Why the fuck, in 2016, manufacturers still selling many laptops with dual core CPU...

Why the fuck, in 2016, manufacturers still selling many laptops with dual core CPU? It is so difficult to install CPU quad-core?

$ 900-1000 for a Dual-Core laptop !! What the hell !!!!!

Anyone can Explain me this shit?
(Pic No Related, not only thinkpads have this problem)

Most Intel mobile CPUs, even going up to the i7u series are dual core. They're designed to fit the needs of most people, which is a few processes that need fast execution (read less cores and higher clocks). They also fit into a lower TDP range which is why we get great performance from

Because most of the market doesn't need more than that

Internet = Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, Wikipedia and Twitter, for 90% of users

You think dual-core it's enought for PLC Programming , design electrical circuits , office and internet it's enought?

Laptops were meant to be a power efficient devices that's why they are still using 2 core CPUs but fast and efficient than older desktop 4 core CPU.

You are absolutely right user. Most people do not need more than a laptop which is able to Run Firefox and Spotify at the same time.

>PLC Programming , design electrical circuits
But why on a laptop?

Need it for university , home-university

Battery life and heat management.
4 cores needs more copper for heat dissipation and more battery cells meaning more wheight and size, that is normaly not desirable in a portable machine.

Well that sucks, I guess, but you're a minority

Most people do work on desktops, and stationary workplaces are more comfortable in general

>Most people do work on desktops, and stationary workplaces are more comfortable in general

Me too realy , I never had a laptop but now i need one :(

Do like me.

Build a cheapo desktop off of secondhand parts slowly with the components people are selling from upgrading to the next-gen hardware.

Then get a used 13-15 inch business laptop/netbook for max 60 dollar. Use the latter for sitting in the library and making group powerpoints.

Join my comfy life.

I used to have a sony vaio 15 inch laptop with inbuilt nvidia card because I had to move between home and uni frequently. Left a bad taste in my mouth. When it wasn't choking up, it was overheating. I treated it badly by never shutting it down and letting it stay warm all night every night. The battery soon turned to shit and fucking sony's proprietary chip tech makes sure I had to return the aftermarket battery I bought.

I can do all of those things on a Core 2 Duo from 8 years ago just fine.

Can you Explain to me why you put spaces in front of all your punctuation?

Don't know my friend :S

all this autism

when will this Multi-core meme die?

first off most Applications only really use one core so single core performance is key.

secondly, think about this user. How often do you actually max out 2 cores (not to mention the hyper-threading) on a laptop?

If you need more horsepower get a desktop. laptops are aimed at low power consumption so you can quickly access things on the go.

>but now i need one
why do you NEED one?

to be fair facebook is heavier than some professional tools

and reddit is very unpopular

>most Applications only really use one core

this ain't 2005 anymore senpai

>$ 900-1000 for a Dual-Core laptop !! What the hell !!!!!
Do you have brain damage?

Try to find something better for this price...

Used dell precision or elitebook workstation.

> It is so difficult to install CPU quad-core?
great bait i'm triggered, fug

It's cheap and retards keep buying them.

ok can you provide an example? I'm well aware that it's 2005 + 11

dont quad cores use more inergee

Yes it is.

If you want moar coars, just buy Alienware. I heard they run very cool