/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation

If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bose-bose-quietcomfort-35-over-ear-noise-cancelling-wireless-headphones-black-quietcomfort-35-blk/10424241.aspx?path=07f51e0452394973343f5b6dca70b9d1en02
theverge.com/2016/6/21/11975496/bose-qc-35-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-quietcomfort-flawed
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I get these

bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bose-bose-quietcomfort-35-over-ear-noise-cancelling-wireless-headphones-black-quietcomfort-35-blk/10424241.aspx?path=07f51e0452394973343f5b6dca70b9d1en02

Hey OP, you seem to have forgotten a few things:
> Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
> Wireless is frowned upon.
> Headset requests are frowned upon.

Also, why are you doing this when the older thread is not a the bump limit? Are you new, or somewhat disingenuous? :^)

K92 or K72?

Wait for the bumplimit, sperglord.

>somewhat disingenuous?
He wants to create the new OP to ignore what is well known. That headsets and wireless headphones are always worse than contemporary choices.

Do you have a credible source to prove that wireless is bad?

And by credible I don't mean audiophile blog-tier articles.

Regarding headsets, some people just want convenience and a simple form factor, who are you to judge their requests.

Please fucking kill yourself already.

Different user than the last thread but similar problem

Yamaha HS8s
JBL LSR308s
Tannoy Reveal 802
Adam A8x

>Do you have a credible source to prove that wireless is bad?
Oh look at that! The jackass is trying to argue logic and presents a straw man.

How good is the HD600? I heard its the most neutral headphone with the least transformation in the music

Yamaha HS8 if you want rear-ported
Tannoy Reveal 802 if you want front-ported

>And by credible I don't mean audiophile blog-tier articles.
What source will accept that is not "audiophile blog tier?"

>I only accept the existence of sand because I've stuck my head in the sand and can only see sand.

It's perfect.

I don't know whether to go for DT770 or DT880

I would get a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, so what impedance should I get?
I may use it for my Galaxy S7 too

DT770 Pro 80 ohm limited edition.

Dear new friend,
lurk more. This isn't reddit.

Looking to get some Beyerdynamics, do I go for DT 770, 880 or 990's? Is there a big difference?

DT770 80 Ohm if you want closed
DT880 600 Ohm if you want open

Nice proof.

>I reject everyone who disagrees with me because sound quality is not the only objective standard to determine what makes a good headphone. To me a convenient headphone that has no drivers is better than one that is inconvenient but has drivers.

Not an argument

Stick your head deeper in the sand. We can still hear your bullshit.

AMD: the headphone

Without hard wires there would be no wireless.
Your turn.

K92

>Do you have a credible source to prove that wireless is bad?
Let's create a situation. Say you're outside, in the middle of a thunderstorm. You're wearing wireless headphones and your desktop is 50ft away. I'm wearing wired headphones with a 50ft cable. Who will have better audio?

theverge.com/2016/6/21/11975496/bose-qc-35-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-quietcomfort-flawed

>old thread not even on page 7
Fucking cancer.

>>>/reddit/

About 110. 220 from 770 to 990.

you have incredible amounts of autism

It is better to create a thread before it reaches page ten (so long as it has hit the bump limit). If we wait until it hits page 10, it might fall off before a forward link can be posted.

>beyershit
just save yourself the trouble and get a k702

Is closed worth it or is it just a meme with much shittier sound than open?

>it might fall off before a forward link can be posted.
It'll still be archived though, won't it? It's fine if it goes off page 10 so long as you still have OP's post number. Pretty sure making threads early is kind of frowned upon on any board.

The consensus is that:

Sennheiser > Beyerdynamic > shit > AKG

Hifiman HE-400i for 300. Should I get them?

Nice try Sennheiserbergstien shill
now go back to /reddit/

DT770 and DT880 have similar sound signature, so the choice between them basically relies on your preferences. Are you going to use the headphones in a noisy environment? Do you want isolation? Are you going to use them at home?

What does Sennheiser have to do with reddit?

>meme

Stop using this word for everything. Closed headphones provide better sound isolation. If you're in an environment or scenario where that is necessary or advantageous then you should pursue closed headphones. If not, then open headphones are generally a better value because it's easier to make open headphones sound good. There are a few nuances besides that but that's the main point.

>It'll still be archived though, won't it?
You do not want to have a link to the new thread in every thread to provide an easy chain of discussion across multiple threads?

reddit raves about the HD600, but that's about it

You need to go back along with all the other (((sennheiser))) shills
>>>/reddit/

I'm sorry, what? Could you try rephrasing that?

The problem is that DT880 is almost twice as expensive here

Should I just get the DT770 even if I might not always need sound isolation?

What part confused you?

Let me try putting it another way. Why do you think we have a link in the OP to connect to the last thread?

so does /hpg/

maybe it's just a good headphone

XD

K702 is better so just get that, the DT770 in nigger bass

>/hpg/
>liking sennheiser
i think you misspelled /reddit/

not really, only when redditors like OP are lost

>Why do you think we have a link in the OP to connect to the last thread?
Can I answer your question with a question?
Why do you have a link to the previous thread when the previous thread hasn't reached the bump limit?

How do you wash velour pads?

>K702
Literally fucking garbage headphones.

