Are you serious AT&T??? I pay 50$ a month for this shit?

Are you serious AT&T??? I pay 50$ a month for this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/verizon-warns-fios-user-over-excessive-use-of-unlimited-data/
consumerist.com/2015/04/14/verizon-you-should-love-your-mobile-data-cap-because-its-good-for-you/
youtu.be/2ImKF0fly8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Australians

>yfw I pay $389 pesos ($20 dollars) for 25 down/5 up

Apparently you bought Samsung as well.
Not the brightest bulb there bud.

How many walls can you download with that?

this is a fucking stupid question and i know i am going to be belittled but i am going to ask:

>have onboard NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller*
>Running Win8.1 Pro x64
>Go to Control panel, Network and Internet, Network Connections
>Right click on adapter*
>Then click on Status
>Ethernet Status pops-up
>Connection, Speed: 100.0 Mbps
>Speed: 100.0 Mbps

>Go to speedtest.net
>Run a speed test
>Shows I have 13.17 Mbps DL Speed and 6.79 Mbps UL Speed

>Go to torrent site
>Download movie.avi, album.mp3, etc.
>DL Threshold is never near 13.17 Mbps
>DL Thresholds only goes to 1.1-1.8 Mbps

If I upgrade my ethernet card/adapter to Gigabit will I have faster overall internet/torrent speeds?

Sorry ahead of time for autism, i am still new to computers and shit.

bump

No

really? so how come i cannot download @ ~13 Mbps? does this have to do with bandwidth limitation or reserved? i.e. you have up to 13 Mbps to use on your network...

fuck man i am not gud with computer

no, if you want fast torrent speeds, then get a seedbox user

$5. No caps.

no. your isp will throttle when and where it wants.

i understand i will look into seedboxs i read up on how bit torrent works basically the more you give the more you can receive.

but even downloading an ubuntu iso from their official website [or generally downloading...] why do i cap at ~1.1 Mbps?

so like i have a 13 mbps connection but they just throttle me...?

I remember that feel

Not OP but plenty.

I pay 489 pesos (25 usd) for 50mb up & down

your 1.1mpbs cap is mostly likely because that the max that seeds are uploading. but yes isp's could be throttling you, but if you get a seedbox that wont be an issue, to put it simple a seedbox is pretty much your paying for a highspeed connection and no throttle aswell as no backlash from isps and rightholders etc

>Australia
>Pay $89 AUD for 7 Mbps down & 0.85 Mbps down.

so i should not only get a seedbox, but also upgrade my internet plan, correct?

no just get a seedbox, there is no need to upgrade your internet

i will. i bet i will have lot of fun setting it up, maybe learn a few.

one more thing if i upgrade my Ethernet adapter to gigabit as well as my router which i have been planning to do, will this increase my network speed overall... and it is irrelevant to my isp's speeds, correct?

only if you pay for gigabit connection from your isp, if you dont then there is no need uprade your adpter or router, just have a router that supports the current speeds that you have.

thank you

On speedtest, that's Mbps and on torrents, it shows the MBs. You divide your Mbps by 8 and it give you your actual megabytes per second speed.

Who's your provider?

>On WiFi

I pay $17 for that shit

Which state?

wew

cellular

LTE. $50 per month for 12GB.

and this is my home adsl for $130

Thanks senpai

Are people just posting slow speed tests as a joke in this thread? How do you survive with less than 100/100? You can barely stream HD video on the internet with connections that slow... This is the 21st century, get with the times.

22th century?

No Caps
$34 per month

Twenty Twoth

cityfags detected

>on wifi
>with other network-apps running
>measured by some remote servers with questionable routing

And I thought the Wind shit that I currently have to use in Italy was crap. Not full signal though.

KEKKED

>verizon

goodgoy.webm

Welcome to Australia's internet.

for $65/month and no data cap, can't complain.

Plus they are currently deploying 10G-PON infrastructure in my area that should go live in 2017.

>no data cap
>believing this

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/verizon-warns-fios-user-over-excessive-use-of-unlimited-data/

consumerist.com/2015/04/14/verizon-you-should-love-your-mobile-data-cap-because-its-good-for-you/

holy shit what a fucking good goy

don't you feel any shame when you give money to the embodiment of everything wrong with carriers in the us?

kek so I should go with the only other ISP in my area which is comcast, which has 150/10mbps for the exact same cost, and a 500GB data cap.

Yeah i'll take several terabytes over 500gb, not to mention literally 15x the upload speed.

I have used over 3TB on my connection in a month several times, they dont give a shit and I have never heard anything from verizon about my usage.

Okay goyim, whatever helps you swallow your Jew master's load easier. :^)

You have offered no alternative because you know there isnt one.

Comcast is more jewish than verizon you dumb cuck bastard.

Hold on, lemme just go without ANY internet, that way the jews cant get me.

>trusting speedtest
youtu.be/2ImKF0fly8s

>mfw pay 70 usd for 1gb speeds up and down per month

Same, they say the problem is that my house is too far away from where their data centers are, that and they haven't even upgraded to fiber optics yet like the other jew Comcast has

I have a 100Mbit fiber line, I guess I'm losing some speed over wifi. Including tv and landline I pay about 75 euro's a month. I also get extra data on my 4g and a "free" channelpackage because it's also my mobile provider.
10gb 4g monthly.

Also OP, you could probably do some troubleshooting on that connection. Those numbers are terrible and I doubt your ISP thinks this is normal. Call customer service if you can't figure it out or if the problem seems to be on their end.

21rd century

>literally 10$ a month.
Might be a bit of a bottleneck though since it's over wireless and through a number of walls.

>forgot picture

Online HD streaming is poor quality relative to Blu-ray. You won't get 4K streaming at Ultra HD bitrates even with paysites like Netflix. It's scaled down to 1080p Blu-ray bitrates. Why even bother watching a 4K movie if it won't use 4K bitrates? [Yes they are cucking their user base with placebo but that isn't the point]

I pay 3$ for ten folds better than this

The speed listed in Control panel is the speed between you and your router. It's your internal network speed.

Location time neighbors activity slowest connection in the hop

lmao @ your life