scale=ewa_lanczossharp

>sharper preset:
>gist.github.com/igv/8a77e4eb8276753b54bb94c1c50c317e
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

>nnedi3 quadrupling luma, than octuple chroma preset:
>github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns32-win8x4-chroma.hook,~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns32-win8x4-yuv.hook,~~/shaders/nnedi3-nns32-win8x4-yuv.hook"

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/installation/
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/blob/master/packages/ffmpeg-0002-Add-HEVC-intrinsics.patch
git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary;js=1
github.com/mpc-hc/FFmpeg.git
bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_page.php
gist.github.com/Shudouken/be8c3b34ebd3ead1b2b8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nnedi3 has to be some heavy fucking placebo. I can't see the difference unless I upscale a still image and look hard as fuck.

Why bother degrading the performance to the point where it has problems playing the video at acceptable framerates for a almost unnoticeable "improvement" in upscaling?

nnedi3 was never made to do real-time upscaling to 1080p+. Its original use case was for deinterlacing shit.

It looks very good with animes and cartoons!

It is literally placebo - that's how all of this works. In particular, it's why people will always think that the less efficient / slower algorithms are also somehow “better”.

This kind of moronic thinking is the reason why the whole avisynth/doom9/madVR community ends up doing dumb shit like using error diffusion dithering in realtime, in a fucking video player. (See: madVR)

>mpv.io/installation/
>Windows builds by lachs0r
>Windows builds by shinchiro
>No windows builds by rorgoroth
Why? :\

>tfw haasnsoft for scaling
>tfw bicubic for interpolation
>tfw everything is a tiny bit blurry but there's 0 artifacting, 0 aliasing but it's so fucking smooth

Hello rorgoroth. Your builds suck dick that's why.

I am not him.
What's wrong exactly?

One of his earlier builds was fucked up in various ways.

Besides, Lachs builds are stable as fuck and shinchiro has better performance because he added something to it i don't remember what it was.

I think it's something that makes decoding hevc easier for the CPU.

>lincucks still making these threads when they'll never be able to compete with absolute quality and ease of use in MPC-HC with madVR

Should I email him and let him know something is fucked up and that is why it's not recommended to use them?

Works fine for me but better to fix whatever is broken.

GM206 (GTX 960/950) supports fixed function HEVC Main 10 but cuvid doesn't seem to support it. It's a mess of dancing green ants if tried

>shinchiro has better performance because he added something to it i don't remember what it was
github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake/blob/master/packages/ffmpeg-0002-Add-HEVC-intrinsics.patch

>All patches come from:
>git.1f0.de/gitweb?p=ffmpeg.git;a=summary;js=1
>github.com/mpc-hc/FFmpeg.git

MPC-HC & LAVFIlters win once again.

retarded winfag everyone

It performs better than madVR and much better with newer GPU, bench yourself!
You don't have to run .bat file as admin, it's a bit harmful and really retarded!
Sharing config with a settings.bin or .reg file is so dummy.
No, madVR is not better, it was 3 years ago but not anymore.

retarded shinchiro everyone

Look at all the useful commits on libass or ffmpeg the mpv devs community did, you will really feel bad!

Or the VideoLAN guys. I guess VLC "wins" once again.

Mpc has shitty renderer from 1990s!

Shut your fucking mouth lincuck mpv is worthless

>im angery :(

Yeah well mpv has a shitty non-GUI from the 70's.

Why doesn't mpv pass the --ignore-config option to youtube-dl by default? Seems like it should since a user's youtube-dl config might conflict with the way mpv uses youtube-dl, and mpv already has options for selecting formats and passing options to youtube-dl.

I'd be angry too if I was using a piece of shit like mpv out of stubbornness heh

Just use VLC like a normal person

Make a choice dude. Directshow shits or vlc but please don't shill them here! Mpv is for people who understand video related things.

>Mpv is for people who understand video related things.
lol

>lincucks still making these threads
>builds in the OP are for windows
fucking idiot

*spits in your mouth*

Mpv has a modern/simple/optimized opengl overlay gui for playing media files.

Excellent choice

kys already dumb pajeet

I don't get it

dumb winfag everyone

Ah but I use linux on servers and I also have a mac as well as my windows beast so therefore I am a dumb everyfag everyone

But seriously though what is the point? That it can't play videos without glitching out or something?

>opengl

This isn't something to brag about.
The only people who really use this compete trash are linux because they don't (or at least not until recently) have anything better than opengl to use.

Bullshit! Everyone knows mpv gui > madvr ugly grey/purple bar!

im going to hack that ip

I'm going to DDOS your myspace and infiltrate your ram port

Modern opengl is really good and it's much better than MadVR's dx9/ps3 code.

Lol it's a fucking proxy hosted on an old android release, probably a hacked smartphone.

Of course it can... sometimes.

:D MySpace

Yes it's because mpc-hc has no D3D fullscreen GUI so it uses the default madVR bar. PotPlayer has a D3D GUI (picture related) but you can't trust this player if you don't want undesired shits on your computer.

It seems madVR has some weird issues with newer technologies as you can see on his mantis bug tracker.
bugs.madshi.net/view_all_bug_page.php
Damn why mpv has no issues like these except on osx?

