New Phones Are Shit

>New Samsung phone battery catches fire
>New Apple phone has no headphone jack

Just sitting here waiting for the new Nexus/Google Phone. Please don't fuck up Google, I want a new good phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vYv8YQJbJaQ
xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/
youtube.com/watch?v=VeKaT6-KQBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apparently it will take the Pixel name.

N6p user here, they've already fucked up by ditching the front facing speakers. I think I'll pass on this upgrade, I might be considering getting an iPhone 7 plus, that matte black looks killer.

At this point I also waiting it the pixel XL to make a final decision

They could take out the jack if the my want, but at least put two ports

Interesting, I wonder if it has to do with that Nexus name lawsuit from a while back.

Its HTC so expect terrible build issues.

Its not going to be like a soft drink can like the 6p it will have shit like the screen not being flat or uneven spearer holes and all the other shit which htc quality control havent been able to get right for the last 5 years.

I really do hope they do well with it but I really dont want to buy anything from HTC again if I can help it.

I have an S7 Edge, its a good phone, the notes are too damn big and its running the same hardware as the s7. Mine is at&t branded, but you can install the unbranded 935U firmware on the at&t model, best decision i ever made since getting the device. You do loose calling over wifi and voice over lte but i dont care.

Is HTC really that bad? Never had one before. Can't Google just tell them to not fuck up?

>no sd slot
>"""""good""""""
inb4 "it's for your own good" or other cancer excuses

>6p
>made by a company that literally spies on its customers for the Chinese government in China and abroad
>feels like shit
>no buttons on it
>no SD card slot
>nearly 7 inches

If LG ever stops making phones with removable batteries and headphone jacks I will convert back to a cheap flip phone.

>Can't Google just tell them to not fuck up?
If they would they might as well just make a phone themselves.

No I've only used HTC devices and haven't had any issues.

I went from a g1 to a htc sensation to my htc m9. All the devices had good build quality and had long support from the xda community so I am always able to upgrade to a new bug free release of CM. Can't complain

inb4 shilling idgaf htc hasn't buttfucked me so I recommend the brand to people.

I'm really counting on Google to nail this as a legitimate competitor to iPhone. Not just in performance and features, but in marketing as well. The market needs another big mainstream phone.

If this phone sucks I'm giving up and buying an iPhone.

A friend of mine got a Note 7 and hes just fine with it, not fire in there.

Also I got a S7 Edge and I love it, the size, the screen, the BATTERY I only charge it once per day its great, and not even on stamina mode, its great, the Note7 its not the only flagship out there, buddy.

I'm waiting too because my Nexus 5 is starting to show its age. Hopefully they'll improve on battery life. If not, I'm going to buy an S7 since I'll be flashing CM nightlies on either one anyways.

I thought CM doesn't work on new Samsung phones cause of their custom processor?

>having a phone with branding on the front
>having the laggiest android flagship on the market
>falling for the edge meme

H U A W E I
U
A
W
E
I

just buy a previous generation phone

you literally do not need an octacore phone or an iphone with an A10 chip

I have an Octacore phone, 2GB, 16GB storage I picked up for £70.

Huawei P8 Lite.

Runs great on Marshmallow.

>I want a new good phone.
why, what's wrong with your old phone?
you know you could buy like 600 cheeseburgers instead

>I wonder if it has to do with that Nexus name lawsuit from a while back.

That was quite a few years ago. They probably just want to take the line premium.

i have the asus zenfone 2 laser or something like that. removable battery, sd card slot, android 6.0.1 (not sure if 7 adds anything significant) and it was cheap. i'm satisfied with it 2bh. i'm never buying a phone without a removable battery or sd card slot

how good is it?

some user told me it is shit because the battery is only 2200mAh and the screen is not fhd

i was going to buy it new for 200 bucks

Expect glue everywhere and zero repairability.

The viscous cycle of the flagship buyers reminds me of bipolar disorder, they have manic episodes where their mood is extremely elevated when they're getting hyped about the newest product up until they get it, then they have a short honeymoon phase of using the phone. It all ends when they read about the glaring flaws their phone has, they can't justify the amount of money that they paid for it and they regret it. They spend the next year or two saying how they won't get jewed again but they just fall into the same viscous cycle. Constantly cucked by the flagships, enduring no support, bloated preinstalled apps, laggy UI and lackluster screen on time. They are beings who are actually fooled by marketing.

Then you have the average chinkphone buyer (pic related) who knows what they want, how to get it and how much they want to pay. A superior being who has surpassed the flagship drone, a fully self actualized alpha male who takes what he wants and leaves his beta brethren in the gutter like with the discarded syringes and rats.

Posted via chrome on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

what's a good phone from previous generation?

t. g2 just broke

>tfw OnePlus 3 just came in

glad I made the right call

I just got a Moto G4 Plus.
It's nice since I'm pretty broke.

