pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/141844901502?_mwBanner=1
deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/keytronics-kb3270-plus-professional-series-micro-to-mainframe-keyboard-t14575.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=47
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=107
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
bakkerelkhuizen.com/knowledge-center/feet-in-or-out/
imgur.com/a/Y0foU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It appears amazon.co.jp now ships some keyboards internationally - referring to Filco, most Topre and HHKB in JP layouts here.

I don't think that one is mechanical but they definitely make ones that are

and another.
They're several models for like 20 bucks, which isn't that bad for an old alps keyboard. Also in some models you can switch them to qwerty with a lever on the back

m.ebay.com/itm/141844901502?_mwBanner=1

Did i find a trassure? I judt ordered one for 10 dollars and it does appear to be similar as the ebay one

I'd say go onto the deskthority forums and ask there. They have way more knowledge about these things then anyone here

Hmmm, according to the FAQ Corsair is frowned upon, but is there any other keyboards that supports programmable RGB lighting?

deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/keytronics-kb3270-plus-professional-series-micro-to-mainframe-keyboard-t14575.html

Posted this now, lets hope its secretly worth a bazillion dollars

Ducky shine 5

Terminus Mini 2 is CUTE

This board is cuter

Starving African keyboards aren't cute.

i know

yoo

Yeah they've really expanded what they ship internationally in the past few months (much more than just keyboards), it's pretty nice.

Does anyone have a waterproof mechanical keyboard?

I think zalman's is mechanical, but I can't confirm with a tear down video.

ibm

That's a Keytronic battleship that's been rebranded. It should have foam and foil switches. The foam's probably fucked from age though.

>Budget
~125 +/-
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Unsure, see below
>Layout
Full
>Form factor
ANSI
>Backlight
Sure
>Previous/current keyboards
razer blackwidow ultimate 2014 (we all make mistakes). I generally like the keyboard, but I am starting to get chattering (double key press events) with certain keys and could stand a slightly higher actuation force than the kalih green switches in the deathstalker.

Recommendations?

I recently ordered my first mechanical keyboard. It's backordered, so I won't get it until October.

>KBParadise V80 TKL
>Matias Quiet Clicks
>Dolch Keycaps

How did I do?

Try something older like a model m or a dell at101w

pretty good switch pick
bad form factor tkl is the worst meme to be invented
dolch is okay I guess

Well, after 25 years of computing it had to happen. On six hours of sleep in two days, I turned in a fugue and knocked an entire 8oz of rum and coke, somehow perfectly directly into my baby.

Computer was immediately turned off but..The thing poured 4oz of drink out of the casing. I'm going to assume electrical fault and that the switches and pcb are ruined.

What are my options? You can replace the PCBs with aftermarket stuff, right?

What's wrong with TKL? Should I have gotten a full size?

60% is 2pro4me.

Do you mean an actual 20 year old keyboard, or one of the new unicomp boards?

whichever one you like more

ducky shine 5

I really don't know the extent of the damage. You might might fine if you bathe it 99% rubbing alcohol. Some of the rum might have gotten into the keys making them sticky, in which case I'd say take them apart and clean them. If you want to get a new PCB you have to desolder the old switches and put them on the new one, maybe you need to buy new switches?.
Also you don't need to get a pcb, you can always buy some resistors and swithces then hand wire the keyboard to a Teensy controller then place it in your old case.
Here's a place to get you started
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=47
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=107

you can get cheap alps keyboards for around 40 bucks on ebay. Dell AT101W actually has better build quality for its switches then anything cherry can come up with
If you want one for a Mac then get an AEK (pic related). They also use alps switches and cost the same

A spill's not that big a deal as long as it doesn't short the actual control circuitry. The switch matrix literally functions by shorting so it gives no fucks if all its contacts are suddenly shorted together.

You need to clean it before the acid does permanent damage. You can disassemble it and wash everything with water. You can even put it through the dishwasher (no detergent, no dry cycle).

Water will not hurt it while it's completely unpowered. The real challenge will be drying it out afterward, which can literally take weeks for water trapped inside the switch mechanisms. Keep it somewhere warm and dry or surround it with dried rice to encourage evaporation.

TKL os a useless size.
It's for people who want less space taken up by the board yet they still have stuff like a nav cluster arrow and f keys.

And even if you need those keys you could just get a 75%

some of us like our numpads on the left

the selection for 75% keyboards is limited though to be fair, choc mini is great but you can't easily get keycap sets for it, i can understand if people prefer TKL just because the selection is more limited, not many brands make 75%

Then buy a fucking numpad on the left you retard

why TKL and numpads are so much cheaper then keyboards with the numpad on the left

fuck you

dude I'm not spending my autism bucks on a specialty keyboard. Honestly $60 was probably too much for what I got anyway

That's not even what I meant I meant buy a keyboard and put a numpad on the left

wait buy a full size keyboard and a separate numpad? why that's too much space. I just got a Tomoko and (pic related)

I hate you

ebin retardation

why for not spending $150+ on some specialty mechanical keyboard, or for not cluttering up my already limited desk space with two numpads (one of which I will never use)

Fuck you don't replying to my posts

You're not getting what he's saying. You need to buy a keyboard with a numpad, then buy a keyboard with a numpad that you put on the left side, so you have a keyboard with a numpad on your left side.

