So, Sup Forums is rather quiet over one of the biggest manufacturing catastrophes in tech history

So, Sup Forums is rather quiet over one of the biggest manufacturing catastrophes in tech history.

What's up?

This past week there was 20 daily threads about Apple abandoning deprecated tech.

Samsung damn near ruins the Android brand name, and not a peep?

Batteries are exploding, shit's recalled. There's nothing to talk about.

2 billion dollar manufacturing error, nearly 10% of Samdungs operating income, and nothing to talk about?

Not to mention the shit smeared all over Androids name.

Nothing to talk about?

How about...

>future of samsung in mobile markets
>sealed batteries
>what caused the defect
>android device reputation
>how this could of been prevented

They fucked up, but they are taking more than reasonable steps to fix their fuckup and it won't kill them in the long run.

I guess the quick charge was causing fake or substandard batteries to overheat and catch fire?

Would be nice to see a real technical writeup

>I guess the quick charge was causing fake or substandard batteries

What? You insane? The batteries are sealed, they're all brand new devices.

Are you in denial or something?

People injured, neighborhoods put in danger of fires, airplanes at risk of falling from the sky.

Hopefully with Hauwei dominating the poorfag Android market, this put's another nail in Samsung USA's grave.

>This past week there was 20 daily threads about Apple abandoning deprecated tech.
It's called reputation management. Or harm reduction.
Sammy is paying people to spam "nothing to see here" and "look over there". They've been caught before, manipulating forum threads to sway public opinion.
Also, there are a considerable number of people who have nailed Sammy's colors to their masts and have much emotional capital invested there.

It hasn't been confirmed that quick charge is the issue, but quick charging does cause the battery to heat up more than usual charging. It seems a likely trigger though.

The batteries came from somewhere, either quality drop in Samsung's own battery factory or a supplier boasting specs they couldn't match.

It's all just speculation, that's why someone should do a story on it

Substandard could still apply though.

Because half of Sup Forums is in denial that Android is playing 2nd fiddle to iOS. The other half thinks the removal of a 3.5 audio jack bigger news than a flagship phone that is too dangerous to even use. You can even board an airplane with one of those death traps. There is massive damage control being done by Samsung shills astroturfing the likes of Reddit, Twitter, and even our beloved Sup Forums.

SAMSHIT HOUSEFIRES

Is it really that big of a deal? I don't think anyone here is dumb enough to by samshit phones. At this point chink shit phones are better.

I mean people who own the phone have gotten a notification telling them about the recall. If some fucking idiot decides to keep using a phone that might kill them then so be it. Plus I'd wager to say that samshit will place a mandatory recall on them soon. The biggest issue right now is phone carriers not giving exchanges on phones that might blow up.

All the exploder phones had Samsung made batteries. The ones with Chinese (HK) made ones were fine.

Try to rush shit to market with insufficient testing to get an upper hand on a rival.

The Samsung and iPhone shills are the same people.

If I understand correctly Samsung manufactures most of the core components that make up the batteries and then they are assembled by contracted companies, and the blame is largely being put on one/some of these contracted companies because one/ones that assembled the batteries that were put into the China Note 7s didn't fuck it up.

If only AMD shills were this polite about the nvidia housefire meme

I'm going to throw a samsung s7 at the chicago towers screaming allahu ackbar today
wish me luck lads

Reported to the feds.

Not that they'll do anything since it is only Chicago.

Sup Forums is filled with google/linux shills that can't stand android (since they count it as gnu/linux market share) getting bad press. Better to keep quiet and talk about shit about some crappy headphone jack removal that nobody is forced to buy.

>android is Samsung
>people are forced to buy note 7

Samsung=/=Android

Thanks for proving their point

they're busy trying to make sure jeyquan isn't trying to catch an opp pack

Why is he holding a revolver and a clip in one hand?

You get what you pay for, droidfags.

My IPhone does not have this problem.

Faggot it's a mag

The Volkswagen diesel test thing was bigger.

I've had my iPhone 4s explode while charging lmao

Checking these numbers

EXPLODING PHONES

Holy shit jeeps ignite easily.

It's been recalled. And Samsung doesn't represent Android as a whole.

To take a funny picture, I doubt very seriously he took this under the assumption people would think it was real.

it is real, i had my car explode before while topping up the gas

Nothing to see here, the only manufacturing catastrophe in the last weeks is the iPhone 7.

