>Go, C, D, JavaScript

Low pay tier (starting 25k):
>C++, C#, .NET, Java, PHP

Too stupid to learn a real language tier:

Meme tier
>Rust, Lisp, Haskell

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-s096-introduction-to-c-and-c-january-iap-2013/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1Df6dg2Pby1UoNlZU2l0FEykKsQKttu7O6q7iQd2bU/edit#gid=1023506792
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw i fucking hate javascript but you aren't wrong

>highly paid tier
>JavaScript

I need a better job

Just learn some shitty meme framework like node and learn how to spout buzzwords like "play", "solve" "deliver" paradigm etc

No, I mean I'm underpaid as a JavaScript developer.

>Too stupid to learn a real language
>C++
Fuck off.

Have you taken the step I recommended in that post?

>highly paid
>70k

sage

>D
>not a meme tier
toppuru kekkuru
Also, rust/lisp/haskell programmers are pretty highly paid - if they find a job, that is.

>haskell programmers are pretty highly paid
kek

dude, just look at the job offers

>c++
>low pay tier
>too stupid to learn a real language
Damn, Im over paid by 43k. Goddamn meme career. Should of learned java so I can feel happy with nothing.

>Too stupid to learn a real language
>C++

>highly paid tier
>D
More like "no jobs" tier.

Tell me how I get that music player.

Top is cmus and bottom is cava for visuals. The window is split using a terminal multilplexer (looks like byobu).

mpd+ncmpcpp also has similar capabilities.

Thx

Where do you put PowerShell?

I do Hyper-V and Exchange automation, average about twice your highly paid tier...

Low pay tier (starting 25k):

Too stupid to learn a real language tier:

>javascript
Is this true?
I'm unsure what to work on to get a decent job, is JavaScript really worth it?

>perl not even listed

implying anyone is getting paid to write D for dead language

me too thanks

So what is up with using Android Studio?

It's promoted by Google and is some basic Java

>C++, C#
>low pay tier
>too stupid to learn a real language tier

>D
>Go
>highly paid tier
WEW
LAD

What about iOS?

>APL, FORTH, Idris
>god tier
>transcendence beyond reality

>Tapping on a keyboard for a living
fucking manchildren, get a REAL job
t. A Doctor.

How you like that 200K+ student loan?

>25k for any programming job
I've never met a new grad making under 50 even in low cost of living areas.

In the US, Obj-C/Swift for iOS dev will land you something between low and high pay tiers, typically on the higher end. In the Valley it's definitely on the higher end, probably because it requires actual memory management skills even if ARC makes it easy

>live in a country with free university,
profit?

no thanks, while biology and its surrounding fields are fascinating I think I'd die if I had to work as a doc

computers don't bleed or do stomach-turning things, and I'll never have to let a computer know it has cancer

You're either a nigger, spic, or a chink.
Which is it?

>constantly asked by recruiters and other devs if you know rails tier
Ruby

;_;

>implying JS is more complex or difficult to learn or utilize than PHP
>implying anyone would ever take a job working with any of these languages for $25K USD in a first world country

If you make less than $50K even in rural Kansas you are either getting raped or you're the company's secretary.

What terminal font is that? Mine loks like SHIT on debian wtf...

Don't know programming but I thought C++ was C but with more stuff. Like you know... C but ++

where do I get haskell jobs
I'm decent at it.
pls

>Go
>D

These are bigger meme hipster languages than Lisp or Haskell, and by a substantial metric.

I write in Rust for the DoD and i get 85k.

>.NET developer
>on 80k per year fresh out of uni

Outlier, I suppose? :^)

hnhiring.me search for haskell
also angelist
also stackoverflow

It is basically
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-s096-introduction-to-c-and-c-january-iap-2013/

C++ was designed to make C "enterprise" meaning they wanted a pool of pajeets to import and hire from. It utterly failed so Oracle bought Java from Sun and then shilled that as the new "enterprise" language.

Tons of shit is still made with C++/Java, and pays extremely well like anything to do with Elastic Search and other DBMS

>only makes 68k programming in 2016
lmao

strange finance or telecom shit, or novelty startups, or bad academic jobs

Are you guys not from the bay area? Anything less than 100k is pretty low tbqh famallama

This. 70k is almost mid range for startups. High pay is $100k+

depends where you live

if you live in the bay area, and are a "10x developer" you can get $120-160k plus options.

If you live elsewhere, you should expect $40-100k depending on experience. Nobody is paying any real salaries except in certain regions. Europe/Canada pay fuck all, the salaries are laughable in UK.

I work F/T at a lab where we build custom parallel algorithms, in a functional language that we invented, across multiple GPUs to do sequential sorting of genomes and other gigantic data. I also wrote the compiler, in ML.

I'm paid $60k/yr for this and some benefits. A garbage man working overtime occasionally makes more money than me but I do it because I like it (working in a lab for bioengineering) and my real money comes from software projects I built and sold on the side.

Also, HN has a spreadsheet of salaries
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a1Df6dg2Pby1UoNlZU2l0FEykKsQKttu7O6q7iQd2bU/edit#gid=1023506792

The people making huge money are typically Google management, and HFT or similar shady financial work. But keep in mind they're working 70-80hrs a week (trader programmers)

damn. i need to work for facebook

or netflix, every position over $300k except you need to be Sr with 10+yrs experience working for somebody else gigantic like FB/Google.

>learning Unix system administration
>look for jobs nearby
>there are no jobs
worry

Safey?