Recently got a new job where I'm in my car all day...

Recently got a new job where I'm in my car all day. What's the best setup for an in-car laptop or tablet so I can watch netflix and browse the web etc?

Drive safely user

Enjoy your ass cancer and hip+back pain

What job besides cops or armored truck guards use computers in the vehicles?

Insurance agent, CIA, fbi.

>Recently got a new job where I'm in my car all day
uber driver
job

lmao

otr semitruck driver

where's the gear box ?

Pretty much any sales rep. Getting emails and info out during the day not only makes customers happier but also cuts down on the bullshit you have to do when you get home. If you can do it during the day during business hours, i.e. company time, you should. In the long run it helps to keep home time and work time segregated.

It's on the steering wheel, just like a truck.

>sales rep
I am so sorry user

thinkpad X-series and a set up like OPs pic

reponut

>tfw no car battlestation

why even live?

Don't be man. I love it. Customers are great to work with. It's not repetitive since I mostly do account management and even high level stuff like joint business plan. I get outside all the time. Play golf twice a month with one customer, company pays for it all. $100k+ a year most years. Host customer events all the time that are fun. If you hate travel then yeah, you'd be in hell but many people also hate being in a cubicle.

14 replies and only one person is able to stay on topic reminded me why I don't come here anymore.
Thanks I prob will end up doing this

The 100k is salary or bonusses/commission included?

$70k is salary and commission is on all sales. Worst year was $25k in commission(2011, myfirst year). Since then I've stayed between $35-50k in commission. I don't pay for gas ever either and get $300/month for using my personal vehicle.

Former repossession agent here, I spent 10+ hours a day in my truck, even had a printer installed in there

Mounting: Ram mount laptop mounts are by far the best, they're expensive but worth every penny. Also get the additional screen support attachment so it doesn't bounce all over when you hit bumps

Power: Power inverter hooked directly to the battery with a fuse-able link similar to what you have with good amps

Internet: Dedicated usb data card/laptop with built in LTE works best. You can use tethering with a capable phone but it doesn't work as well.

Laptop/Tablet: Doesn't matter really, as long as it works

Sound: A head unit with a 3.5mm jack is great too for having the sound hooked into the car audio

Nice, been thinking about going Finance (aiming for the high end sectors like Hedge Funds) or sales (but combining it with my own business). Ever read Zig Ziglar - Secrets of closing the sale?

Used two tablets while driving a tow truck. Would have loved to have a laptop replace one of the tablets though. Would have made downtime more enjoyable.

For the Ram mount did you use just a normal laptop? I've got a Thinkpad and have been wanting to get one but iirc they look like they're made for Toshiba toughbooks.

>What's the best setup for

1) place the muzzle of the gun in your mouth

2) make sure it's pointed through the roof of your mouth to exit at the point on the back of your head

3) slowly and firmly apply sufficient pressure to trigger to discharge the weapon

4) try not to flinch; it's really embarrassing to survive and have to listen to children crying and women screaming in horror when you go out in public

>a 3.5mm jack is great

Deprecated.

Get off the Interwebs, grandpa. You're causing a traffic jam.

Yeah, an old, heavy 17" viao. A Thinkpad should be fine, depending on the model Ram Mount you get. Make sure it's the spring loaded adjustable tray.

>meme'd into upgrading hardware for no reason

Never

Aaah I want one but they're $279.

I was wondering how much wear and tear can the laptops (consumer models vs. business laptops vs. toughbooks) take if you have it inside the car/truck daily for several years?

I would imagine that the shocks / vibration (bumps, holes etc. on the road) would build up and cause some wear overtime.

I'm posting on the same laptop right now. It's a viao from like 2008, still works fine

Newer laptops on the lower end might not do as well though. I'd go with a Thinkpad (I think they're milspec) or something like it.

It all comes down to the quality of the laptop mount itself. Especially with the screen/lid support.

Thinkpad x60s

>s
isnt that the undervolted one?
how is performance compared to the normal X60?

dat 4:3 tho