Why does /sci/ bully us?

why does /sci/ bully us?

Other urls found in this thread:

4chandata.org/sci/PremedsGet-out-of-my-biology-class-premed-scum-Will-this-be-on-the-testDo-we-have-to-know-this-a207154
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because /sci/ thinks it's the genius no fun allowed board when it's only just above average intelligence like most blue boards

they're angry that code monkeys make more money than them

Apparently because they're not smart enough to realize that CS != programming/ IT.

It's really hard to take /sci/ seriously with it's at least three daily IQ threads. Stay on Sup Forums and actually do stuff.

why don't they shit on medical students?

Damn. That's fucking sad.

I don't know much about CS, but I know that it's not simply programming and being an IT guy.

Is coding the same as programming?

Regardless, coding is part of CS, isn't it?

They have to think they're smart so they have shit on everyone else, they need to feel superior.

>Regardless, coding is part of CS, isn't it?
Not really. That's like saying telescopes are part of astronomy. It's just a tool.

They do

i have never witnessed it. I would like to know what they say. I also despise the chads and stacies of med school.

In most fields of CS programming is only really done as a tool to explore the topic you are actually interested in, whether it be algorithms, computer vision, artificial intelligence, etc. There is a field of CS called programming language theory, but that's still not about coding, its about what a programming language is.

We scared off all the premed students long ago
4chandata.org/sci/PremedsGet-out-of-my-biology-class-premed-scum-Will-this-be-on-the-testDo-we-have-to-know-this-a207154

They hate us because there's actual people posting on Sup Forums.

>us

that aside it's largely because to be good at CS require some creative thinking

Because /sci/ is a terrible board.
I'm a mathfag myself but I prefer browsing Sup Forums so I won't have to see 34 IQ/homework threads a day.

Its hard to take a board seriously when it have atleast 10-15 IQ threads
Also this

Who is this semen demon?

I think it's the main character from "Crypt of the Necrodancer"

CS steals little things from here and there from mathematics. They do 1 or 2 equations and suddenly they act like they've learned a new fundamental truth of the universe. They're super obsessed with this complexity zoo, but don't have any hard and fast proofs to actually describe the edges or categories of it.

For example Quantum Computing reduces BQP-Space to P-Space. But BQP-Space includes NP-Space. But all NP-Space problems can be mapped to one another. So what is the division between BQP and NP? We don't know. Also what is the different between P-Space and NP-Space? We don't know. So what is Quantum Computing a big break though? We don't know.

Computer Science is a dumb field that evolved out of recursion. Mathematicians figured out how to deal with recursion in the 16th century with limits. Some equations don't have limits, they expand to infinity i.e.: these functions don't exit. It isn't that fucking complex. Why did are we building a full academic field around this exploration?

As a /sci/ regular I don't really get the IQ thread hate, I don't even notice them that much and in any case you can just scroll past them.

Generally speaking, scientific academia is extremely pretentious, but CS is a joke by its own merit because as an actual discipline is almost no longer taught. Now people are told how to make gooey interfaces in NetBeans so they can be code monkeys.

Its the first time I'm seeing a degreeist.This is some next level autism.

Pure science fags hate applied science fags, simple as that.

have you ever taken a math class? or read anything about math?

/sci/ here, we know what CS v SE v IT are and CS is still pathetic. Stop using that deflection.

Oh gee I sure do wonder what Sup Forums might have that /sci/ doesn't.

>checked
Where did you get that data?

I got it from NEET.
It was the first good result on google, you know that useful search engine you've probably heard of? Maybe you should try it out.

>4chandata.org/sci/PremedsGet-out-of-my-biology-class-premed-scum-Will-this-be-on-the-testDo-we-have-to-know-this-a207154
thats weak shit nigga

>we

?

where are Linguistics?

You are on a goddamn programming board

Get it yourself m808

Because it's not really science.

If that were truly the case then you would understand it would be nonsensical to praise pure mathematics whilst simultaneously calling CS pathetic, when the two are literally the same field.

