Stupid mistakes you've made and learned from

Stupid mistakes you've made and learned from

>Tried to extend a partition backwards

Tried to make a RAID array with an existing drive and no backup

Didn't install gentoo.

Don't have three different Windows versions on one drive.

Also, don't set your PSU to 115w when it's meant to be on 230w, RIP.

Tried to install gentoo.

Tried to treat other people as though they were fully capable of self governance without acknowledging that realistically the capacity for self regulation and modulation of one's state is extremely limited and unnecessarily fatiguing.

I had to admit after years that not even I was capable of living that way. I had only learned to manage, which relative to one's environment is closer to the relationship between a master and a slave.

Installed Day of Defeat using the install file from one computer and then pointing the install folder on another computer from the network.

Network was dodgy and slow, this was over 10 years ago. Ended up with something that could launch but somehow had removed the recoil from the m1 garand.

I've done this in Server-bay...PUFF !
6 Servers went down due to Power-outage.

>115w
>w
That's voltage, not watts, user. Which is why you had problems...

>nforce chipsets work fine and dandy with ATI cards.

I was incredibly suspicious of some sort of incompatibility when I built that rig a million years ago.

>never shove weights up your ass (and don't use any kind of oils for lube)
>don't use superglue to glue your urethra
>never use glass bottles as dildos

I was fucking insane during my teens.

Ive done this plenty of times, what's the problem?

>>never use glass bottles as dildos
Brings that gif to mind.

That man will never be right again. Probably ravaged his prostate in a way he certainly didn't want. Then the subsequent risk of fistulas and sepsis outright.

The only slightly risky thing I put up my ass was the handle of a butter knife.

Fixing peoples PCs I've made more mistakes than I can count

People will forget everything you teach them
Get really good at cracking any type of password
Don't try to fix a tramp's tar-covered computer

>used duster can upside down
>blew cold watery humidified air into computer parts
>fucked up the computer from inside out

yup........ and i had an IT degree with A+ Cert. This is why i trust nobody, not even myself.

That's what you get for having it powered.

Lmao

I did this at a guy's house, took the money and ran

I assume it was OK because he never called again

first you change the firewall-rules, then you change the IP of the firewall.

Plugged a Macintosh monitor into a PC's game port

>had

kek'd

>tfw in the States if you fuck with the PSU switch it just won't turn on till you reset the switch to 115V
Feels good

What happens?

Port melted all over the monitor's pins, lost my sound card and my monitor.

Also I told my dad I needed a new monitor so he tossed the computer.

lucky burger

I'm imagining an angry asshole with a knife, like something you'd see from adultswim

Bought an expensive LGA 2011 motherboard with narrow ILM mounting brackets and an expensive pair of CPU coolers with wide ILM mounting brackets.

>>don't use superglue to glue your urethra
Why would you ever think this is a good idea? What happened next?

Don't run “tcpdump eth0” over ssh

If you're changing network settings; always run it as something like “cp /etc/network-settings.new /etc/network-settings; restart networking; sleep 30; cp /etc/network-settings.old /etc/network-settings; restart networking”.

If it works, you can ^C the sleep. If it doesn't, you haven't locked yourself out. Valuable lesson learned.

Also, know and understand how to log in to your server via the service processor. Can save you a trip to the server room in case you mess something up.

I did it to spice up my fapping - I was feeling very horny then, and gluing my urethra shut gave me an odd sense of thrill.

I fapped, and then I ejaculated, but the semen didn't leave. It was stuck in my urethra. Later, when I felt like pissing, the piss couldn't quite leave the urethra, too. I had to do some weird massage to my dick to loosen up the glue.

My relatives called me at one point, and they asked me to be ready to go in front of the house in 5 minutes. I went mad - I shook my dick, I squeezed it, stretched it. Nothing. 2 minutes were left. I squeezed with all my force, and the combination of semen and piss burst out like a volcano, and then it hit the toilet.

I quickly cleaned my dick, put on some clothes and left.

Then, when I came back home, I grabbed a q-tip, doused it in medical alcohol, and shoved it in and out in the urethra, trying to clean my cock better, and to loosen any remains.

Lately I bought 2 mini sas reverse breakout cables when I should have bought forward cables.

uninstalled gentoo

>those seemengly unncessary files in the Windows directory that use up too much space so I can't install that cool game aren't unncessary at all
had to reinstall windows98

tips fedora

I was with you up until that qtip part.

You'd think after Bible Black that shit wouldn't affect me anyome.