Note7 refugee thread

This is for all the note7 users that had to return their devices. How terrible was it to let go? What phone are you stuck with for now?

It still saddens me. I've never loved a phone quite so much. I had an lg g4 before but the store was out so I have a v10. Its cool I guess. But makes me appreciate just how stunning the note7 was.

We're gonna get through this ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/uk/support/macbook-bottomcase/
techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/the-nexus-6-is-reportedly-being-recalled-from-at-t-stores-1274067
tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/
samsung.com/au/galaxynote7-notice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If only the battery was removable, they could have sent new ones and be done with it.

>ITT: Android poorfag refuge

Assuming it was the battery. Thats just what they said it was.

Probably would have been more todo with heat than the battery itself

Didn't browse Sup Forums for a while, and didn't follow any phone news.

What happened to the Note 7?

Get the fuck off our board. We don't want you on Sup Forums. This is an iPhone board.

Make Technology great again!

OP here. I keep looking at pictures of the note7 but all it's doing is bumming me out. I've seriously never seen a more beautiful phone and I'm so sad I don't have it right now.

nigger this recall has been on the 6pm news. get your fucking head out of your arse.

but the Note 7 is more expensive than most iPhones, if not all
are there more expensive non-Android phones, or am I missing something?

I'm not american, lad.

Hhahahahaha
Samsung is finished
Just buy an iPhone 7 pro and get over it.
Apple is brave and courageous and their phones don't explode. All scamsung do is copy Apple anyway, except they are too pathetic to do it properly.

neither am i.

LG V20

>watching TV

> he thinks note 7's are only sold in the US.

Why are you on this board?

I might get that, though I would miss the Stylus from my current Note 4.

The recall thing wasn't on TV here, that's what I was trying to say.

where is the recall?

This

Sent from my windows phone.

>tfw Applefag
>tfw don't have to return the phone I paid for because it might murder me and my family

Mi Note 2 rook the same but it won't blow up.

Good thing I'm not due for an upgrade until December

It explodes. It got so bad that multiple airlines are banning the bomb.

>tfw androidfag
>tfw phone is able to end my misery
>applefags continue to suffer being applefags.

It doesn't actually endanger lifes, does it?

I know you're upset, but sending a mail bomb to Samsung HQ is a little extreme

It's a design defect, it should be fixed regardless. Any other brand would do it, whether it's for phones or something else.

>Any other brand would do it
Like hell they would. Any other brand stops supporting your phone entirely after 2 years or less. No software updates, no security updates, no nothing.

Apple sent me parts to replace the defective rubber bottom of my macbook

They're not going to recall brand new iPhones for anything less than fatalities

> moving the goalposts already
I am talking about design defects.

proof?

This is the most low level bait can get. Please stop.

apple.com/uk/support/macbook-bottomcase/

>I am talking about design defects.
You expect them to fix a design effect that appears after years of use if they don't even support the phones with simple software updates anymore.

But alright, show me an example where another (phone) manufacturer recalled their phones due to a design defect.

It has appeared well within warranty duration of the BendPhone 6.

>But alright, show me an example where another (phone) manufacturer recalled their phones due to a design defect.
What is this thread about, retard?

>poor quality control/cheap defunct batteries
>design defect
choose 1

Nexus 6 got recalled by AT&T due to faulty OS

techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/the-nexus-6-is-reportedly-being-recalled-from-at-t-stores-1274067

Nvidia recalled a lot of Shield Tablets due to battery overheating and replaced them free of charge, whether you are the original owner or bought it second hand

tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/

I pick number 3.

>there will still be fanboys refusing to accept that there's something wrong with their phones
>these same fanboys will take these explosives onto airplanes and endanger hundreds of lives at a time

it happened because they designed the battery forgetting that it would be in peoples pockets all day every day. they rushed it and never properly thought it through or tested it.

it was in italy even, it was everywhere

Have you seen Note7 owners deny the issue? Why would they, when Samsung will replace them for free? There's no Stockholm syndrome to be had in the first place, which is how fanboys are made.

