you're charging it on your laptop, which literally has all the same music as what's on your device, unless you're streaming, which you can also do on your computer

you faggots will literally complain about everything.

I think this will summon Steeb Jebbs from the dead if done.

>belkin

I might as well let an m80 off on my phone

Your argument goes both ways.

I've been using a Belkin charger for 5 years with no issues

>being proprietary for proprietaries sake
But that's exactly what they want to do. Apple using a standard port on the iPhone? Blasphemy!

I think Jobs would actually throttle Cook at this point. He's been dead for five years and Apple has already turned right back into what it was in the 90s.

Is this supposed to be the one port-dongle age for Apple?

This can't be what Steve wanted.

They also sell a $40 dock that does the same thing.

ever heard of power banks budday?

>literally how many of you faggots listen to music on your phone while you're charging it?

every day in my car