Is being poor the only reason not to buy a MacBook?

Is being poor the only reason not to buy a MacBook?

I mean if you have money and buying one doesn't hurt you financially why wouldn't you buy a MacBook?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-3-Laptop-MC724LL-A-2-70GHz-i7-500GB-4GB-OS10-10-Yosemite-/182273941517?hash=item2a705fa00d:g:zDcAAOSw-4BXYG58&nma=true&si=AbiXaeBiY9oiTrqujgfr8u6MFPQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
ebay.com/itm/Great-Condition-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-2-0ghz-i7-QUAD-16gb-SSD-MC721LL-A-BUNDLE-/252531950799?hash=item3acc13c4cf:g:2zcAAOSwFnFWAfcW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are better alternatives for a less price with higher performance. MacBook uses outdated hardware. If you want OS X, you can make a hackintosh. These are facts.

fuck off macs suxxx shill

>I work at McDonald's

FTFY

I need a bigger screen and better specs.
Other manufacturers have better product for less money.

I have no use for a personal laptop.

You buy MacBook because you want to use OS X.

If you don't want to use OS X, there are plenty of other good options.

>I want a higher resolution screen
>I want a better processor
>I want more ram
>I want more ports

They are generally shit, I don't need OSX, also a financial analyst so a working version of Excel is necessary.

Plenty of reasons.

Speaking as a longtime MacBook Pro owner: If you don't already own one, don't buy one until the new redesigned model is finally announced.

Apple has really dropped the ball in keeping its Mac lineup current with Intel's hardware. I'm not asking for a complete overhaul every year, but how the fuck can they keep selling models with spinning hard disks, 4 GB of RAM, and non-Retina displays?

They're supposed to be the best desktop computers in the world and they're trying to compete on price with mid-range Windows OEMs. Seriously?!

>buy Macbook
>dual boot, or just install Windows

Holy shit, look, the best notebook ever.

you might need a more specialized laptop such as a toughbook for work, or you may really want a 17inch screen or you may need lots of storage and want a laptop with 2 drives so you can run an ssd and a 1tb drive

but a macbook that tripple boots windows and linux, is really fucking sweet, I love mine

I'm not a homosexual and those laptops are directed toward homosexuals so, yeah I ain't touching that gay shit.

they really preform well though, they don't use out of date hardware they are using the fastest hard drives in existence right now

I am getting nearly 2000mb/s reads and writes

literally no other company offers this right now

>out of date

sata is out of date, PCI BUS FOR LIFE

>you can't get excel on a mac

oh ok

thats not the x1 carbon

Pre windows 10, you'd be wrong, but unless you want to install gentoo on it, then the macshit is the best consumer out of box option right now.

>but how the fuck can they keep selling models with spinning hard disks, 4 GB of RAM, and non-Retina displays?

so don't buy that one

for people who just want to check their email that shit is fine,

they do make the best desktops in the world, their high end models

>I am getting nearly 2000mb/s reads and writes
Probably 1,400mb/s, I can't imagine anywhere near 2,000mb/s.

Feel free to post proof though, I would be glad to be wrong.

There are also laptops with M.2 SSDs that aren't Apple.

>desktops

laptops i mean

>or you may really want a 17inch screen
Killing the 17" Macbook was a tragedy.

>you will never see a 5k retina 17" Macbook

>Probably 1,400mb/s, I can't imagine anywhere near 2,000mb/s.

imagine it, I have a brand new 512 and I can do it when transferring files the 512 m.2 uses 2 more pci slots and is a little faster

point being they are not using outdated hardware as almost nobody even offers this

shit is blinding quick, it's like having a RAM hard drive

Other than the 5K/4K iMacs, their desktop models (Mac Pro, Mac mini, non-Retina iMac) are fucking garbage... and they're still priced the same as they were two or three years ago!

Because I don't need one?

