Do you raise your keyboard's feet or not?

Do you raise your keyboard's feet or not?

keyboard feet are disgusting

Yes

No. That way lies wrist pain, slow typing, and discomfort. Just put it down flat if you are a human being with human wrists. Also, get a wrist rest.

Nope. They're usually made of painted/dyed crackers and fracture upon touch.

The feet should be at the front. Your fingers naturally slope downwards when you hold your hands in front of you. MS Natural Keyboard 4000 gets this right.

Feet at the back is retarded skeuomorphism (copying a technical limitation from mechanical typewriters).

No, it's a lot better with no feet.

>things only 50+ year old people do

My laptop does it for me

Only the left one.

For what purpose?

HE QUIC BROWN OX UMP OVER HE Z OG

Nah, I have a model M

The right corner rests on top of the monitor base, so I raise the left one to level it.

No (Ducky Shine 3 Slim already has slightly elevated THICC rubber feet)

Yes but thye break very easily

I never do so under any circumstances, and you shouldn't either, unless you like carpal tunnel syndrome. In fact, I wish keyboards had feet in front instead of in back.

Wrist rests are equally as bad as the feet.

>ZOG

OY VEY

>Wrist rests are equally as bad as the feet.
You want to keep your wrists level and tension-free. It's the strain that causes RSI, nothing more. The more relaxed your wrist is, the less harm you're doing.

By resting your wrist on a wristrest so it's level with your keyboard, instead of having to hold it there by tensioning your muscles, you're doing yourself a great favor.

no, because I broke one feet mistakengly

Of course. It's uncomfortable to type without it raised, and I don't want get a RSI. How do you people type with your wrists so strained?

Answer's simple: They simply don't type much.

They're made for people who can't touch type yet and need to see the keys.
You might make a different use of it though, personally I prefer them down on my already slightly slant keyboard.

Flexing your wrist (bending it "down") is far less stressful, effortful, unnatural, and damaging than extending it (bending it "up.") This is why the feet are bad.

>The feet should be at the front.

I sense truth in this post.

>tfw you just realized your keyboard has feet
>tfw within 30 seconds you put them down
disgusting

No, Apple charges $50 more for keyboards with feet.

Yes, but the feet on my Leopold are pretty short so it's not a big difference.

Putting pressure on your carpal tunnel increases the chances of inflammation. Rest your palms, not your wrists.

My palms are literally the only thing touching the wrist wrest. I don't have freakish superhuman hands

I used not to bother when i was into cheap membrane keyboard because the feet would just break after a day anyway.
Nowdays i use it on my mech because the feet feels solid.

I had them up for the longest time but recently put them down and I like it better that way.

>why is this post highlighted?
>oh right, my fetish.

No. Keyboard feet are not for ergonomics, they are to see the keyboard better. And because I'm a virgin, I touch type, and you should, too.

I like feet.

broke one, and not i can't find the broken part to super glue it.

so i am feetless now.