Yeah, I really wonder why there are so many Apple bahing threads and so many people defending Samsung in threads about their issues.

Sup Forums Sup Forums isn't a big enough audience for them

He's black though. That makes me think his wants to look frightening to other niggers.

They've got enough money (and put enough into "advertising") to shill on every medium-sized technology platform.

pffft that's bs man
delete this because you're embarrassing yourself with these conspiracy theories kindly Sir

Jeeps catching fire isn't a new thing.

FU your quads mate that was supposed to be mine
>4445

Sup Forums has a majority contingent of samsung mobile owners and the board is 90% post purchase rationalisation, of course response is quiter

>the largest vendor of android phones specifically flagship phones, one that spends billions on advertising to compete against Apple doesn't represent android.

This is representative of the shilling that is on all sites.
The absolute downplaying and denial that spans tech sites is due to who is paying the bills.

It's a modified Android so it isn't technically "Android" just like iOS isn't really UNIX. True representative is the Google Nexus

Anyone who has ever used phone running a pure AOSP rom or any version of cm knows that Samsung makes some of the most fucking god awful cell phones available today. They are absolute garbage. So, it isn't really news that a shitty cell phone company made another shitty cell phone. Samsung main demographics is niggers anyway so who cares.

>50% of marketshare
>not associated with Android
t. Samsung defense force

Tomorrow we're crashing a samsung galaxy s7 into the trump towers
Allahu ackbar

>deflecting like ken from fist of the North Star

So if I buy a dell that is themed and has bloatware preinstalled it's not windows anymore?

>physical battery malfunctioning & exploding
>twist the news to blame android and praise apple
Okay.

In case you are braindead and you need to know what's the right thing to do here: you can hate on samsung for this, sure, but android has nothing to do.

I hope this kicks non removable batteries in the balls but likely not. Its cheaper to have them inside and the government probably pays them for making it easier to spy on people.

Other then that could have happened to anyone as it is a middleman putting those batteries together and lets not pretend this is the first time lithium bit us in the ass.

Samsung is (or was) the #1 smartphone manufacturer. For most people it is not iOS vs Android, but Apple vs Samsung.
As much as it sucks, Samsung is pretty much THE representative of Android. If Samsung fucks up, it drags down Android's reputation as a whole.

Simple example: Decent Android phones, especially with stock Android, stopped lagging long ago. Yet Samsung bloats its phones so much that despite having the most powerful hardware every year it still lags. Just remember the speed test that showed the Note 7 being slower than last years iPhone. People still blame Android for it.

No, then it would be delldows.

>jeep
and nothing of value was lost

>clip

Y'all working for Samsung or something? This much denial you could only see from the actual company who fucked up

>chicago towers

???

This.
They have the COURAGE to admit and repair their fault. Unlike certain other companies.

Other companies issues didn't threaten to burn your house down.

I would hardly call it one of the biggest manufacturing catastrophes in tech history

They shipped out defective batteries and now they're recalling them.
recalls really only happen if the product is a danger to consumers, so It seems reasonable

Whats all the fuss about? chinkshitgeneral has been dealing with exploding batteries since it started and nobody makes a big deal about it there

samshit shills were defending this shit when it happened

>They have the COURAGE to admit and repair their fault.

LMAO. THEY HAVE NO FUCKING CHOICE.

Dumbass, they literally sold an explosive incendiary device. If they ignore it, they'll be sued out of business, and every person involved will go to jail on serious criminal charges.

All it takes is some child to suffer life threatening burns, or a house to burn down killing it's occupants, and Samsung now has hundred million dollars lawsuits.

Not to mention, government regulators will step in and force them to recall.

Samdung dun fucked up, and it's fix it OR put up a going out of business sign up.

>chinkshitgeneral has been dealing with exploding batteries since it started and nobody makes a big deal about it there

a facebook grandmom isn't even on this level of autism

fukkkk, Sup Forumstards are some of the shilliest fanfags on teh webs.

>how this could of been prevented
Easy, stop manufacturing electronics in chink countries.

Why? Note 7 is the nuclear edition...

If you bring lithium batteries into your house thinking they're completely harmless, I think maybe ignorance is your bigger problem.

all lithium batteries are potential incendiary devices. Not sure why everybody is acting all surprised that this happens occasionally. My samsung galaxy s2 caught fire like this and nobody gave a shit. neither samsung nor my carrier. at least they're recognizing the problem and dealing with it this time.

