Please help for the love of god

PLEASE tell me how to deal with this unbelievable piece of shit

Every single time I turn on my computer Windows 10 is constantly using my hard drive. It hovers from 30% to 60% and it makes everything on the computer sluggish

Its either scanning shit, installing or updating shit, downloading shit it NEVER STOPS

IT NEVER EVER FUCKING STOPS

IT SCANS THE COMPUTER CONSTANTLY

I can't deal with this man

And when you turn scanning off it keeps pinging you every 30 minutes to turn it back on and THEN IT TURNS IT BACK ON IN AWHILE ANYWAY

PLEASE HELP ME Sup Forums I CANT DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE

Other urls found in this thread:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install
win7

Wipe
Install LTSB
Go to policy management
Disable telemetry
Disable OneDrive
Disable defender
Watch how the same problem occurs
Give up
Install Gentoo

I installed Arch Linux today and I've found it uses no disk time unless I ASK IT TO

Install an OS that respects you as a user, OP!

Don't trust the namefag, OP, arch breaks and is slow compared to Gentoo.

I don't know if the drivers for the laptop work on Windows 7

>loonix
For reasons I don't want to get into I need to stick with Windows 10 in some fashion. I'm just hoping there's a way to neuter this piece of shit.

I use Linux on other computers and in general I'm happy with it.

I'VE only tried insider preview but maybe you are sharing updates by p2p?

>I don't know if the drivers for the laptop work on Windows 7
>I-I already use linux, I promise

kek

fuck u, nice

Yo, this man speaks the truth. Gentoo is the best distro.

I've never had this problem.

Fuck off jordan

Wincucks get what they deserve.

Windows also did not detect my hard disk at all after I disassembled my laptop so I thought I had broken the sata cable when I accidentally crushed it with a screw.

I can mount it fine in Arch, and in Windows it didn't show up in device manager or the disk utility thing either.

Linux is great!

>use linux
>dont have to install special drivers, everything just works
??????

Even on arch you basically just have to pick foss or proprietary. Drivers on Linux have always been easier to deal with unless you have the odd binary blob for WiFi or something that requires special instructions.

Why do you sound like an ad.
Talk like a regular person.

Go to a psychiatrist man, because windows do this shit since the vista days, superfetch will always be using your shitty hdd to cache things on ram of the most used stuff.
Its a no deal and its how modern oses work.
Get an SSD if your problem is the performance that you might think its affecting.

i don't have that problem

>Install Spybot Anti Beacon
>Disable Background Intelligent Transfer Service
>Kill/Uninstall things which use up your HDD in the Task Manager
>Disable Windows Defender

That's about it.

>sound
>Talk

Anonymous, this is an imageboard where we communicate by image and by text. We don't even speak or communicate by sound at all.

Fuck off jordan.

>PLEASE tell me how to deal with this unbelievable piece of shit

By not installing it, jackass.

You've had a year of huge warnings but you ignored them. Now you reap what you sow.

Rather than getting upset, just choose your words more carefully and there will be no problem.

How long has the distro been running? It might just be indexing and should die off after a few hours. I don't have anything disabled and this is what it looks like

Get out of my imageboard.

Moot?!? Post your deksotp!

I bought a new computer, I didn't install it

Will look into Spybot Anti Beacon, thank you for the advice.

Never had this issue with previous versions. I don't think you understand just how bad it is. My hard drive's audibly rattling whenever the computer is using Windows 10 with hdd activity spikes in task manager all the time.

2000, XP, Vista and 7 were never like this. It feels like I'm using the computer while its defragging, downloading updates and a malware scan is simultaneously going on

Windows 10 needs classic shell or it sucks hugely

You need new hardware.

Windows™ 10 has more security, support and privacy than all other operating systems right now.

>Arch

the process using 20+% of the CPU is Service Host local system or whatever its caled

Download process monitor, close all programs, run process monitor as admin and limit the view to only drive access.
This will show you in real time what is accessing the drive, anything else is a shot in the dark.

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor

What happened to all those threads on Sup Forums about how to get rid of all the Windows 10 bloat shti

replace it with an ssd, thank me later

"Upgrade your computer to use the OS your computer came with"

Bravo, Microsoft

>4GB RAM
Found your problem.

Which one?

None, it's a single host process that they all run under. To stop one would be to stop all.

>wat are services

Fuck.
No wonder I never get replies.

Delete system 32.
OR
Install Gentoo.

These are your options.

squeel for me.

spybot is the best program group i've ever used desu

>actually installs windows 10 in Sup Forums

whats actually the best program to debloat win10?

On a 4GB machine?
A Windows XP install disk.

>more privacy
Ok user kum chan family senpai desu

just disable the search indexer

Windows XP runs like shit and has no compatibility with anything less than 6 years old. If you want poor compatibility you may as well install linux. It's better than win xp In literally every aspect, including compatibility with software.

Confirmed for zero experience with XP.

Stop using Windows.

I used it for 10 years. It was really annoying with its million security holes. People who didn't expose their ports to the Internet had it easy. Worst os Microsoft ever made. Dumbed down win2k really.

Confirmed for zero experience with XP.

Enjoy your win2k for babbies dumbuser

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

Without wanting to be glib, the best way is to simply go back to Windows 7. I tried fighting Windows 10 for over a year and you will never win that battle.

windows is professional software made by a multibillion dollar company instead of neckbeard NEETs

therefore this is a feature

What's it like living with cerebral palsy

Wincucks get what wincucks deserve

Except that it usually stops when you disable p2p updates. (The thing microsoft uses your bandwidth for to spread updates on their behalf.)

It's been like 7 years since I saw a blue screen on my pc...got it on Windows 10 latest release..

IRQ less than or equal to some number..

IRQ ffs!!! Reminded me of 1996

>what is colloquialism

INSTALL GENTOO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its unsolvable. I had the IRQ issue. Everyone told me I had a hardware issues. Bad ram/mobo. I bought new ram, I even used the win dbg tools to try and figure out what the fuck was messed up. Nope.

0 blue screens as soon as i went back to Windows 8.1 for months now.

So I dunno, something in my PC didn't like Win 10. I'll buy a new PC when this one gets too outdated instead.