Why haven't you joined the /punkt/ master race?

Why haven't you joined the /punkt/ master race?

Because I'm not a shut-in autist trying to be cyberpunk

I don't need a calculator user

My Galaxy already has a calculator built in

this. a phone named "punkt" sounds like it's trying to be edgy. i can understand a person going through that as a phase of their life, but having a phone in that phase of adolescence would be pretty embarrassing.

if i could get an unbranded one, then that'd be a different story. then the story would be about making a conscious decision to get a less versatile device for reasons that are unclear to me

>punkt phone
>$340
>credit card phone that's essentially the same but looks better from aliexpress
>$11
>who's really getting punkt here

Man, that shit ain't old looking.

You want the brick if you want old school.

Pic related

I just bought this for a third of the price to replace my G3. I've had nothing but Android phones since the Google G1 first came out and am tired of them.

Phone bill is going to be about $32 a month from ATT, down to just over a $100 with Sprint.

$250
Hahahaha no.

Because all the 3310's I have lying around still work great.

>a phone named "punkt" sounds like it's trying to be edgy
It literally just means dot.

Then why isn't it just named "Dot"?

Because it's made in Austria where they speak German, dummy.

John's Phone

No QWERTY keyboard and I'm assuming it can't function as a 4G hotspot.

It has a compartment to store your phone book in.

Why not buy a cheap Nokia dumbphone instead of giving $250 (the price of a good smartphone) to some hipster faglord.
Nokia dumbphones have great design too.
inb4 a calculator is too much to have on a phone

This is like vinyl, but even worse.

This phone book still works when the battery dies or in an electrical storm.

I stand by my reaction image.

What are you going to call with when the battery dies, or in an electrical storm?

Do smartphones with real buttons exist? I like Android and its 'apps' but loathe touchscreens.

Phone booth.

Landline

You're just going to happen to be near the three functional phone booths left in the world when your phone dies and you need to call someone?

Oh man it looks like those non functional remotes that comes with bundled with chink shit

Someone else's phone? Are you dumb?

Yes

Thanks autist, such as?

BlackBerries

Then keep a fucking personal contacts book in your pocket instead of buying a fucking memephone, retard.

But where do you store the personal contacts book?
I just store it in my phone.

overpriced hipster trash
this one really takes top spot tho
>20-year Motorola
>looks like a child has painted it
>250€

Hm the priv actually looks good. Exactly what I want. Thanks friend.

Anyone know a dumbphone that has gps navigation?

Ill kill myself before I spend more than 50 bucks on a phone. Your question was just incredibly stupid.

Iphone 7

Why must you do this to the god-king of phones

why

I blame the sjw's

>not speaking German

It's 2G only.

>not using a mobile rotary phone
It's only $150

If you have problem wasting too much time on smartphone just get small data plan like 250mb, you'll still be able to use maps, mail, keep or whatever but will also severely limit your time wasting habits.

It also really helps to have phone that is not very comfy to use.

No, but I just picked up a TomTom from Best Buy for $85. The good thing about GPS devices is that they work without any data connection.

I prefer a dock.
Best of both worlds.

BUY A FUCKING NOKIA DUMBPHONE YOU ABSOLUTE RETARD, THEY'RE LESS THAN $50 AND HAVE BUILT-IN CONTACTS.

>BUILT-IN CONTACTS.
Won't work when the battery dies or during an electrical storm

$15 unlocked on Amazon

Why don't we put modern circuits in a 1980s cell phone and a shitload of LiPo batteries?
It would last for a YEAR

>other languages are edgy

punkt means "a dot" or a "place"

how are those even mobile you'd have to have some pretty large pockets to keep those with you on the go

This and plenty others.

Tool belt

>hey this looks nice
>check price
>$340
Who's actually retarded enough for such a phone ?

Why doesn't anyone make a smartphone in dumbphone package? At that size you can easily have massive battery life (also due to small screen), nice camera, wifi & 4g, sd, waterproof.... The engineering part would be easy as fuck comparing to other phones, and I believe the consumer base would be there (especially for people older than 30).

>implying I don't already have a 20 euro Motorola flip phone

Calm your tits autism

Does not work any more on modern networks. It'll log to network but sporadically lose signal.

Japan

I think the Blackberry Classic is the best merge of oldschool phones and smartphones on the market.

I'd get something like that if I could tether my tablet to it.

>Best of both worlds
>iphone
lmao

Nokia 130

one of the few dumb phones with a micro-USB port
~25 EUR

Its the GSM model, we still have great 900mhz coverage in england, it works everywhere.