Sup Forums - Consumerism

>Killing the 17" Macbook was a tragedy.

agree, it was a beast, i wish they made a real badass fuck you workstation class 17 right now, I would sell some shit and buy one

i don't like their desktops either, they dropped the ball there, ill give you that

they are ok for old people who just want an all in one but they are too expensive

they need to bring back the mac pro tower

>Is being poor the only reason not to buy a MacBook?
No, there's also the "I don't need a expensive toy" reason, and the "my current laptop still works" reason.

>They don't use out of date hardware.

If we're talking about the rMBP, the yes it does. It's using Intel's Haswell chips. Buying a rMBP right now is a retarded choice.

There is a much needed refresh rumored to be coming around in October, but for now, it's a horrible mistake to buy a rMBP.

If you *need* a laptop now, buy a Dell XPS.

>If we're talking about the rMBP, the yes it does. It's using Intel's Haswell chips. Buying a rMBP right now is a retarded choice.

well they are coming out with new shit like next month and you know it

I have a 2015 rmbp and it's the best laptop I have ever had, yes the processor refresh is coming, no i would not buy one "RIGHT NOW" unless I got a killer deal because the new rmbps are going to be $1600 but you can get one for like 1199 now

every company is "using outdated hardware" the day before they announce their new chipsets

anyway the m.2 drive in this fucker is amazing, you should try it, you would be hooked, its 3 to 4x as fast as a sata SSD the computer is highly optimized and it feels like butter when using it, really

Mac with Debian here. Best laptop I've ever had. I don't give a fuck if the components are soldered in because 15 hours of battery life and back lit keyboard. Also if you go into the Apple store with a bitch face they'll basically bend over for you and replace shit for free.

Again, the CPU and RAM is outdated, so you can just get one that's newer for

>they need to bring back the mac pro tower

Nah, they just need to refresh the new Mac Pros on a regular basis, and make sure there's a healthy ecosystem of external Thunderbolt-based hard disk and GPU enclosures.

from anecdotal evidence yes, that or thrifty/ cheap/ isolated from an applestore

Top Kek. Apple does have good service, that's for sure. Honestly, their UX is impeccable.

no you can't show me a sub 1000$ laptop that uses a non sata bus m.2

if it's not on the pcie bus it's just sata

Can't play BF2 on a MacBook

>Nah, they just need to refresh the new Mac Pros on a regular basis, and make sure there's a healthy ecosystem of external Thunderbolt-based hard disk and GPU enclosures.

i agree i just don't like that round form factor

Run windows on Mac. Problem solved

Go back to Sup Forums

They need to make the Pro compete with the other workstations, but they won't. Sad.

I thought poor people are the ones who purchase Apple products

I'm not a faggot like you OP.

I have manly hands and a heterosexual sense for aestethic.

Honestly, I'd love them to go back to that tower form factor and make it upgradable like a desktop pc. But that'll never happen. I just really love OSX.

they are too focused on light and thin and appealing to normalfags, i wish they made one badass model, although the 15 rmbp with the discrete gpu is pretty strong

but then you are pushing $3000

>Honestly, I'd love them to go back to that tower form factor and make it upgradable like a desktop pc. But that'll never happen. I just really love OSX.

I feel exactly this way

respect user

On the 12" MacBook? That would be the only Model that Interesse me as im traveling for work and I just want to watch movies and play some older Games after work.

>I thought poor people are the ones who purchase Apple products

?

naw, I make a pretty good wage and I got a dell inspiron 15 7559 because the bang for your buck is pretty much unrivaled in anything on the market today.

I could easily afford a macbook, but you dont get rich by blowing your money on pointless shit. Why would I pay twice as much for basically the same shit internally? How light it is and the trackpad basically mean shit to me because 99% of the time I'm using it on a desk in a hotel room with a mouse

dual boot it's easy

Not settling for the $2500 Retina 15" MBP

Poor fag.

That logic applies to literally anything you can buy. And a macbook hurting you financially doesn't mean you're poor, those things cost thousands.

