/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation

If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyGGMjH8wTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bass is for NIGGERS

Fuck off keemstar

I hope you use a high pass filter white boi.

I have a pair of akg k7xx's rate me

>akg k7xx
weeaboo/10

Is Superlux hd681-evo any good?

HD 558
roast em

Best earpads replacement for the K550's that's as close as the original?
I have never seen leather earpads this soft and comfy.

The difference is like 1-2 dB. Hardly possible to accurately A/B that with the shitty auditory memory we have. Inserting them in slightly differently also alters the response as it shifts the resonances in high freqs and deeper fit makes for overall louder response. You can also see that the SR was inserted slightly deeper in those measurements as the resonance has moved up slightly. Bass is basically just seal. There are always some differences between different units which could throw the results off that much with the other things in consideration.

Swivels are a weak point
Removable cable is shitty screw in
Other than that they're great

I read you can easily remove the screw-in bullshit.

If I increase the bass region on the HD600 would they sound similar to the HD650?

They are bright and uncomfortable as all fuck
Also the 668b is better (though has similar issues)
Better option is thee 662 EVO
And various other Chinese headphones
Ask csg

You can, but the cable end needs to be real thin and terminate in 2.5
Alternatively you can buy adapters on ebay for like three bucks that change the 2.5 to 3.5

What exactly is a soundstage?

I just bought a sony 950xb bt, did i make a mistake?

Yes, but you could have done worse.

Yes, a single parametric peaking filter would do it. Try Q 0.6 +3 dB at 150 Hz. Some units are less off from each other so just +2 dB could also make the difference.

meme word

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.

Are they good enough to listen to something that goes deep in the sub bass like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=iyGGMjH8wTI

From foobar2000, it goes all the way down to 25hz

The LF extension is barely different in the HD 650 and the bass boost they have over HD 650 is in the midbass which makes the few Hz lower extension hard/impossible to hear. Both HD 600 and HD 650 can play down to infrasonic frequencies but the response is rolled off. Nothing that EQ can't fix but both headphones require it and you need to use proper filters to lift it up. What headphones did you have? HD 600? With a parametric equalizer, try:

Preamp -7 dB
Q 0.8 +6 dB at 20 Hz
Q 0.5 -2 dB at 150 Hz

>the bass boost they have over HD 650
I meant HD 600.

What is DSD and should I care about it?
Apparently my Fiio X3ii supports it.
For the record I believe flac is a meme format and don't use it.

No because HD650 has more accurate treble and it's overall not as bad as HD600. EQ can make a headphone sound better to your ears, but it won't make it identical or even similar to a different headphone.

I just got these bad boys and the meme is real.
Dual driver is a whole new level.

Anyone knows chinkshit good headphones for home use? Something large comfy that provides clear flat sound?
Putin stole my money so I cant afford anything above low end, but if there are any good chink OEM that would be great.

>overall not as bad as HD600
Implying the 600s are bad?

I was making a comparison, it wasn't an absolute statement. Do you know the basic rules of English grammary?

I have some cheap SHP 1900
come at me, fags

>What is DSD and should I care about it?
An audio format which you should care about if music you like is only available on it. Other than that you can forget it. It doesn't bring anything new to the table for listening purposes and actually complicates things because of the poor support.

FLAC is a great format.

Apparently not, but what's so bad about the treble on the 600s?

It has a nasty peak around 3-4 kHz and rolls off after 6 kHz.

Do multi-driver headphones exist?

Yes, usually in surround sound gayming headsets.
They're shit.

Anyone know the release date for those Powerbeats 3?

That's actually incorrect. The HD600 has a flatter treble response.

HD650 and HD600 don't differ much, identical housings, the only difference is the HD650 has a slightly different driver that's tuned to output less upper midrange and treble response.

my nigga ima be savin mah mufucka welfare for dis shiet too

haha its funy cuz its racis xD

Or it can be more bass depending how you look at it, either way, both headphones are very similar, the HD600 is a tad more neutral.