They hate us cause they anus

But it is mathematics.

wew lad

/sci/ is the kind of place full of pseudo intellectuals that actually have barely above average intelligence but spend their days trying to feel smart. They hate everyone who can make use of their intelligence and make something with it.

Program termination becomes really difficult when you want static termination analisys and the determination of the initial state conditions bringing to termination/non termination without falling in recursive demonstrations.

Things become even more complex when trying to find a convergence for interacting agents.

Of course it can be seen as a derivative field from algebra and others, but its application on actual iterative/declarative programming is a very young, unexplored field.

Addendum: in the uni I attended, Quantum Computing is a course in the Physics degree, not Computer Science.

Because /sci/ is a board full of redditors who lost their fedora and aren't allowed anymore on reddit.

>recursion is solved
Brainlet detected

Success breeds jealousy.

Are you sure you're not talking about Sup Forums?

currently studying bachelors in computer science. We were taught all the shit on the left on our first year. Are we not supposed to be studying that?

Sup Forums is to /sci/ as Sup Forums is to Sup Forums

*most of it

What are their sources for this?

so like this shithole of a board with people who don't know how to program

Fuck I've been looking for this for ages, thx m8

sci is much worse though.
Also, this board isn't all about programming too, you don't have to be good at it or even know about it to browse Sup Forums

So not knowing something makes a field worthless? There are unanswered questions in all fields. This point seems pretty asinine.

>Computer Science is a dumb field that evolved out of recursion. Mathematicians figured out how to deal with recursion in the 16th century with limits

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Yes, limits are used in a lot of runtime proofs, etc. Obviously knowing the runtime of an algorithm is important -- are you suggesting otherwise? Have you ever taken a computational theory class?

Nah, that's a sign of a good institution

>Maths Grads
>not 300k starting
Am I getting meme'd?

>CS is "dunce" tier
>I was required to take everything they listed for my CS degree

Sup Forums is a normie board
/sci/ I don't know

What type of jobs require only a math degree? Honest question.

>Odinary
At least we don't make spelling mistakes

>Sup Forums
>not using an adlocker
/sci/ confirmed idiots

>Blocking Sup Forums ads
Wow look at this faggot.

>Maths Only
>Getting any job at all
Am I getting meme'd?

Few jobs require a math degree, but there are many jobs where having strong technical and problem solving skill, as well as some business knowledge, is a great asset. In this regard mathematics can be one of the most versatile undergraduate degrees, if you play your cards right.

A few jobs that I can think of where mathematicians tend to do well are actuarial work, auditing, and supply chain management.

Suck your goomoot dick there

Did you read that?
>Only a math degree
Tell me jobs that I will get with just a math degree without attending any other course

>This service I use regularly has non-obtrusive adverts on it in order to pay for server costs. Better block those!

>Sup Forums
>service

>Sup Forums ads
>non-obtrusive

because they want to be us

chan
>>service

chan ads
>>non-obtrusive

Yes
Now why don't you go back to your dead board and stay there.

Sup Forums

In the OP they aren't talking about Sup Forums, they are talking about CS.

It's just shitposting

interesting study tool but not a discussion service per se

math prof

Every board is just shitposting.

Here,you have to atleast,finish MS and an additional 'Bachelor of Education degree to be a Maths professor.
If you say Maths tutor then maybe yes

Oh and thats High school level,lets not even talk about actual professors in collages.

yes 300k starting literally anyjob I want is a meme

Don't you need an additional B.Ed for being even a teacher?

At a college? No.

highschool tutors

In collage ,atleast here you have to do an additional MS

See

tutors aren't teachers

I hate to use the SJW vernacular, but /sci/ is probably one of the most 'toxic' boards on Sup Forums.

They can hardly hold a conversation without everyone screaming what an idiot the other person is because they are so much smarter, and routinely rip the shit out of everyone else in the scientific community because they are the smartest but their genius is unappreciated.

BS like that.

I don't think they will get you 300k

>tfw engineering major
Feels good.

