Music studio project

So hey guys I'm putting together a PC for music production

I have a $ 1,500 limit and I got most of the parts down. I'm just missing a few components and I'd like your opinion on Such

This will be my home studio computer for music production, recording and mixing

Mobo: ASUS M5A99 Pro 2.0
CPU: AMD FX8300
RAM: Corsair XMS 4GB (x4)
Optical Drives: HP SATA DVD-ROM (x2)
Case: Fractal Design R5
Fans: Corsair 120mm

All of this cost around $632-$761. But I still need a
Display Monitor
GPU
HDD
And Stereo Monitors.

So do you guys have any suggestions for around $700 ( my remaining amount)

Thanks In advance!!

What DAW are you planning to use? Windows is fucking terrible for audio work and that AMD CPU was a bad choice for audio as well, prepare to have terrible latency on your $1500 rig.

Get yourself a used Mac. Low latency audio. Built in.

Well I would get an i7, but the AMD would give me more wiggle room cost wise.

Also I'm aware that Macs are the industry standard, but can't other OS do music just as well?

You will probably need a lot more ram

Bull fucking shit, I work in the industry for huge clients and it pretty much doesn't matter pickleshit what OS you use.

KXStudio. I'm using it as I type and I love it. Linux based.

buy a macbook

no no and no

Mac isn't magically that much better for audio work. Yeah it has Core Audio but that really doesn't mean shit.

I would get an intel CPU 4th gen or newer, i5 with decent integrated graphics so you don't need a GPU.

Also you should have at least 8GB RAM, you don't need such a nice case.

WD blue or seagate are both fine for HDD

Get a used 1080p 22" or higher display off eBay for cheap (from a good brand)

And since it's for music production, I would spend the rest on speakers, you also probably want an audio card or a usb audio interface, since motherboard audio is usually shit

You can build a hackintosh. You also need no GPU, just a powerful processor

Buf he said 4 x 4gb corsair so that's 16 gigs

Okay I ACTAULLY KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND PRODUCE MUSIC
DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE OTHER FAGGOTS

-Intel I7
-16 GB RAM
-Radeon
-Power Supply
-Motherboard
-Case
Don't fuck around with "fans"
get WINDOWS
get Fl Studio

DO NOT BUY A MACINTOSH PC
UNLESS YOU ARE A FAG
but you can buy a macbook pro because Skrillex uses that.
However apple is a faggot so don't.

I feel 16Gigs should be enough. After all this isn't a professional rig, just a home project studio
Thanks, I will check that shit out.
I totally forgot about adding the sound card to my list, thanks for the heads up. Also I just wanted a case that would keep the rig quiet enough so it doesn't bug me
FL studio sounds nice but I was mainly thinking of using Pro tools and Reaper/Ableton

I got an FX6350 and have almost 0 latency on Win7, stop spewing bullshit

No, you can't. Pro Tools is unstable af on AMD, Digital Performer is whatever, and FL Studio is a fucking joke. Reason kicks ass and runs on anything though, at least use Reason if you're running Windows.
I totally believe you.
I'll never stop spewing the truth. You're delusional if you think Windows has even close to zero lag. There's a reason every legitimate studio on earth uses OS X. There's also a reason some studios are still running G5s instead of buying Windows rigs.

i have a raspberry pi and run at 30ms latency on AV Linux.

windows doesn't come close to the configurability and power that a linux distro can provide.

that cpu is going to take some loud cooling just get an i5 like seriously, vsts can run on together fine @ rendering it's just realtime when you;ll ever see limits. intel will handle it better anyways

>30ms

thats gigantic. thats like connecting to google

you can come play my guitar and tell me you notice. its indiscernible, and I use a laptop as my main machine running @ ~9ms, just letting OP know the most bang for his buck in recording power lies with linux.

Can you produce music on gnu/linux?

libremusicproduction.com/