Sennheiser HD 598 or Fostex T50RP Mk3?

ok guys listen I need your help please

I'm getting some bluetooth over ear headphones for less than 50€
I narrowed it down to the ausdom m04s and m05

the m05 cost ~49€ and the m04s ~41€
how do they compare? which one should I get? should I look at some other headphones instead?

I'm just a normie who wants some nice headphones

What's the most goodest IEM headphones their gots with a

unmodded t50rp is not comfy

kys

HD598. What an ugly woman.

>fake tits
>no curves
>no hips
>nose ring
>probably has a flat ass

Get the 668b. Most comfortable cans I have ever had period. Feels a little cheap, but they should hold up.

Sound stage is probably on part with the 598. Highs are a little too bright, but I like that shit. For gaming their a treat.

Absolute fucking steal at 40 bucks.

this is really nice and paints a great picture of this community

I hope you're proud of yourself you edgelord

A recent study reported that 55 percent of Americans typically listen to music through their laptop or PC speakers, which generally produce nothing below 300 Hz. So people are missing the bottom 3.5 octaves of music, including bass guitar, kick drum, and the fundamental pitches of the male voice. Research has found bass quality accounts for 30 percent of the listeners’ preference.

SHP 1900, ~$12

>Budget
any budget, i'm willing to go up to $400 but that's unnecessary i'm sure. preferred range in under $200
>Location
us
>Source
iphone se, want bluetooth
>Preferred type of headphone
over ear, isolation is key. also i want bluetooth for the gym
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
10/10
>Preferred tonal balance
something bassier
>Past headphones
some cheap sony shit form walmart, they pinch my skull though so no good.

i want really good isolation, comfort, over the ear, and bluetooth. in that order. the other stuff is less relevant but still would be cool to be considered

A recent study reported that the laptop and desktop PC market is dying and being replaced by tablets and mobile phones.

thanks user but I don't think these are wireless are they?

solo2 wireless, insanely comfortable, on-ear, blocks sound reasonably well, bassy sound signature

you're a few years late, pal
the tablet market is actually collapsing

If they don't have similarities, you aren't equalizing right.

>DSD
One bit audio sampled at many times greater than Redbook rate. This is denoted by name, DSD64, DSD128, and so on.
The increased sampling rate combined with noise shaping shifts digital artifacts above 20 kHz. The resulting ENOB in the audio range is quite high, although there would be significant ultrasonic noise being fed to amplifiers if no filtering is performed on the signal.
>flac is a meme format
If you believe that, then would DSD be some sort of Supermeme? Ultrameme? DSD format has no use over conventionally stored digital audio and is an inferior option in many regards.

i want over ear but i'll consider these

The only thing dying are prebuilts. Solo components like GPU keep rising

>wireless
nope, hadn't read that part

FLAC LMAO

Here I'll clean things up
>budget
$35
>location
Burger
>source
Phone, Alcatel Idol 4
>preferred type
IEM
>comfort level
I've already purchased Foam Tips so it doesn't really matter
>tonal balance
Prefer neutral because I listen to a wide arrange of music but overall I don't really care
>past headphones
Those $5 Panasonic ones on amazon and Audio Technica earbuds. (Can't remember name of them but they were around 12 dollars. Didn't really like em.) I also use the Ath M50x at my computer.

Appreciate any help.

>Those $5 Panasonic ones on amazon
These are actually quite decent.

I have tinnitus and just dropped $100 on a pair of headphones, but using them makes my tinnitus worse although I'm listening with the volume as low as possible, so I feel like I just wasted $100 on something that I can't use.

Why is this happening to me?

if you bought closed headphones, the isolation will make your tinnitus relatively worse.
consider open headphones for the future.

you are obsessive and prolly a bit hysteric, too
j/k, i dunno

What are the better headphones, the beyerdynamic custom one pro or the beyerdynamic DT 221?