Where do i get nordic model m`s?

cleaned everything with water, but should i also wash the little daughter PCB? since its just a minor component should i just throw it out and buy a new one anyway?

now the waiting begins :\

Does the type S have different colored modifiers than the standard pro 2 in white?

Help indentifying this?

here have a (You) its on the house
>You're not getting what he's saying. You need to buy a keyboard with a numpad, then buy a keyboard with a numpad that you put on the left side, so you have a keyboard with a numpad on your left side.
So I need to buy to expensive keyboards?

To be honest here I feel for the TKL meme and bought a Tomoko for 30 bucks a while back. I missed the numpad more then I thought I would so I went and got one for cheap. Placing it on the left however is something I do not regret as it feels so much more comfortable then what I had before. I can keep my hand on my mouse and use my thumb to press any of the keys on the right side (arrows, PG up/dn, etc)

that definitely an IBM model F knock off. My guess is that it has rubberdomes, but without the number on the back I can't make that great of a guess. Also it might not work without a special adapter

wash the daughter PCB too, and try to fix it with just the original components, chances are it will be fine, but you need to clean everything to avoid corrosion

yo what's the best solution for affixing carpal tunnel inducing feet on my planck? ie something to angle this keyboard off my desk

Why do you think its a knockoff?

Why not use legos to build some feet, that way you can adjust them to see if it feels better or not.

like glue them to the bottom of my keyboard? or drill lego peg sized holes?

I wasn't thinking of a permanent solution. Just something temporary to see if your hands feel better.
Also just wondering are you the guy that posts your planc in a wooden case?

IBM was very popular so a lot of people tried to copy their designs, some where officially licensed, which is why without the product number I can't figure out if it is or not since I've never hear of any IBM partnership with whomever those are

no never posted mine

>carpal tunnel inducing feet
woah wait are you saying it's bad to have your keyboard at an angle?

I dont care if it isn't fully mechanical just post sexy keyboards

what is this i want to collect it

I want this keyboard and my keyboard has the same connector except it's male do I just get a female to female adapter?

Micro Cassette [Epson PX-8]

yeah i already found one on ebay

I meant to say computer

Nothing wrong with a tx1800

Can't wait till these keycaps drop again

Yeah, it's not a good idea to have it tilted towards you.

that layout makes my brain hurt

What don't you like about the 1800?

the entire numpad area would take some serious getting used to
especially with the four keys with an entire row to themselves
i don't really dislike it it's just really weird to look at

>Budget
$150
>Location
United States
>Preferred switch type
Not sure, I have a Cherry MX switch tester and the only one I ruled out is Blacks.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
No strong preference, I like backlit but can live without.
>Previous/current keyboards
None, this will be first mech.

holy shit, this looks beautiful

>microcassette
>that color scheme

source? and if i set it flat on the table it's kinda tilted away from me because of the staggered profile

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

Pick one that you like. I recommend that you get PBT key caps instead of ABS or else they will look like this after two weeks, dye-sub preferably, but that might be out of your budget.

The one thing that I don't understand is why GMK Dolch is more expensive then the genuine Dolch keyboard

I don't have any specific source, it's typical ergonomic knowledge.

it seems unreasonable that it would apply to everyone and every specific keyboard model and desk setup.

bakkerelkhuizen.com/knowledge-center/feet-in-or-out/

It should be at a slight negative tilt to your forearms, which should be parallel to the ground.

i guess i'll give it a try but at first impression it feels like the bottom 2-3 rows are tilted forward a bit too much and that to type it's more like an awkward backward movement instead of a downward press

Guy who spilled coke in his filco earlier here.

Seeing multiple reports of new Ducky One non backlit Grey and Blue edition having the PBT keycaps wear off in days.

Did ducky have a bad manufacturing run or is a competitor slandering them? These are specialized products and reviews like that can easily send me running. Multiple guys saying PBT caps "wore off" in 10-20 days.

I bought A ducky one with PBT (White and Grey) caps and after 20 days my S key start to fade out, the weird thing is that all my other keys are fine

ok nvm it seems better to have it flat, thanks for the tip faggots

got 138 wpm for the first time on my first try on keybr.com lol

To elaborate if this was something wrong with Ducky's manufacturing process then the whole keyboard will be fading. But since the S key is one of the least used keys I think its a QC issue not a manufacturing issue, or else my entire keyboard will start to fade out. Also its a very slight fade compared to other i've seen online

Well that was a quick turnaround.

Someone please convince me not to get the pro 2. I ordered one a few months ago and canceled minutes later and now I'm getting the urges again

alps>topre
imgur.com/a/Y0foU

Tai-Hao Dolch keycaps

>not painting the plate
enjoy your rust

I would do this but that plate was agroup buy and I can't find one anywhere else also what is the duck viper

okay, yeah, fuck them with a stick.

After having a $150 hercules guitar stand start melting a few years ago (in 70 degree apartment) I am done with companies fucking up the manufacturing of PLASTIC. How hard is it to make fucking PLASTIC?

When you fuck up the manufacturing of plastic it speaks to extreeeeeeeeme cost cutting attempts. Guess it's majestouch 2 for me.

>patrician computing experience

>He uses a mouth fedora

That badge
Eww...

Silver>Grey>>>>>Any rubber dome keyboard>>>Blue

you're joking right

that reflection makes the caps look nasty

Yeah they're very glossy on the sides unfortunately