Opus is the best audio codec at all bitrates. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8
mega.nz/#F!YpdkjZwI!PVcp3fA5JlDCOMKgyBxlOg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bF24aek19t8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FLAC is superior

Vorbis is supported on more platforms and the quality difference is nominal. Also Vorbis supports frequencies over 20KHz and Opus doesn't.

>frequencies over 20KHz

What did he mean by this?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8

Why support a frequency you can even hear? Also aac is superior, the replacement to vorbis

Alright...

mega.nz/#F!YpdkjZwI!PVcp3fA5JlDCOMKgyBxlOg

>Why support a frequency you can even hear?
Music is about feeling, not hearing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bF24aek19t8

AAC holds it quality better at lower bitrates than vorbis, the only thing that beats its is opus and its not that much better

AAC is the replacement of nothing, it's an outdated and obsoleted format, it's barely newer than MP3, WHICH IS made of the same resilient designs that has made JPEG endure for so fucking long.

Though, personally, I prefer Vorbis.

Both AAC and Opus sound bad, just that each one is bad in their own way. What point are you trying to make?

That Opus isn't the best at anything except low overhead realtime encoding.

That's just a fair comparison between 4 formats at 48kbps

The WMA file's bitrate is around 66kbps (though, in quality, it's somewhere between Vorbis and AAC)

Nope, same bitrate, the reported bitrate is wrong, confirm with the filesize.

WMA is close-source shit, that tends to happen, but the encoder settings are 48kbps and the filesize confirms it.

There ARE bitrates where AAC wins, just not ALL the lower ones, no need to exaggerate.

This is WMA 10 Pro, its closed-source and very license-encumbered and lacked hardware support at the time so it was never used widely for anything at all, but the quality of it has always been very good.

There are parts where the WMA10Pro file sounds more faithful than any other format.

Rotational velocidensity damage

Will I be saved from this if I convert my MP3s to FLAC?

If it's not already too late.

Do people really think that shit introduced by 44.1 > 48 conversion is audible?

Do you guys think that 64kbps Opus is OK for portable use?
What about 160kbps as a replacement for MP3 V0?