This tbqf

The same reason they hate on Engineers, Business/Economic majors, Ag/Bio-resources, and most other non-STEM disciplines. Your typical STEM discipline is very closed off from the common man, delving into very abstract and specific areas of interest within their respective discipline, which is far removed from being of any use to the "common folk" (ie non-stem "intellectuals"). The only point that their work actually becomes useful (99% of the time) is when an Engineer, Comp Sci, or Business major take it and do something with it to create a product/service. The STEMers hate that their work is only recognized when it becomes useful to the masses, and prefer to have their "genius" only accessible to their respected peers, seeking approval from those they deem more intelligent. So basically, STEM is closed off and likes it that way (it helps justify their belief of being superior), and that means they naturally disdain other disciplines that interact more directly with the masses/average IQers. In the STEM's perfect world there is a distinct dividing line between the higher educated intellectuals and the masses who labor and serve beneath them, thereby fulfilling their need to be special snowflake intellects. This need to be seen as an intellect that is above the rest is present because they lack other avenues of fulfillment present in other disciplines. CompSci, Engineering, and Business grads are needed in industry and can more easily adapt their skills to provide needed/wanted services/products. Fulfillment and justification of their time spent learning is far more accessible because there are more ways to achieve it than with a STEM grad. Therefore, the STEM grad is a sour little terd who needs to always act as the intellect.

STEM disciplines, on their own, are being largely phased out though, instead being replaced by cross discipline. CompSci paired with a STEM is of far more importance and usefulness than just a STEM (ie just a Math or Physics major).

make one with /diy/

>talks about STEM being separate from Engineering and CompSci
What am i reading?

Well CS is mostly simple mathematics, logic, computability and linguistics. Also some CS focuses on not-so-advanced optimization and stochastic theory. Regardless, everything they learn is useless unless they can't implement it, thus coding is a big part of getting gud in CS, since some algos are really hard to implement and you have to be quite a proficient programmer to do so, or, if you continue to do research then programming is only, in most cases, something you can choose to do, however not necessary.

Though the main critique comes from that most of the CS denizens decide to become regular code monkeys since they can't into rigorous fields for shit. However I've met some pretty smart CS researches who are lightyears beyond all the critique CS as a field is getting.

PS Smartest mathematician in my school (top 5 in country) is interested in CS and all it entails, and what he does is very complex, even in terms of mathematics.

t. mathematician with respect for CS as a field, not most of the people.

Who do you think goes on /sci/? It's not exclusively post docs. Yeah there are a lot of physics and chemistry undergrads, but engineers and people studying IT/CS are a major part of the demographic.

Actually, dude, engineers are totally gay, but so is /sci/ and they are just trying to get with the qt engineers.

I would know.

Engineering and CompSci are derivatives of STEM disciplines (ie they utilize Physics, Math, Chemistry, Bio) but are not themselves full STEM. It would be like calling Business a STEM because it uses Math.

I get that many Engineer (they usually think themselves Kings of the sci disciplines) grads/undergrads frequent /sci/ and consider themselves part of the STEM area. It is only true for about 5% or less though. The rest are a bunch of moron Engineer undergrads who still don't understand what "engineering" actually entails. The minority though is made up mostly of the Engineer grads who have gone on to specialize (through experience, masters, or phd) in an area that isn't "designing" (more like trusting in software) basic roads, building foundations, utilities, etc. Anyone from CompSci who frequents /sci/ and also counts themselves superior to Sup Forums are trolls or mentally retarded.

>Engineering is not part of Science Technology Engineering and Math

what does STEM stand for you fucking idiot

/sci/ is to x as y is to Sup Forums
what are x and y then?

/sci/ is an engineers board

Lol

>The rest are a bunch of moron Engineer undergrads who still don't understand what "engineering" actually entails
No the rest of the bunch are teenagers and kids who just tried an online IQ test(60%) and those who come seeking for homework help(35%)
Only that 5% of engineers include people wjho know about science

STEM
SCIENCE
TECHNOLOGY
ENGINEERING
MATH
RETARD