I need some good and not too expensive headphones (no more than 30€).
Had Xiaomi Piston v3, they stopped working after a few months.
Got the youth version ones, same shit happened, they just go deaf.
I'd use them mainly with an Android phone and PowerAmp, as daily carry.
Any help is appreciated.

Amp wise, magni uber 2 or asgard 2? Are tubes worth it? Might go for the Lyr 2 but that might be a stretch...

I have tinnitus too. Closed headphones are terrible if that's what you bought. Get open headphones. Also stop focusing on the tinnitus. Boot a game, put some music in the background and you'll forget about it

Tubes color the sound.

So no help here?

>Tubes color the sound.
No, not really.

I'm thinking of ordering the Sennheiser CX-300 ii precision, anybody have it? Will they be better than my phone's headset? I'm gonna use them with my Fiio M3.

Can i have some recommendations Sup Forums?

>Budget
$60 anything under
>Location
US
>Source
PC and PS4
>Preferred type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Don't care
>Comfort level
Comfortable enough to use for hours on end
>Preferred tonal balance
Don't care
>Past headphones
Earbuds that came with my samsung

What's the consensus on Steelseries Flux headsets?

I picked one up new off Amazon for $20

I frown upon you
Attaching a pic cause they're neat

Go away faggot

>Budget
Flexible, preferably Location US
>Source
Phone
>Form
IEM
>Comfort
Should be pretty comfortable
>Tonal Balance
Neutral
>Previous Headphones
Cheap Panasonic RP-HXS200 s

if you've only ever had the stock ones, prepare to shit bricks and have your mind blown

also the ones you mentioned are very worth their price, I had them before my current ones.

protip: don't keep them in your backpocket like I did.

Kill yourself, shitposter.

Great way to destroy the thread.

Also, wireless discussion is allowed here.

Only used stock crap, except a pair of headphones that were worth like 20 dollars, they look something like this.

obvious samefag is obvious

By the way, how long did they last you?
No.

There is literally nothing wrong with wireless.

>being this new
you know how to count ips, right?
next time at least time your posts better

>being this new and retarded

They posted in the thread before you fucking retard.

My old TF10 finally bit the dust. Could probably get them reshelled, want to know if similar but better is out there.

Why wait so long and then make all those posts in a few minutes interval when it was right at the top?

> They
You.

Monoprice 8320

I have it. It's high quality as far as build and durability and for active use (running, cycling, etc). I really don't care for it's sound signature. Unnaturally loud and muddy bass is what kills it for me.

I recommend the Monoprice 8320 for a cheap IEM that sounds good. If you're going for a high end model, I like Etymotic Research.

Glad you can count mate but you're wrong and you should feel bad.

Here you go dumbass

hm, only 1.5 or 2 years I believe. due to me sitting on them.

i can't stress enough how important it is to try out all the different buds that's included to find the perfect fit. it effects the sound too.

>The only thing dying are prebuilts
Nope.

I know Bluetooth headphones aren't popular on Sup Forums, but I'd like to take a moment to shill for Jaybird's. Particularly the X2's.

>double trips

nice numbers my dude

AKG K 240 MK II

or

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x

for gaymen and movies

M50X are closed, K240 are open.
Do you need sound isolation?
K240 are the best solution imo.

Hey that's pretty good, most of the stuff i have dies in six months, I'm using them while biking and at the gym so the durability would be great.

Heard that foam buds are really good, the regular buds i have dozens and will definitely try them out, what you using them with, think the Fiio will sound nice with em?

I mean I sort of need noise isolation but it isn't extremely important. I've never tried open back headphones before and figured I'd take the plunge. How easy is it to hear what I'm listening to/how much outside sound leaks in with semi open backs? Or the K240s in particular?

K240 don't leak nor let much noise in. They're great if you can get them for around 60-70$.