>Xiaomi

Enjoy phone snapping in half after dropping from height of 8 inches.

>2200mah
Correct
>Shit because not fhd
That's subjective, lack of FHD doesn't bother me at this screen size, but that's subjective.

You can always get the P9 Lite

does the battery last you the whole day?

p9 lite is like 280 bucks, tho

>nexus owner
>considering an iphone
get out with your substandard shilling pajeet, no rupees for you today

huawei is the worst shit
xiaomi is superior but still feels like chink botnet

It does with general use yes.

General use meaning texts, occasional browsing/shitposting, some YouTube videos, a couple of rounds of emoji blitz, a few phone calls etc etc

I have a job so my phone is to one side most of the day unless I need to answer a text.

thank you, user

And humongous bezels

>He doesn't buy a case and a tempered glass screen to keep is phone fresh for years after he bought it.

wtf you just sexually harrased me

You're going to be sorely let down user. I've been hoping for a high end Pixel phone for years now but this isn't what we're getting this year. It doesn't matter what Google calls the upcoming phone, it's not a Pixel, it's a Nexus through and through. It's largely based on an HTC design.

What I want is a Pixel phone actually designed in house by the Pixel team with ZERO manufacturer involvement and then outsourced to someone like Foxconn. And preferably containing a non house fire Qualcomm SOC.

We won't be getting such a phone this year but hopefully Google gets serious and we get something like this in the next 2 years.

>it's touchwiz lag meme
I've been using S7E for months and it was snappy as fuck. App transition was fucking fast

The only thing that's stopping me from ordering the 7 plus right now is the 1080p screen to be hornesto

Basically, you want them to do what Apple does. That's exactly what I want too actually. But you say you doubt that this is the year. That's unfortunate. I retain hope that this phone will be something special, but with each new leak I grow more and more weary.

If however HTC can nail the build and 7.1 is as fast as iOS 10, Google may be able to compete. That's the best we can hope for at this point.

It makes sense when you think about it. Nexus users are composed of two camps. Those who value stability and performance, and ricers. The former are very likely to take an interest in iPhones at this point.

do me a favor user, post a comparison between the included dpi levels.

Enjoy the 12 months lifetime.

I have a Nexus 6 Moto right now, and I don't really see a reason to upgrade for at least another year.

If you haven't brought a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro then you probably shouldn't even be on Sup Forums

There is only Oneplus 3 out there which is the only decend Android phone for its price.

Look at all the actual speed comparison reviews on youtube and not some shitty synthetic benchmarks.

And still the Iphone6s beat OP3 performancewise.

Anyone saying the Samsung S7/7Edge is snappy, is a retard, who has never touch any other decent phones.

Anyways, drawback of the OP3 is the lack of 1080p@60fps recording, really weak battery life, subpar screen, and for some 5,5'' is too big.

What's the best sprint phone that runs latest cm?

>Look at all the actual speed comparison reviews on youtube and not some shitty synthetic benchmarks.

Alright

youtube.com/watch?v=vYv8YQJbJaQ

>Anyone saying the Samsung S7/7Edge is snappy, is a retard, who has never touch any other decent phones.

It beats the OP3 to pulp, as you can see in this video.

You're full of shit m8

Iphone 6s plus

>cheap and good quality
>not ostentatious
>no gimmicks
>good enough hardware without being over the top

>can't root and install custom ROMs

Fucking blackberry ruined it, it would have been the perfect phone.

Either going to get a new Sony or new Nexus this time around.

Have a Z3C at the moment, kind of want to get a slightly bigger phone now.

This is wrong because ricers tend to install custom ROMs and get better performance automatically.

I'd rather believe xda than YouTube.
xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/

>trusting a filthy Curry

Go get fucked, retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=VeKaT6-KQBo

That's the snapshit 820 variant, ofcourse it's going to perform like crap

this guy looks brown too

Don't you have any white reviewers?

That's not a correct speed test, he's waiting for the other phone to catch up before starting the new app.

That means that if phone A is 10 seconds faster on an App it counts just as much if phone B is 1 seconds faster on another app.

It gives a warped view of the speed difference.

>who cares about branding on the front anyway? Does it take away any functionallity?
>S7 exynos hasnt lagged one bit for me
>i have to admit you are right here, even only because repairs are ridiculously expensive

I bought my s7 because could get it cheap (400$), no regrets uptill now, only wish it came with an unlocked bootloader and no knox so i could use custom roms without voiding warranty.

Otherwise i would have waited for the new nexus phones. Its a shame google releases them that late every year with newer hardware just around the corner.