Don't macbooks have high resale value?

>Is being poor the only reason not to buy a MacBook?

The unique and standard power connectors (magsafe and Type-C) meanwhile Win laptops always with cylindrical proprietary connectors.

Macs in general hold their value much, much better than Windows OEM computers.

The 15" needs a Xeon, ECC RAM, and Quadros or FirePros available. The 13" could have the weakest mobile Xeon as the top end and the midrange mobile workstation GPUs. That would be awesome.

its only worth it if you plan on treating it like an iphone and selling it for the new one every 1-1.5 years

>Don't macbooks have high resale value?

yes, I keep mine for about 3 years then get back 60%+ what i paid for it on ebay

nobody factors that in, you windows box is worth dick in 3 years, I have sold a macbook pro that was 4 years old for 800dollars

The difference is the competition has been selling Broadwell and Skylake PCs for over a year and Apple is still using haslel.

All because of a fruit logo. I LOVE YOU STEVE. I LOVE YOU!!!!

>its only worth it if you plan on treating it like an iphone and selling it for the new one every 1-1.5 years

I sold a 2011 13inch macbook pro for $550 just 2 months ago

after 5 years i got half my dad's money back

i use zbrush

a surfacebook is better for me

why should i get a macbook + wacom tablet instead?

Does that shit even have pressure sensitivity? Honestly for anything 3D, i'd rather use Windows, and I'm a fucking mac fag.

>The difference is the competition has been selling Broadwell and Skylake PCs for over a year and Apple is still using haslel.

the horror, the new shit is coming out

mine works fine, i aint even mad, it's the m.2 hd baby, fuck the processor which has the same ghz as 10 years ago and that goes for every maker

would you rather go from 2.4 ghz to 2.7 or have your hdd replaced with a fast ssd?

well the m.2 is a 1500mb/s+ fast pcie ssd

i have a 2011 macbook pro 15", it cost $2300 when i bought it and i then put a 500 gig evo 840 and 16 gigs of ram into it, id be lucky to get $500.

i also spent extra on the matte display

yeah it goes up to 1024 levels i think, which is more than enough for what i'd be using it for. i have a huion for my desktop if i need additional details that i just upload to my owncloud or google drive.

5 years old 4gb ram, slow hard drive:
ebay.com/itm/Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-3-Laptop-MC724LL-A-2-70GHz-i7-500GB-4GB-OS10-10-Yosemite-/182273941517?hash=item2a705fa00d:g:zDcAAOSw-4BXYG58&nma=true&si=AbiXaeBiY9oiTrqujgfr8u6MFPQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and you get half your money back

>i have a 2011 macbook pro 15", it cost $2300 when i bought it and i then put a 500 gig evo 840 and 16 gigs of ram into it, id be lucky to get $500.

try $900 or more with the evo
ebay.com/itm/Great-Condition-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-2-0ghz-i7-QUAD-16gb-SSD-MC721LL-A-BUNDLE-/252531950799?hash=item3acc13c4cf:g:2zcAAOSwFnFWAfcW

You could get at least a grand on eBay for that. The lack of Retina is admittedly a sore point for you.

Don't settle for the local cheapskates on Craigslist.

Damn that's cool. I never tried a surface before, but I quickly tried an iPad Pro at an apple store with the apple pencil and I was impressed that it had a sort of pressure sensitivity. Great to know the surface has such a thing as well. A portable, digital sketchpad is a really awesome concept.

