The Zen dream

what are you expectin of this new tech?
Here is my question, should I wait to end of year to see the benchmarks of the architecture AM4, or I should go to the classic I5 6600.

Do you need an upgrade right now? Then don't wait.

Personally I'm waiting for zen. If it's anywhere near as good as they claim it is, then I'll probably bite. Mostly because I don't want to feed the intel jew and my i7 920 is not as snappy as it used to be. Anyway the point is that it's not going to be some revolutionary new architecture that will wipe the floor with current processors.

The problem is I don't have a PC for gaming since half an year, and if i want to build a new one for the new processor i must wait to the motherboards AM4 tech compatible

And in my contry new tech takes another year to arrive because reasosn...

Zen competes with i5s in the semi budget category.
Which ever one preforms better, just get that cpu(within ur price range)

40% average IPC uplift over Excavator
Nehalem to Ivy Bridge performance per clock on average
8 core Summit Ridge will compete somewhat well vs Haswell-E in most things sans FPU heavy workloads
It might reach Broadwell IPC in a select few ops as shown in the best case scenario Blender demo
Same power per clock as Excavator, about 10w per core for a 3.2ghz clock

This is good answer.

>Zen Competes with i5
>AMD said Zen isnt a budget processor
>AMD shows it up against a Broadwell-E

ok.

I'm only really hoping for a modern 4c/8t or even 6c/12t CPU with an inbuilt GPU as powerful as a GTX 750ti / R7 260. That satisfies most of my graphical needs completely, so I can afford a cooler, lower-powered desktop alltogether.

Well Raven Ridge is only 4c/8t, and its IGP is 12 4th gen GCN CU.
Still no word on use of HBM though.

Sup Forums - Video Game Technology
will judge it solely by its ability to run proprietary video game benchmarks on proprietary operating systems compiled with proprietary compilers
as if that's all there is in the Universe.
Over 9000 """AAA""" childish video game """benchmarks""" will be posted every day by people who never even wrote a single line of code.

They said the bulldozer was a i7 beater comparing it to other high-end Intel CPUs
When it was slower than the older AMd 6 cores

>They said the bulldozer was a i7 beater
They didn't say that, and they compared the FX 8150 to a high end intel chip only in a specific int heavy workload.
The 8150 was faster than the X6 1100T in multithreaded workloads, it was slower in more serial things, but AMD was explicit about there being a performance regression.

Honestly I hope Zen is great just because competition is a win for us consumers. My 4770 is nearly as fast as the new hot shit i7s that just came out and it's 3 years old.

The CPU market needs some urgency and competition.

You are going to be able to keep that i7 4770K for a very, very long time unless you want more threads for encoding.

If its priced well, and it achieves around HW-E performance I intend on getting the 8C version to replace my SB-E Xeon.

I'm expecting nothing. I hope for Corei5 levels. I'll probably find out its actually overheating garbage.

I wish they could not be shit tier though. I'd like some competition..but you gotta love that bullshit x86 license. GG USA nice "capitalism"

will Zen be as good as my 2500k4.4 but support DDR4 and new features (PCIE 3.0, M.2, SATA-E, etc)?

i need to know if i should wait for Zen or just go full jew and buy the 6700k.

Sup Forums isn't just about riced out arch/i3 desktops and Richard stallman you fag

Nobody knows. We can only guess and my guess is that it'll probably be a little better in some cases, worse in some others.

They're aiming for Haswell-E, not mainstream i5s and i7s.

noone buys i3's

> I hope Zen is great just because competition is a win for us consumers
>The CPU market needs some urgency and competition.
This.

Actually i3 usually have better single core performance than most i5 or i7s but only two cores. Most game devs are incompetent as fuck and can't into parallelism.

I expect the top model will lose to any i5.

i3, the hipster window manager
not i3, the CPU

You waited this long, might as well wait for kabby lake zen in a couple months

I'm planning on updating my 8350 build with a Zen FX. Looking forward to the nice upgrade in speed.

I mean if thats the case they probably would have already went bankrupt. My guess is it's gonna be on par with haswell IPC wise.

>will lose to any i5.
*** in selected proprietary video game benchmarks and "CineBench", the benchmark of a proprietary 3D program that virtually no one actually uses

>Still using 2500K
>Nothing worth upgrading for general use/gaming
Best CPU ever, even better than the Q6600.

I'll buy the highest end Zen CPU on day 1, replacing my AMD FX-6300, continuing my long tradition of buying AMD CPUs :)