Any source on that?
Of course not, because it's bullshit you just made up.
It happened because of poor quality batteries.

yes I have on Facebook. it's all >muh headphone jack, i'm gonna get this life endangering piece of shit out of spite
>it's probably not that bad

my company works with lots of phone manufactuerers, especially Samsung and this round Samsung cuoldn't get any of their shit together and were pretty ovciously rushing everything to push it out as fast as possible to compete with the iPhone. very little time was spent on the power source

when you post a picture like that you are a fanboy yourself.

They're not going to get the defective version even if they wanted to, Samsung has pulled it off the shelves.

Just wait a month or two, and get one. They're obviously going to do everything possible to erase this black mark from their history, so I wouldn't worry about exploding after a month or two.

It's a small percentage of phones, anyway and, like everything, is being blown (no pun intended) out of proportion, anyway.

kek

why do you care so much about a phone though you don't have any friends

I just like to reply with loosly related images. I'm not even a winfag.

> It's a small percentage of phones

We don't know that, it may happen eventually to all the Note 7 released. Let's not be like Macfags, it's good that Samsung fixes their mistake but they still fucked up.

>My father works at Nintendo
Uh-huh.

You're telling me a company that designed probably hundreds of phones suddenly forgets basic safety measures for batteries?
You can't tell me the batteries explode purely due to heat, every phone goes into pockets and can become hot. It still shouldn't suddenly explode. There is something wrong with the batteries themselves.
Also, it is not like _every_ Note 7 explodes eventually. Most do not, but the percentage is a lot higher than usual.

True.
Let me rephrase.

A small number of incidents have been reported*

>buy from JB Hifi
>scene girl tries to get me to take the replacement phone and get a refurbished note 7 which comes out next week
>tell her no, give me a full refund
>had to wait 1hr

luckily i still had a note edge, so all good. Also my note 7 was perfectly fine i charged the shit out of it. It never overheated once.

It is a small percentage, they stopped the shipment of all the fucked up phones caused by the chinks.

New fixed note 7 hit the shelves again next week tuesday 13th of sept

Loved my Note 4, but after about a year the battery went to shit, of course, with the 4, I can change the battery so it wasn't the end of the world, but not sure I can do another Note after that... (And now the 7 get recalled because of battery, kinda confirming my fears) I hear LG is the only one still doing the battery thing, guess I am forced to try them.

samsung.com/au/galaxynote7-notice/

21st is replacement release

Android design peaked at the 5.

But most of them have caught fire while charging, which has nothing to do with being in peoples' pockets.

Li-ion/Li-Po batteries are actually fairly complex and all of them are literally juggling fire. If there is a mistake in manufacture or assembly it can be a disaster.
Considering Samsung have designed many batteries prior to this without them exploding at these rates it is more probable that a mistake occurred at the manufacture or assembly stage, which is even more likely due to the recall not affecting China, whose version of the Note 7 almost certainly contains the same design battery.

STYLUS?

yes.

>returning a phone just because it might burn you a bit
>might aswel cut your dick off, faggot

>I've seriously never seen a more beautiful phone and I'm so sad I don't have it right now.

It looks the same as the past 3 generations of Samsung phone.

>they don't even support the phones with simple software updates anymore.

The iPhone 5 is still supported on iOS 10, what are you talking about?

thats a low quality bait user

you can't get a refund if the phone burned up.

Why would anyone even get a Note 7 at this point.
>Scratches as easily as plastic
>Gets randomly stuck in bootloops and bricks
>Fucking catches on fire if you're unlucky
Did any company ever fuck up their """""""""""flagship""""""""""" worse?

I still have my note 7, waiting till t mobile actually has replacements in stock.

>Did any company ever fuck up their """""""""""flagship""""""""""" worse?
The iPhone 7 doesn't have a headphone jack.

At least it has an antenna, unlike the 4

But how good is the antenna? Past iPhones have exhibited poor reception depending on which side of your head you hold the device.

>fixed

and who will beta test it

yeah u cant

you can just sue for $4 million for injury caused

just hold it the right way

stop blaming the excellent product