>would you rather have something that only bears on the time a file takes to load or would you rather have something that bears heavily on the time it takes to render a CPU intense file

If all you need is 0 load times then put an SSD in a think pad, hell, put them in RAID 0.

yeah. i personally like it for the dedicated gpu aspect as well which helps for doing finer shit but at the end of the day it's more for the ssd+ram specs it throws out.

well considering the battery has 1100 cycles on it and only gets like 4.5 hours, not for me.

if i could buy a genuine apple battery i would, all of the $50 bullshit replacements look like garbage

>If all you need is 0 load times then put an SSD in a think pad, hell, put them in RAID 0.

and get half the perfromance, a worse screen no OSX, shit resale value etc...

nah im good

you sound kind of bitter man, hunt down a battery and sell that fucker, someone must sell one that works ok

fact is that specific model is going for $1000 on ebay

My Macbook Pro has 280 charge cycles. So when will it get to the point where the battery can't hold a charge worth shit? Around 1000? Or will it still be usable even after that? Like seriously, I have a shitty HP netbook from 2010, and the battery is literally dead. DEAD. If it gets unplugged, the computer shuts off. Can this happen with my MBP?

>Well they are coming out with new shit like next month and you know it.

Yes, which is why I stated that in my post - >Me: There is a much needed refreshed rumored to be coming around in October.

Why did you repeat yourself so needlessly?

>every company is using 'outdated hardware'

That statement is an argument of semantics, but either way, even if you're 'right' in this case. There is a very large difference in using a Skylake processor as opposed to a fucking Haswell processor.

Moving on to your next post..

>fuck the processor it got the same ghz.

I'd advise you to stop talking about things you obviously have no clue about. Much like how a camera's performance isn't limited to how many megapixels it has, a processor is not limited to what it's clock speed is. Even barring the notion of performance, more modern processors are more energy efficient, which plays a substantial role for a laptop.

Should I install Linux on my MacBook Air? Is it even worth?

yes but apple can put in a new battery at your local friendly genius bar

Worse performance in what regard? The performance is determined by the specs. A similarity specced think pad will run you a lot less than a MBP.

You can buy replacement screens or upgrade to a higher resolution one with most think pads.

>OSX
Who cares unless the software you need is proprietary

>shit resell value
The money you saved not buying a MBP is drastically more than the money you'll get back from selling the MBP.

dual boot it and see if you like it, why not

>Can this happen with my MBP.

It will take a while. But essentially, yes.

>The money you saved not buying a MBP is drastically more than the money you'll get back from selling the MBP.

not always

So the genius's are like my personal slaves, like the black man to the white man.

The Macbook Pro hasn't been updated in forever and OSX is trash.

exactly

>OSX is trash.

but no

Terrifying. Honestly, that's the only thing stopping me from installing Xbuntu or some shit on that crappy old netbook. No stable solid power connection, easily gets unplugged from the netbook itself. Pretty annoying.

This is just the reality of Lithium-Ion batteries, not so much any particular manufacturer.

It's a bad linux. If you want to use a linux you can do that for free.

all rechargeable batteries crap out eventually, the idea we can recharge them 1000+ times before they do is really amazing

The only people who say this are the ones that don't know how to fully use the operating system. Seriously, how OSX handles files in finder, from mission control, to multiple desktop viewports on a single screen. it's all worth while imo.

>It's a bad linux.

lol

>mfw just ordered the $2500 model Macbook Pro
feels good senpai

I know that "bad linux" is redundant but that's how bad OSX is.

I believe all Linux distros don't run adobe programs, and other important professional software. I need my sketch and affinity designer m8. Hell even Photoshop and Illustrator are useful as fuck. Linux doesn't have that.

>you just ordered a $2500 laptop with 3-year old hardware when a refreshed Macbook Pro is going to be announced next month.

You fucked up hard senpai.

Dear god you idiot. They gonna come out with a new one this year. Top kek. Unless it was required for a college course, but still, you fucked up

My college gave me a discount on it when I decided to buy a laptop for the semester.

Also came with wireless beats for free, which is a nice touch.

I feel that they are really solid devices for the things that their intended to do but are restricted in terms of how many things they can actually do. People are really just intimidated by the price because you can get more for your money on a PC though the quality wont be the same

must be trolling

>Also came with wireless beats for free, which is a nice touch.

come on man

Why would you want to run an OS that does all those things slowly as OSX. Do you use bootcamp or something