Going to be switching from iPhone within the next few months...

Going to be switching from iPhone within the next few months. Was thinking of getting a Galaxy s7 Edge but wanted Sup Forums's input. Should I go for it or is there a better option for the same price point?

Oneplus3

No and no.
>getting anything other than stock Android
This is why normies get Samshit phones and then decide Android is shit.
Wait a month and get the Pixel or Pixel XL. Getting an Android phone anywhere other than straight from Google is retarded.

What I don't understand is why Samsung tries so hard to force people into their own ecosystem. They don't provide near enough services like Apple, Google, or Amazon for it to work long-term. Add in all the bloat and Touchwizz garbage and no one in their right mind would take Samsung.

>getting anything from Google
I'd rather not be datamined to death.

Looks interesting except for the Dash Charge part. Don't like proprietary shit.

get whatever the hell you want. research for yourself and see if it fits your needs.

Sup Forums will tell you everything is shit and to wait forever for the next iPhone 8, galaxy s8/note 8 or Nexus phone

Also the screen is said to be pretty bad.

>wanting Sup Forums's opinion on anything

>I'd rather not be datamined to death.
>implying you're getting any less datamined on a Samshit or OPOO
You do realize those still run Android right? Eventhough they do hide it under a thick layer of bloatware and ugly UIs.
If anything the Nexus/Pixel line is better in that regard because you only subscribe to the Google botnet and not the additional Samshit/Sony/Huawei/OPO botnet.

S7 is a fine phone but the glass back is fucking awful. You can't open it up at all and it breaks if you so much as look at it funny.

if you have autism, settle for a oneplus chinkshit so you can rice it out to your hearts content

otherwise the s7 edge is a great phone

Zte axon 7

Google Pixel (will be announced October 4th and available shortly after)

Will come in 2 sizes (one for manlet hands and one for giant freak hands)

Will come with a headphone jack, unlike the retardedPhone 7

Won't come with TouchJizz, unlike the Galaxy Shit 7

I don't know what you're talking about, user. Sup Forums's pretty good for getting a diverse range of tech opinions. Granted you may have to filter some of them out.

Heard the back glass was a bit shit so planned on getting a case with it.

Checking this and the Nexus 6P

Why OP? I'm thinking of switching to iPhone (6S)

Pros: well built, well integrated hardware and software, supported for ages.

Cons: iTunes

Samsung are well built but touchwiz and they're not supported beyond a year.

Nexus only get 2 years of OS support, 3 years security, are always a hardware compromise (battery and camera usually, but often build quality as well) and desu, hardware and OS intergration is often lacking.

Everything else is a mixed bunch but it seems that once you've bought the device all support stops and you're on your own.

Dash charge is great and the source code required for it is open.

I upgraded from an S2 and I wasn't used to the size of it and ended up dropping it on the way to the store to get a case. My life is suffering.

Don't get a 6P, they are going to announce the newer ones less than a month from now

>Nexus are always a hardware compromise
>has never owned the Nexus 5X or 6P

From what I hear the 5x creaks and the 6p has camera app niggles, pluis both are a compromise when it comes to battery life.

>iShit
>well built

>I base my opinions on what shills have told me, not what I've actually experienced

Its what the owners are complaining about on android forums.

get the non edge instead, take it from an edge user.

and dont listen to these nerds, none of them have a real complaint.

Samsung is way better overall experience than other phones,ive tried most of them

or get a 6p, its the first folding phone to come out in years

Never really cared for iOS to be honest. Been jailbreaking since iPhone 3G to make it better but I'm just getting sick of the whole Apple ecosystem. But honestly its Apple's unwillingness to use non-proprietary hardware that's been bugging me for a while.

I'm not saying that they're bad phones or anything. They're just not for me.

After review I just realized that's a USB-C cable. Still not used to seeing those.

Why should I go with the non-edge user-senpai?

5x here, it doesn't creak. It's not AMAZING as most nexus users would tell you, but if you don't get one that bootloops, it's a very very good phone for the price.

>buying at launch
Ishiggydiggydoo

Year-old nexus is the way to go. Bugs are ironed out, software works better on the hardware over time (as opposed to apple or samsung), security patches for 2 years then community support for 4+ more. People still running N4s and they're snappy because the system they run doesn't collect garbage.

The S7 edge is amazing.
Best phone I've owned. It's beautiful, functional and fast as fuck.
The touchwiz argument is long outdated now - I've not seen a moment of lag in the five months I've owned this phone.

That all said, screen protector + case. It's gorgeous but all glass is asking to be dropped.

LG G5 is the master phone right now.
V20 coming out soon will be great as well but the difference between them is personal preference. Samsung is literally shit ever since the S5, apple is jews, HTC doesnt know what it wants to be and everything else is irrelevant.

well. i went for the edge because it has a bigger battery 3600vs3000 on the non edge. but i have yet to notice any difference in battery life, both are two day batteries.

the non edge is also much more comfortable to hold, and its easier finding cases for,

its way easier to operate the non edge with one hand since the screen and overall size is just a tad smaller. but the same resolution.

also on the non edge it will happen from time to time that you accidently touch the screen with your hand while typing or w/e and it does something you didnt intend.

>shitskin
>poorfag

S7 edge has been a amazing phone for me but there's one issue.. the spots at the very edge of the phone often don't register touch. Its a non issue mostly but try to try it out if anyone wants to buy any edge phone.

You will hate Android. So lagggy and crashy and the apps suck compared to the same ones for your iphone.

Get an SE. Fuck the 7.

Used my friend's s7 Edge and liked it a fair amount more than my (at the time) jailbroken iPhone. But different strokes for different folks and all that.

I don't understand
I've had the 6 plus since its release and this has never happened to me
And I stuff that baby in my jeans so tight sometimes one of my balls shoot up into my pelvis yet I've never had it bend much less crack if I dropped it (I didn't get a case however cause I'm not a mong)

But no! Didn't you read what he said? Android freeze as soon as you look at the phone unlike iphones

Just get the iPhone 7 and be courageous.

wait for google's pixel phone

I can't answer the better option for the price point question. But I have it and I love it. Mainly just text, browse web, and read comics. But its great at that. Pretty good battery life for heavy use (about a day, including wifi). Excellent standby. I do like the edge features. I use the edge swipe a lot.

And it looks so good. I love it. But you do need a case. Don't use it without a case.

Why are you switching?
But I do like the s7 edge a lot. I'm a big believer in the "peak phone" meme and I think we probalby reached peak phone around the time of iphone 4s. I mean, by now you can do everything you need to do with any phone that isn't marketed to the poorest of the poor as a budget phone. I guess speed matters to some people.

In that sense, the S7 edge is probably going to dissapoint you. Because the edge UI is neat, but not a complete game changer. Its still a phone. They don't do anything different anymore.

Thank you for your in-depth analysis.

>Why are you switching?
Just tired of iOS and the Apple ecosystem. I've never really been happy with stock iOS except for maybe 7.1.2.

Been looking more into the Nexus 6P after checking out other phone threads here on Sup Forums. But it's still neck and neck between the S7 and Nexus 6P