Will translucent technology ever come back?

Will translucent technology ever come back?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.com/2011/09/12/glass-pcbs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

necessarily yes

3rd party controllers make a lot of theirs transparent, and Nintendo made the recent 2ds transparent as well. Other than that I dont know

L I T

It will. I'm sure it will. Just like jorts, neon pink caps for dudes, and pogs. All due for a comeback.

I hope so.

It still has that 'cheap tacky 3rd party junk' stigma though.

Yes, it will when Apple makes their devices transparent to save manufacturing costs.

>making things transparent

That goes against Apple's current strategy

Never and ironically enough you can thank apple for that.

Just buy a fairphone 2

i had to google what jorts are. who the fuck calls denim shorts jorts?

It's short for jean shorts, and literally everyone.

Transparent Thinkpad when?

The 90's had the best product design.

Prove me wrong.

qed

I don't see why not.

hackaday.com/2011/09/12/glass-pcbs/

90s was just the best era of design and fashion ever

Don't worry, they'll eventually make it when they realize they can make it for cheaper.

sexy and they know it

The iPhone 7 and millennials in skinny jeans today got nothing on Zack Morris's tech and fashion.

They now reverted back to the iPhnoe 3Gs's color scheme with the 7. I'm sure given enough time, they'll go back to transparent products.

>tfw you still have all your pogs

Looks tasty

It's all subjective, but the '90s while having a lot of good shit didn't feel nearly as timeless as the early 2000s high-end.

Beige was ass.

I was a huge fan of the Atomic Purple Game Boy.

Would buy Atomic Purple iPhone.

That style is from the '80s, not the '90s.
And not really that timeless, either. Especially with that lame color scheme.

everyones case and their moms has a window and see through dust shields and fans so you can see your Kool LEDs

postan' in troll bread.

THISSSS

>Literally an electron cannon shooting right into your eyeballs
Good thing they discontinued those

Using plastic should not qualify as technology

Phosphor absorbs basically all of the beam, and CRTs have better display qualities all around, except for size/power consumption.

They literally only died because they are inconvenient.

People tend to associate it with cheapness nowadays.

Wow that is one zany shirt.

Pink used to be a boys color you know, user. Blue used to mean that it was a girl. Just like how the political parties colors have been changed.

>people will pay 200$ for a mechanical keyboard that looks just like this in 2016

>200$
oh, user

God I fucking wish it would.

I always thought the translucent laptop in the movie Hackers was pretty awesome looking. Personally I'd love to have a translucent laptop, but by today's build standards I doubt it would be durable enough for the tight and slim form factor that most notebooks have these days.

Not exactly early, but my first computer was pic related. I wish I had kept the damn case.

My negro. I was given the same computer as the last gift I received from my father. Goddamned 60 pound monstrosity. Inner workings were a cluster fuck of dust trapping plastic bridges all over but it was built like a tank. Broke my toe on the case when I misjudged the distance it stuck out one night.

I remember seeing them in F.EA.R. as well.

nobody ever called them that.

Literally just had an acquaintance tell me they bought one the other day and wanted to ask me if I had one. 185$.

I have this phone.

The hardware looks cool as fuck.

The OS is dead though, but it did have some potential.

The case layout was non-standard, you would't have been able to use it anyway.

When transparent magnesium will invented.

I think Asus ProArt series nailed the "classic" and "professional" design concepts.

>CRTs have better display qualities all around
You're shitting out of your mouth

That's the Model M SSK, I know a guy who got one for more than 1000 bucks

I hope so. iPhone internals are perfect for that.

Literally the past version of le ebin gaymur ;;;;^^^^^pppppppP)))))) case

They're still covered up you dumb cunt, putting a transparent cover on it is pointless all you can see is a battery you can't even get to

you sound a lil mad and frustrated man you wanna talk about it

u ok?

the insides are even more covered up than an iphones'

Dohoh

The Firefox phone was translucent, but not long after I got one, they discontinued Firefox OS. It feels like the illuminati doesn't want translucent tech to be relevant.

>Transparent Thinkpad when?
About a year or so after Apple brings out a transparent MacBook.
Except the Thinkpad will only be transparent to infra-red, so you'll need a Note 7 as well.

>Beige was ass.
Beige was a "professional" color. Like blue for desktop backgrounds.

>T. Filthy millennial scum.