What are you using?
Why are you acting like an angry chimpanzee? It's ridiculous! Are you doing kind of reverse psychology?

>mpc-hc
>potplayer
>do not support complex/current video streaming
Damn why?

Does it work with DXVA2?

Yes, also works with d3d11va

VLC doesn't even use ffmpeg?

Open a ticket

16:20 philipl: btw, apparently HEVC Main10 does not work on GM206 chips (works with dxva2 and d3d11va)
16:21 haasn: did you hack up ffmpeg to enable it?
16:21 philipl: not my bug
16:21 just proxying
16:21 haasn: I mean - the cuda 10 bit stuff will not work out of the box.
16:21 It requires building ffmpeg with a small change and a modified header.
16:21 ah
16:22 Is there an issue I can respond to?
16:22 not yet
16:22 told him to make one
16:22 better have it on the website for the record
16:22 I think after cuda 8 comes out, we can formalise it on the ffmpeg side.

Does shaders apply pre or post scale?

I mean like adaptive sharpen and nnedi

depends on how they were designed.
1st - post, 2nd - pre, but you can change it.

>no interpolation
>nnedi
kys

Yes I will kill myself... probably tomorrow just for you.
I don't like interpolation and the nnedi3 and sharper presets are for madvr and avisynth/ffdshow fags!

You are free to share your config!

how to set mpv to write played files titles on a log file?

Anybody else getting Nvidia driver crashes with opengl on Windows?

What do you mean by opengl? Any opengl applications or just mpv?
Are backend=angle and backend=dxinterop work?

why do you use opengl?

Because direct3d gives me washed out colors on my nvidia card.

Is this a real GUI?

can't be

Getting crashes when playing videos on mpv only. checking now...

--vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop works!

Thanks!

To anybody getting nvidia crashes with vo=opengl, use vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop instead!

It be. vo=direct3d gives me washed out colors, probably using limited colorspace. So, I used vo=opengl instead but it started crashing on me with the new version of mpv.

Thanks to that other user, vo=opengl:backend=dxinterop doesn't crash my Nvidia drivers anymore, so my problem is solved.

i'm talking about opengl-hq, wich is dtrectx on windows by default (if without custom backend)

Sounds like a use case for the IPC

vo=direct3d is extremely rudimentary and doesn't support 99% of the features mpv has, including color management, HDR, etc.

gist.github.com/Shudouken/be8c3b34ebd3ead1b2b8

No idea if it still works, you need to install wc.

Oh I see. I never used opengl-hq because i didn't really need the extra rendering quality.

vo=opengl is actually directx too.

thanks

Is it normal that adaptive-sharpen.glsl looks very bloated?
FineSharp looks much better and doesn't make video very bright!

>supports fixed function HEVC Main 10 but cuvid doesn't seem to support it.
CUVID does decoding using CUDA, ie. the cards shaders, it doesn't use the fixed function hardware

is there a build that works on win xp

>madvr
>bunch of bugs
>almost a month without update

>Is it normal that adaptive-sharpen.glsl looks very bloated?
That doesn't make sense
youtube-dl? no
they do support whatever youtube 3d plugin or whatever the fuck it's called.

Try a build from 2008 fucking poorfag.

i don't know how to build.
i use the xp on a vm.

I think default sharp values of adaptive-sharpen.glsl is too high and that's why it looks so shitty.

If you have no clue what you're talking about you should probably stop commenting.

Probably yandex/google translation...

Is there a way to do dynamic upscaling?

If I have a 480p video and I want to watch it fullscreen mode @ 1440, it upscales the video to 1440 using whatever scaler is specified,

But what if I simply want to cheap out and upscale with 480p->720p at the best scaler and 720p->1440p for cheapest (computation) scaler

My theory is if 480p -> 1440p upscale using my best scaling method would cost quite a bit of computation time. However if the best was only used for 2x scaling and then from thereon, the lesser computation was used, wouldn't that be a good alternative?

>Is there a way to do dynamic upscaling?
Yes, use hooks or lua scripts (depending on what you mean by dynamic)

>But what if I simply want to cheap out and upscale with 480p->720p at the best scaler and 720p->1440p for cheapest (computation) scaler
Personally I would just pick a cheaper scaler and use that all the way. It might even be optimal to do so (think triangle inequality), but I haven't investagated that

>However if the best was only used for 2x scaling and then from thereon, the lesser computation was used, wouldn't that be a good alternative?
At 2x scaling you're not going to notice any significant differences between scalers. I don't think it will be worth the effort.

I set 0.6 for curve_height and it's less shitty!

Should I change the antiring value?

Are the settings in OP work fine with Livestreamer?

How do I make it so that when there's two subtitles with the same language tag ([eng] for example), mpv picks the one with "dialog" in the track name or another user-defined string rather than the first one? I'm sick of the fucking "Signs" tracks as the default ones.

Why?

maybe don't download dual audio dubshite

For really old series those are the only available if I don't want to download raws.

Well than, I guess rip.

no

Oh no! I am so sad now. Bah!
Does it mean mpv.srsfckn.biz will host daily/nightly builds?

Ok! I am pretty happy now with lower curve_height value. It's more bulletproof with some videos.

high preset looks better than sharper preset
t-t-t-tthanks i guess