>Samsung fucks up qc so badly that even that ruthless bunch of chinks see that they have no choice but taking the WHOLE PRODUCTION back
>Hey, guys, let's not talk about it ok?

Yeah, no Samshill.

>All batteries are dangerous! Nothing to worry about! Buy Samsung!

That's exactly right. Batteries are inherently dangerous.

I don't know why Sup Forums doesn't face reality

this is classic industrial sabotage and it was most likely perpetrated by Apple if you look at the timing

>2017
>Apple finally catches up with the market and the iPhone 7S finally gets its own exploding battery
>then people will talk about it

you're the only one shilling for samsung
Im just saying all lithium batteries can ignite

I specifically mentioned another samsung device that caught fire. your shillmongering is irritating, all you're doing is meme spewing

nobody here is trying to convince anybody to buy anything

Switched to a Note 5 from my Iphone 4s.

You know what? I literally fucking miss my old phone.

>chinkshitgeneral has been dealing with exploding batteries since it started and nobody makes a big deal about it there
because it's cheap fucking chinese shit that is basically expected to have some kind of flaw on this level???

not an overpriced device from a mainstream manufacturer people buy because they expect consistent quality, reliability, and zero (0) risk of being blown the fuck out by an exploding battery while surfing facebook???

goddamn you tards are fucking dumb

Next apple will recall all their faulty iphone7 and install the 3.5mm port in them right?

Meanwhile in Cupertino

>hardware problem
>blame software
You understand this, don't you?

How's the lag?

Not many people on Sup Forums are educated about manufacturing nor business.

Nov 22, 2013?
Do tey to keep up.
That was when Sammy got caught stuffing tech forums. Paid shills! Can you believe it?

Has anyone checked the explosive radius of it? That takes a lot to blow a car door out like that.

Removable batteries not coming back on American flagship phones

There's no consumer demand by normies.

It won't hurt SS anyway, because the people that buy samshit devices are the same people that want an iphone, but they've reached third wave nu-malism and have to be a special snowflake by being contrarian to their peers getting the most mainstream phone (iphone) and instead getting the second most mainstream phone (ss)

>stock Android, stopped lagging long ago

Yeah, after they finally got it up to 4+ GB of ram to combat all the bloatware

Sears Tower or the Hancock Center or something

>wants his super slow iPhone back

Should've done your research before buying.

Objectivily asking why??

Can someone photoshop a picture of an Arab carrying 20 Note 7's strapped to his chest threatening to plug in the charger?

GNU/NEETS

ARE
ON
FUCKING
ULTRA
GIGA
FINAL
SUICIDE
WATCH

YOU CAN'T EVEN BRING THE PHONE ON AFUCKING PLANE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Was it caused by people with drills trying to open up a headphone jack?

I told a guy that any Android phone could tether to a laptop with cell data to provide wifi, and he was disappointed, because he had a samsung.

In other words, OP is delusional.

>jeep on fire

nothing of value was lost here.

>Apple abandoning deprecated tech
It's not deprecated if only one manufacturer has decided to stop using it.

>Samsung damn near ruins the Android brand name, and not a peep?
Samsung does not represent all of Android. In case you weren't aware, HTC, Huawei, LG, Motorola, Oneplus, Sony, and Xiaomi are all still in the game, producing phones that suck less and don't catch fire.

In any case, we don't talk about this much because it's not exactly unique news. iPhones have had their problems with spontaneous combustion just the same in the past. Granted, not on as large of a scale, but it's what happens when you use Lithium Polymer batteries.

If Dell made a laptop that had a problem with exploding batteries, would it make reasonable sense to say, "don't buy Windows computers because the batteries will explode?" I mean granted, Dell is a fairly well-established maker of laptops running Windows, but there's a ton of other options. Similarly, there's a ton of other options in the Android phone market. I've probably met just as many owners of LG phones as I have who own Samsung phones.

*cough* LG G5 *cough*

Samsung is far and away the face of Android. When tech illiterates think Android, they think Samsung. More specifically, the awful s4 they ditched for an iPhone.

actually Sup Forums is talking about the biggest fuck up in tech history and possibly what will mark the downfall of established brand

because they all had to send in their phones and can't post