AMD is done

AMD is done.

Other urls found in this thread:

thestreet.com/story/13700029/1/why-amd-stock-is-falling-today.html
ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2199899
investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/041414/odd-lot-theory-betting-small-investors-are-wrong.asp
investopedia.com/ask/answers/12/difference-investing-trading.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>20% drop in less than a week
Youch, that's gotta hurt. Naturally the poomdshills are staying quiet about this.

What the fuck happened?

AMD sold/created 10% more stock. This is normal and those playing the long game on Zen etc will know this. They created 10% more stock to help pay off more of that debt. Day market stock holders often panic sell (noobs).

thestreet.com/story/13700029/1/why-amd-stock-is-falling-today.html

its actually not a big deal

ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2199899

inb4 shitposters pretend they understand trading all of a sudden
The market always responds to action. AMD is moving to pay down their long term debt.

Tempted to buy $2.5k of stock on monday.

I told everyone AMD was fucked, but they didn't listen.

This is just the beginning, it's all downhill from here.

rx480 a shit

they deserve to lose money

rx470 is quite comfy tho

This thread is brought to you by AMD
our products will be good someday, we promise

The pain is just getting started. It just cracked support and I wouldn't touch it until it cracks the next one. AMD has been doing this $2-$4-$8 range for years. There are a ton of longs trapped above in that $6-$8 range waiting for a chance to sell.

>Tempted to buy $2.5k of stock on monday.

never try to catch a falling knife

this is their chance

When they start generating revenue from Zen enterprise sales they'll be back on the up. AMD isn't a company with a certain future, they're a roller coaster. They're a pretty easy to predict roller coaster though.

Should I buy AMD yet? How long will they be falling for?

TWITTER IS FINISHED

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

Gonna buy $60k in call options when it dips below 5 with a Jan 2016 expiration and $15 strike price.

Nobody *should buy into anything. Wise move would, if you wanted to gamble, have been to buy shares when they bottomed out below $2.
I'd say on the short term hold and see if they hit $4 before having a little rebound and settling in the $4-5 range. They'll have a moderately lived rally going into 2017 when they start shipping new parts, and Su gives a glowing investor call. Maybe they'll hit $8 again and stay there for a couple months, maybe they'll hit $10.
2017 has all the makings of a big bubble for AMD stock. Whether you walk away with full pockets or empty ones depends entirely on what you expect.

Solid advice would be to never put money into a company you "like."

write naked puts it's more fun

>Jan 2016

why such a high strike price, that's 300% from where we are now

How do i play the stock market

>How do i play the stock market

don't fuck with it

best advice you can get

It's fine as long as you don't do it with money you can't afford to lose

I want to make some extra money

>already have tons of money

>buy and sell stocks and calls and puts based on if you think stocks will go up or down
>get rich or more than likely burn out and piss away your money on commissions/nothing

live a life of regret from then on

>I want to make some extra money

you have to dedicate all your free time to it, it's not an easy way to "make extra money"

wait at least five days from the drop. always.

investopedia.com/articles/active-trading/041414/odd-lot-theory-betting-small-investors-are-wrong.asp

it's only down 5%

calm down

Roleplay being a Jew.
There are plenty of books on the matter. If you understand market trends, the fact that trends are influenced by how other people think, and by how computer algorithms expect people to think, with cursory knowledge on a company's past and their near future, making wise investments is pattern recognition.

Market investing isn't unduly dangerous. No adult should be silly enough to expect guaranteed returns.

dont

NOT FOOLING ME THIS TIME, SHAMAL!

>Market investing isn't unduly dangerous.

we are talking about trading not investing

Unless you're expecting to lose its still technically an investment.

>Unless you're expecting to lose its still technically an investment.

shorting bullshit stocks is not an investment,

investopedia.com/ask/answers/12/difference-investing-trading.asp

a lot of stocks dropped today though

the whole market was down over 2%, amd just did a little worse

TIME TO INVEST

>bought AMD at $2.33
>sold at $7.83

Ayyyyyyy lmaoooooooo

>15 shares

AMD is adding shares of stock and using the money to pay off some of their debt. This was expected.

Go the hell back to /o/.

when there's a crash, buy heavy industry, minerals and oil. wait five months, sell anything that isn't a dividend paying stock. rinse and repeat every 2-4 years.

>tfw Galax's 6gb 1060 is cheaper than even the 4gb RX 470 in here
AMDED AND FINISHED.

Yes. This card was so overhyped, blame AMD. It good only on boring DX12 games.

>300% up
>20% down
DOOOOOOMED

BUY THE DIP

AYYYMDPAJEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

I'll buy at $3

You should try stand-up.

fucking technical analysis bull shit at it again

keep your eyes on the man not his dog

Yep. It helps long term to pay the debts, this gives them more room to work with. However hurts short term investors.

Here's a screencap so you won't be surprised when this pseudo pennystock, share diluting turd finally bottoms in the mid 4's.

When will kaby lake come out? I want to drop my amd cpu asap.

I jumped in at less than $3, sold at $7 and decided to short some.
AMD has been good to me.

>not buying an etf

It as if you want no profits

If I see that duck pattern on the SPY again, I'm backing up the truck and loading up the boat margined to the hilt.

:^)

The question is.
is the duck going for a dive
or is it going to FLY AWAY!?
WHICH IS IT???

Past ducks have shown ~$75 gains measured from the upper bill and thus they are bull continuation patterns. Buy the upper bill with a stop below the lower bill. EZ money.

>Sup Forums shows how little it knows about business once more
You guys are worse than Sup Forums when it comes to "x is finished"

If you are an ignorant idiot you should invest in a passive index fund over the long term.

>buy AMD
kek

Uses a daily chart while rambling about yearly longs it's like you did t know and was only 2 to 3 dollars for a while

nobody said shit about the growth to $7, but you complaining about that $2 drop

>growth to $7
The pump.
>$2 drop
The (beginning of the) dump.

I-it's different this time. AMD is a real contender now.

A lot of people said shit about the stock rising actually. At least on Sup Forums.

It's over Google is finished!

It will be a glorious day when this shitty company is put into the ground.

I am 12 and what is this