/hifi/

Hey Sup Forums.
I need some help.
What are the best speakers I can get for a budget of ~$1000.
I need 2 speakers for stereo.

Thought about getting pic related (Klipsch RP-280F).

Other urls found in this thread:

parts-express.com/solstice-mltl-reference-tower-speaker-kit--300-708
monitoraudiousa.com/products/silver/silver-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does that include the amplification and such, or literally just the speakers?

Just the speakers.
Already got amp and such covered.

Klipsch is garbage, build a Solstice MLTL

parts-express.com/solstice-mltl-reference-tower-speaker-kit--300-708

I'm lazy as fuck. Want something out of the box.

i reccomend JBL studios 530, very good speakers for under 1000$, and dont forget to buy an amp.

Bumping. I was going to grab a set of these on black Friday for my 7.2

God damn are they ugly. But pretty good price.
Here in yuroland we can get a pair of them for ~$563,40 it seems.

Also, does anybody know where to buy cheap stands for speakers?
Preferably inside EU.

Buy wharfedale

Intriguing. Good reasoning. Good job on naming specific models.

Buy bang olufsen

Buy wharfedale

Elac Uni-Fi

Do not buy elac

Buy b&w

monitoraudiousa.com/products/silver/silver-8

Easy choice

Congratulations, this is the worst audio gear thread I've ever seen on Sup Forums, and I've been shitposting here since Bush II was in power

all speakers sound the same.
only difference is when you listen to something with headphones/earphones.
just get a 5+1 logitech set.

Excellent floorstander but that's basically twice the budget.

This. Don't listen to the hifi memers who will try to convince you to buy diamond tweeters and 1 million dollar audio cables.

Kind of depends on the output power in watts of your amplifier.
Like in more efficient speakers vs. speakers requiring more power but posslibly more accurate.
>match you are components.

KEF LS50
$1500 but I don't think you can find anything close to that quality for that price

Axiom M60 v3
Magnepan Magneplanar MMG
Wharfedale Diamond 9.6
Energy Loudspeakers C-500
Cerwin Vega CMX 210

Yeah it's getting a bit tough to match up a response that shitty there unless you go for boutique brand.

>Magnepan Magneplanar MMG
No.

Oh really? Have you had a pair? I have. They were excellent and I've had towers that cost 3x as much as well as a pair of Nautilus 802s in my office.

I ask because I'm curious if you really know anything at all or if you're just repeating some meme you read about them. I'm curious if your uniformed opinion, if challenged, some how makes you feel invalidated personally.

I have pretty expensive stereo hifi with top of the line ss amp as well as vacuum tube setup. After comparing it to my new jbl studio setup(shit was like 600 total), I knew i got jewed by audiophile community. Sound is transparent and there are no coloration in sound. I like to pair it with vacuum tube preamp to give it a warmer sound profile since it sounds really sweet with vinyls.

Do yourself a favor and get high end studio recording speakers. If you want it to look "hifi" get local wood worker to wrap it in real wood veneer.

>Have you had a pair?
Nope, but sounds like you've had some shitty towers.

Summary of the bad in LS50:

-Bad on-axis response, very colored with broad swings throughout the band
-The "co-axial" driver's crossover transition is poor, much worse compared any decent two-way loudspeaker regardless of price. KEF themselves have better coincident drivers than this.
-Lateral dispersion is limited and uneven, considerably worse than the best competition which makes for below average directivity pattern

Oh, I stupidly assumed it would cost about the same in other parts of the world.

>nope

Ok so you were just talking directly out of your ass. Gotcha. Thanks for the honesty at least.

Post pic?

The problem with the Klipsch line of the kind in the photo is their poor design and drivers -- the drivers are cheap in terms of not-well-made, and the cabinetry is also sort of not well made. I've heard them in Magnolia (of Best Buy) and they have actually really bad midrange output and they sound muddy. If you really want to buy consumer tier speakers, consider the Sony line which is also sold in similar stores -- the Sony line isn't great, but it's not bad, and not real expensive. Comparing Klipsch to Pioneer to Sony in the Best Buy store, it was Sony 6/10, and Klipsch and Pioneer in a dead heat for 3/10. We are using Logitech as the standard at 2/10.

Otherwise, you'd be better off posting your amp, your musical tastes, the kind of media you use (CD, DVDs, mp3, wav) and how loud you like to play your music, and how large your room is.

If you post your approximate state in the US, I can find you some examples on craigslist in the next hour which may save you $500.

Building a kit from scratch and getting good results is extremely time consuming.

LSR305

he has an amp dummy

just turn it really low

Yeah I forgot the PE kits are literally just a pile of caps and shit. Madisound does pre-built crossovers

>Ok so you were just talking directly out of your ass. Gotcha. Thanks for the honesty at least.
Managed to miss my post after the first word or just having trouble understand it? I'll take the aspects of loudspeaker design and measured performance over your impressions on how they sounded in some random room we know nothing about any day as probably should everyone else looking to make an educated purchase.