>made in china
>no fucking bass
>uncomfortable
>garbage rollercoaster frequency response past 1kHz
>garbage sensitivity

>Why do you have a link to the previous thread when the previous thread hasn't reached the bump limit?
I don't. I wait for the bump limit every time.

I'll bump your limit.

With these amazing things.

The OP shouldn't contain any opinions.

Assuming you are the same poster (as there is only one response to each post), would you now answer my question since I answered yours?

I see K702 shills are still running rampant.

It isn't opinion it is past history of /hpg/ that created those. Even in this thread we have the age old shitposting due to the big three which created the "asking opinion on X is frowned on."

stating that something is frowned upon isn't an opinion, retard

why would you lie about something that is so easy to verify?

Can i get away with using open headphones while on skype/teamspeak? Or will i end up with a feedback loop?

Obviously I wan't a link to the previous thread. That's the norm for generals. But doing it early can bump other individual threads off the last page. It's just considered rude. Even if the thread goes off page 10 you can still link to it because it'll be in the archive. Literally no reason to make threads early. Technically it's a form of spam, which is against the global rules.

>why would you lie about something that is so easy to verify?
How am I lying? Are you assuming I posted the OP even though I stated in >so long as it has hit the bump limit

It's an opinion. Trust me. I've created this general and I've been on Sup Forums when the only headphone threads were about fags talking about their PortaPros and V6s.

You're entitled to your opinion on wireless being shit but the OP should only contain info links.

Putting opinions on the OP turns the thread into a circlejerk.

>It's an opinion. Trust me
It is not opinion. Trust me. I've been on this general since day one and I've been on Sup Forums since it was not technolo/g/y.

I'm not sure which gaming headphones to get since there is a vareity of them, give me a recommendation please

Avoid anything with led lights or the word gaming in the name.

You don't understand what an opinion is.

Daily reminder that there's literally nothing wrong with wireless.

>le chinks guyz amirite
>Being a nigger
>autism
>autism
care to make a valid point

>>>/reddit/

its all shit

Stop shilling your shitty website.

Sound like closed cans compared to hd598.

Let's do this again, the statement that wireless is frowned upon is due to wired being superior, right?

That doesn't take into consideration the needs of the user. Some people just want the convenience of wireless.

We should be free to discuss wireless headphones here, same for headsets.

About to buy the Philips SHP9500. How wrong am I?

They are there to pre-empt any pointless shitposting about them that. Every time any discussion occurs about them after a few posts it degenerates into shitposting. Take for example the tail end of the last thread. We have one idiot sticking his head in the sand and advocating for /hpg/ to be as much of an objective circlejerk as head-fi like he does in every thread wireless is discussed.

That jackass (possibly you) wanting to remove them because it is his opinion that wireless HAS TO HAVE some good headphones to recommend does not change the history of /hpg/ including recent history.

>>>/reddit/
go back sennfag

>Let's do this again, the statement that wireless is frowned upon is due to wired being superior, right?
Wrong. See

Nobody wants to go to your cancerous website, Redditor. Stop shilling it.

>as much of an *subjective circlejerk as head-fi
Fixed

This shitposting that is occurring now is because of this bait post .

Removing it from the OP doesn't encourage shitposting.

>>>/reddit/
>redditor implying hes not a redditor
wew lad

>this bait post .
No, it is happening because two idiots want to shitpost. If one of the two choose to just post:
>See OP: Asking opinion on x is frowned upon
The discussion would have died in its infancy.

It's not that simple.

If the 'wireless is frowned' statement was in the OP, the same shitposting would have occurred.

The fact that it is frowned upon is true. That's not an opinion.
That wireless is shit is an opinion.
Do you understand the difference now, or are you really this retarded?

I suspect you can't accept people may disagree with you, and this interferes with your cognitive abilities. May I suggest a place where a "downvote" button exists?

Frowned upon by who? A small vocal minority that visit this thread?

Yet there's a another vocal minority who dispute the claims of the 'anti-wireless' anons..

Why is r*dd*t mentioned over a dozen times in this thread? Are you fuckers that obsessed?

K702 shills love to being it up to shill their shitty website.

Mentioning it is guaranteed replies for multiple reasons.

What would be the next step up in quality (and price) from a hd598?

You just proved me right.

>It's not that simple.
The thread would still devolve into shitposting if we did not have one person who chose to pre-empt the shitposting by doing what was stated?

HD599

HD600.
K702 is what people buy when they can't afford a HD600. It's literal garbage that gets outperformed by HD558.

HD 600 assuming you like the HD598

Because the other group who dispute the claim would call them out and start a new wave of shitposting again.

It's an endless cycle.

Every single person here is trying to pretend they don't also post on reddit.

>Because the other group who dispute the claim would call them out and start a new wave of shitposting again.
The other group? You mean there would be two people because one did not choose to pre-empt the discussion, ie NOT doing exactly what was stated?

We had a few threads where we had that actually happen. But then the jackass either started lurking again or came of some ban and started making new threads before the bump limit again. Are you the same jackass or just ignoring relatively recent /hpg/ history?

>K702 is what people buy when they can't afford a HD600. It's literal garbage that gets outperformed by HD558
wew lad you wish just get a trip so we can filter you