>written by a grade schooler

>obviously has never installed snapshots/nightlies

So i've had a OPO for two years now, thinking of upgrading to the OP3 or should i just stay with my OPO for now

the battery is a bit worse but the phone is still pretty good

If you even own a phone to begin with you're a Jewish cuck slave. Burner phone in the glove box with the battery removed until you need to make a call is the only way to go.

>Anyone saying the Samsung S7/7Edge is snappy, is a retard, who has never touch any other decent phones.

It depends on which variant you're talking about. Exynos is blazing fast whilst snapdragon galaxies are lagdroid.

Weeb cuck

How are the latest LG phones?

I'm still using my LG G2 and it's still working well. Maybe I'll upgrade at some point.

Until 3 months pass and it's shit again

I am holding onto my nexus 4 until I see the Pixel phones but I have a feeling they will fuck them up and will be too expensive in Europe. If that is the case should I go for a 6p or something more current?

It's as good as the other big two flagships (S7 and HTC10) but nobody liked it so it's way cheaper than both of them, at least it is here in HK. I have an HTC 10 though, so I can't speak for its quality, but it honestly can't be 2/3 as good as my phone, even if the price implies it is.

Hey user how is the HTC 10 holding up? Does it provide a good experience? I have always had my eye on HTC phones but they are so damn expensive in Europe and their price never comes off

I've had it for less than a week but it's pretty damned sweet IMO. I traded up from an HTC One M7 so the difference is pretty stark, especially because after 3 years that phone's battery was absolute shit and the overheating fucked the image sensor. Takes good pictures, has good battery, runs my apps, feels and looks amazing. Dunno what else to say.

Thanks glad you chose the right phone for you. I currently have the nexus 4 but maybe my first HTC will be the rumored Pixel devices if they are decent

How hard is it to create a phone that:
>is waterproof
>is shockproof
>is dustproof
>has a fast processor and 3 GB of RAM
>has a battery that lasts a day
>can use wifi and bluetooth effectively at the same time

thinking of getting a z5 compact. is one year a lifetime in tech?

I honestly would have either waited for the LG V20 or those but my phone was practically dying and it needed replacing ASAP.

I think you made a good choice anyway, you won't be missing much if any

dat Project Tango tho!

I have the Z5C. It's pretty nice. Does everything I want it to and hasn't shown any signs of "lagdroid" yet. Size is perfect, battery life is pretty good (worse than the Z3C, sadly), feels amazing in the hand and has an audio jack.

Does get a bit hot due to the SD810, but haven't noticed any thermal throttling yet, and the heat isn't burning my hand or anything. Not even uncomfortable to hold at its hottest, so I'm not sure where people are getting that from.

Going from my Nexus 5 to nexus 5x I'm severely disappointed with Android and Google right now. It feels so much cheaper and not premium at all. I really am considering going iPhone as well.

Smartphones are great now, you can have a long battery life, nice screen and a decent amount of power for a very affordable price.

Sure, the retards on Sup Forums get cucked by the flagships constantly but the buyers of chinkphones have truly ascended.

>>New Samsung phone battery catches fire

20 units/millions, that they are replacing. try harder with the ill concealed shilling. galaxy phone, specifically the edge 7, are still the best on the market.

>There is only Oneplus 3 out there which is the only decend Android phone for its price.

MUH SPEED
this is not a pc gpu, you neckbeard. nobody is going to notice all of that performance. o+3 is a mediocre phone.

Does the LG G5 still have problems with the GPS and other issues, or is it good at the moment?

>hey guys do you think x is worth the money?
>lol enjoy your chink shit, get y
>y seems pretty good, I might get that
>its like you WANT bootloops and poor build quality, get z instead
>z seems pretty good too, maybe I'll get that
>do you enjoy throwing money into the toilet? get x
every time

Get te V20 if you can the g5 is an ugly pos im comparison to the motorola competitor.

kek

>complains about front facing speaker
>buys an iphone

Samsung never makes a good phone

LG is the answer.

Phones have been shit ever since slide out keyboards died.

>I'd rather belive xda than youtube because it agrees with my beliefs

>he buys a cheap chink silicone case and a silicone, absolute screen quality fucker chink tempered glass to use with his expensive phone
What the fuck is wrong with you?

Stop whining faggots, Im using a xperia m4, its on sd615, 200$ and its completely fine, has a sd card slot and a headphone jack, its waterproof too. Its not slow at all, everything can be tweaked using root you lazy shits. And yes, am poorfag.

>Always able to upgrade to a new bug free release of CM
Doesn't it affect the camera software though? Since you won't be using HTC's one anymore (if I understand this correctly)

Just buy a chinker phone

edge actually never got memed

>Touchjizz
>good
>Knox

Fuck off, Samsung shilling retard.

Meanwhile htc has made the only durable phone in 2016...

Tells a lot about the competition between build quality in phones these days.

Thanks samshit and apple.