Android privacy

I'm due to meet someone who is currently on the run from feds for political reasons.
I need to complete and utterly privatise my phone in the space of a few hours. This means I need to take measures to avoid tapping; GPS highlighting; any unauthorised location information or otherwise being sent via cellular or WiFi network; keylogging and so on. I would like advice on how to go about doing this. I'm unfortunately unrooted but have a laptop and will do anything short of simply not taking the phone with me.
The only information I'm willing to give on the matter is that I'm with a UK carrier and am in the UK.
I'll be extremely grateful for any technical and legal help, and I'm sure others who lurk may benefit and learn a few things.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-taEaSfPtbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Set a PIN, turn it off, and buy a burner phone.

buy a PAYG sim and buy a cheap arse dumbphone from Argos or something

Wrap it in ten layers of tin foil.

Just get a cheap dumbphone

your phone can be located by the government just with phone tower signals. Phones are personal tracking devices

Just disable those features in Settings..? What's that complicated. Otherwise try this:

You're in way over your head family, it is impossible to go dark with a phone. Have fun in jail :^)

Oh look a ruseman :^)
I know, is there any way messing around with the APN's or proxy settings could fuck with that?
I need this specific phone unfortunately
>tfw OP isn't the biggest faggot in the thread

Don't at around with stuff you can't handle.
Also you and him are not as important as you think delusional losers

With just towers they can only locate you down to the cell - area between 6 closest towers to you.

Snowden was putting his phone and his guests into the fridge.

Still - best idea is to get burner phone. Or maybe stay mobile, but watch out - if you cross barrier of the cell you could be tracked.

You faggot know feds frequently came here right?

You all get caught by your mobiles...Everytime I read they caught someone it's because of their phone...why so stupid.. get rid of the tracking device pleb..

Pull out your wireless antenna. It's not that hard if you have an android

How to make your phone untraceable: Don't have a phone.
Also if you had contact via that phone (or any contact at all, even in person), there is a more or less high chance that your devices and/or meeting is compromised anyway.

In short: You're fucked.

Did a bit if reading on EFF, looks that way fo sho, I'll probs take out my sim to stop cellular communications
Surely they'll need a subpoena of some sort to get anything remotely useful from Sup Forums? The party I'm worried about tracking me isn't likely to be government.
I've been using end-to-end encryption and I'm literate enough to not have my phone buttfucked by malware or spyware.

Another question then: what legal power does a non-government parry have in this context?

Don't take your phone, fucking retard

what is: "washing up liquid"?

is it like handsoap??

You're a complete fucking retard.

Take your sim out.
See how it can STILL RING EMERGENCY?
That means it's connected.

It always is. It always sends your location, it always can have the microphone and camera turned on and it can only be stopped by having the battery out, in which case just don't take your fucking phone.

no electronics, no wallet, no identification. just cash
meet in the woods
pay cash for a taxi to take you within walking distance of the woods, walk the rest of the way
no papers/pens. if its important, memorize it

Unless you're using a hardened FOSS kernel without blobs, OS and other software that you have audited yourself, which is running on documented hardware, you can't be sure. Even then, the GSM modem is proprietary and you don't know what information it sends (protip: you're traceable, ALWAYS).
Take the battery out, or just leave the fucking phone. Why would you need that specific one?

You can disable location permissions using AppOpsXposed, I opened emergency mode and it shit itself and couldn't locate me at all.

>feds
>in the UK
op confirmed for retard

>Bleach and baking soda makes toothpaste

Turn on airplane mode

Unless your phone root can disable cell tower triangulation at the law enforcement center, your phone shitting the bed on emergency call means nothing.

Leave your phone at home. It's the only way of not raising suspicion - if shit goes down, you can say that you just forgot it.

>Unlock bootloader
>Root
>Flash aosp based rom and don't flash Gapps
>Leave phone in airplane mode without sim card for the duration of your visit.

For that graphic does anyone know what the ones that say dont do it make?

this if you dont want a new phone:

turn of :
-bluetooth
-wifi
-3/4G whatever kind of net your provider has.
turn in:
-airplane mode and never turn it off.(not even for a second)

or buy a burner phone.

>On the run from the feds
Just turn yourself in, Achmed

Get a tablet with a seperate dongle

this
/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=-taEaSfPtbY

probably a mess.

>No country other than the USA can abbreviate their federal police to feds