R.I.P Twitter

So big name social media platforms that push to become too advertiser/brand friendly are starting to lose face, making way for smaller, nicher competitors. Do you think we'll see the decentralisation of monolithic social media services in our lifetime?

>Do you think we'll see the decentralisation of monolithic social media services in our lifetime?

Doubt it
Youtube, Twitter and Facebook have been blatantly fucking over its users for years and they're still the top dogs mainly because nobody can step up to the plate

Don't go away Twitter, you are so helpful on making the world a better place...

true, true, but niche platforms have been making grounds, especially on phones, seems people are using a different service every month.
kek

literally only facebook from that group makes any money

youtube is actually costing google millions every year without ever turning a profit
twitter is even worse, twitter never turned a profit but has it's investors just funneling money in, that money's gonna run out. Youtube at least has rich daddy google to pay for it. I can totally see Twitter falling apart within 5-10 years.

You should read a book called Hatching Twitter to just understand how fucked up that company is. It's literally a joke that somehow went for too long.

those smaller, nichier competitors are burning VC money as they don't make revenue, that's why they offer a service that's too good to be true. once they make it big they'll have to lose face too in order to at least try to make revenue or else investors just wont give them more money, therefore making way for smaller, nichier competitors that rely on VC money

its a vicious cycle and the result is endless jobs for people like us

>VC money
vc?

venture capital

venture capital, a company dedicated to managing other people's money

it can be a guy that is rich and invests his own too, like where i work

oh ofc, how did I miss that haha.
Yeah, you're probably correct.
Seems fine though, if not a little bit difficult to keep up with.

I honestly don't know where Twitter is going.
Moves to explain the features of tweets (not counting urls or tags as characters, increasing tweet size, etc) are ruining the foundation of what makes Twitter what it is while they then add in "features" no one asked for like filters that show you "better" tweets, rearrange your timeline or stick adverts amongst your tweets.

I like Twitter but I am pretty sure whoring itself out to investors was the biggest mistake and will completely ruin it.

I don't care anymore about twitter, the userbase is way too cancerous.

Twitter is somewhat having an identity crisis.
It's actually really good right now, but the whole thing is unsustainable.

It's like Facebook in its golden age but without the advertising money. Very good for the consumers, bad for the businessmen.

in what way is it good for consumers?

The normies that signed up between 2009-2013 are realizing that it's shit for them because, to them, it's just another page to update. This leaves only die hard tech users and other niches behind.

The core user experience has stayed the same. It didn't change drastically over the years like Facebook has. You also control who you follow, and you follow people / topics that are relevant to you.

Twitter is like a simplified RSS feed.

I think at a point, it will. My Space had it's day and so will these fuckers. Though, I'm beginning to believe there is too great an interest by the state to let the social media giants disband. Especially Facebook. Twitter will die eventually if they're not considered as valuable a data collection tool though. That slimy jew Zuckerberg is too big to fail status. Twitter on the other hand is growing, but not too big to fail. They just don't make fucking money.

You forgot Google.

>we'll see the decentralisation of monolithic social media services
No we are seeing the centralization of social media services under Facebook.

Google owns Youtube. Google is a given.

>That slimy jew Zuckerberg is too big to fail status
well pic related
but too big to fail is a myth
it's a term used to describe something that relies on the faith of the people
this can go away

Jack ruined Twitter, twice.