This cell phone is for business men. I´m not one of them.

Yeah I know but it won't work reliably, I tried using it.

900mhz band is much wider now than before and startac is missing many channels from it.

It'll log to network just fine but you'll be unreachable most of the time.

>only want talk and text
>want a good looking phone
>have lots of money

It's equivalent in price to a smartphone. So if you have $350 to spend on a smartphone but decide you don't want anything to do with data, there's no reason not to buy it if you like it.

>being this poor

I want a "dumb phone" that's actually built with decent materials, instead of cheap plastic in front of the LCD that will scratch immediately.
Glass protected monochrome OLED screen, nice tactile buttons, Thinkpad style reinforced chassis, the most power efficient SoC and the biggest battery it can fit.
If my old Nokia 1110 could last 3 weeks on a puny 700mAh battery a modern equivalent should easily fit a 2000mAh battery and last a couple of months.
Also two SIM slots, one full sized and one micro or whatever the current most popular standard is called.

You pronounce the u like the u in you

>living in a country without 2G

The US is autistic for shutting down the global standard in cell networks.

Nokia 130 Dual SIM

>wanting to be reachable

Who wants people calling them all the time? Especially with a phone like that

This. Sold few last week . I was kinda surprise to see a USB port . They are way cheaper than Doro phones .

But they do, they being the Japanese and the Koreans.

>using your phone to make calls
Go to bed, gramps.

Is dis the birth of an epin new meem?

please get out

Wow, a flip phone actually seems really appealing rn

>Muh StatusSymbolPhone

APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP APP

A jitterbug that isnt a jitterbug... interesting.

Because I have an "Obamaphone." It has nothing to do with Obama btw. It's just a cheap phone that's offered as welfare to people based on income and financial status. Basically for poor people.
>I'm a college student with over $50,000 in student loan debt

You probably have disdain for the word 'welfare,' just know that those grants and student loans you got are also welfare. The government doesn't have to give that to you even, it's government welfare too. Post-high school education should free.

Anyway, the free tracfone and the completely free service every month was all given by the government to use as a surveillance device that tracks my location with GPS, and all communications made through the phone. I also have reason to believe there's a hidden signal receiver embedded into the phone's hardware that can communicate with other external programmable electronics such as computers, smartphones so that they can basically have comprehensive surveillance of me.

>Thanks Obama
>Thanks Bush

The contemporary advanced surveillance Police States of America could have only been created through cooperation between both political parties, both the left and the right. While you engage in political theater of left vs right, the political pendulum has been increasingly swinging in favor of authoritarianism/statism in the authoritarian vs libertarian political spectrum which you have ignored. This is proved true through leaks of mass surveillance practices by federal agencies and now local law enforcement departments in cooperation with three letter agencies.

This thread will strangely 404 because no one will reply due to his post.

Sometimes i question the sanity of this board, I want a "dumb phone" how much of a fucking hipster are you to like things like this

or when the battery dies, or in an electrical storm

wut

>liking something i don't like
if you need a phone that only makes call and texts then whats the problem?

pros
More battery life
slimmer pocket profile
mobile carrier bill cost significantly less
less distracting

honestly the first three reasons are the main reasons why anyone would switch over

>not owning one of these

Can I have one with a keybaord?

Ok, thats actually a better reason ,thank you for explaining that instead of just saying dumb phone

>honestly the first three reasons are the main reasons why anyone would switch over
$337. What p.o.s costs that?

I would buy a dumbphone that can also be used as a powerbank. Otherwise they are useless, quite literally.

well a month ago i was using pic related but my friend just for testing and was sick of me still using that phone he threw it with full power only speakers broke and a little bit damage it took i got it fixed and after that he did it again than screen broke so i just left it i still have the body though. and another keypad i had but i gave it to a guy who was working at my dad's office

damn that gave me a nice chuckle

>walk into dracula mansion
>ask to borrow phone
>get cucked and fucked by a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania

A snail farm is not a bad idea tb.h

(Riff Raff) It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes it's toll...

(Magenta) Ahh...

(Riff Raff) But listen closely...

(Magenta) Not for very much longer...

(Riff Raff) I've got to keep control.
I remember doing the Time Warp.
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me.

(Riff Raff & Magenta) And the void would be calling.

(Guests) Let's do the Time Warp again.
Let's do the Time Warp again.

how old are you

What US networks do these cheap chink card phones run on?