twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

English

HTML

HTML

>come at me

American.

JavaScript?

o i am laffin

Correct answer is something like Fortran or whatever the original infrastructure was built on

pee eich pee

>Fortran

The interslut wasn't created in 1977 it was built by DARPA in the 50's

Sorry I meant ARPA.

1. HTML
2. English

C

ITT: People don't know the difference between the Internet and the web.

>muh C invented everything

American

>Not understanding how old Fortran is
Fortran was used in the 1950s, developed by IBM.

The initial spread of the Internet is closely linked to the development of the Unix operating system, and Unix was written in C.

Memes

What is HTML?

ARPANET != Internet

Freedom

What are: Idiots?

This

Lisp

unix was not originally written in C
development of unix predates C by like 3 years

The internet was created in the 90s, ARPANet laid the foundation for network connectivity but is not the original "internet". Hell, you couldn't even route outside local networks until the late 80s (this is covered in the CCNA courses).

Indian

The web and the idea of HyperText were absolutely important for the Internet's success.

Indo-european

This and this. Depends on the level.

wasn't the first web server and browser written in objective-c on a next workstation?

i was wrong, it was written in C (on a next workstation)

source w3.org/Daemon/Implementation/

Who cares you fucking cunts

The real internet began with the WWW and HTTP. The wikipedia-defined internet began with ARPAshit and their gay little network.

In order of importance:

1. IPv4
2. Transmission Control Protocol
3. Hypertext Transfer Protocol
4. HTML
10. C
12. JavaScript

>languages
>posts protocols

ITT: Everybody needs to read "Where Wizards Stay Up Late"

ISBN-13: 978-0684832678
ISBN-10: 0684832674

It's the same.

You define keywords which make technical pieces (i.e. CPU) do stuff.

Page 154:

>During a break from a meeting Cerf chaired at ISI to discuss TCP in early 1978, Cerf, Postel, and Danny Cohen, a colleague of Postel’s at ISI, got into a discussion in a hallway.
>
>"We were drawing diagrams on a big piece of cardboard that we leaned up against the wall in the hallway," Postel recalled. When the meeting resumed, the trio presented an idea to the group: break off the piece of the Transmission-Control Protocol that deals with routing packets and form a separate Internet Protocol, or IP. After the split, TCP would be responsible for breaking up messages into datagrams, reassembling them at the other end, detecting errors, resending anything that got lost, and putting packets back in the right order. The Internet Protocol, or IP, would be responsible for routing individual datagrams.

So basically this: