RIP Slackware

RIP Slackware

>I am being laid off by my employer, IBM. Jobs in the Netherlands move to lower-wage countries like Poland and India, while IBM changes course towards a “cognitive” future in which there is less interest in the traditionally skilled technical IT jobs.

>I am the sole provider of income for my family, so I will have to work hard to find a new job ASAP [...] This will of course affect the time I can spend on Slackware. I commonly spend nearly every after-work hour on packaging, scripting and assisting people online and via email. That stops now. I do not have the luxury anymore of exercising my favorite hobby this extensively.

Other urls found in this thread:

alien.slackbook.org/blog/priorities/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot link

alien.slackbook.org/blog/priorities/

Unsubscribe

let's start a patreon for him

and nothing of value was lost

>I commonly spend nearly every after-work hour on packaging, scripting and assisting people online and via email
ahahahaha oh wow what a fucking pathetic wagecuck and he doesn't even get paid for it ahahahaah

>implying Eric is the benevolent dictator.

Sad news for the oldest Linux distro

This.

F

Seriously though, I hope he gets a job soon, letting the oldest distro die is like letting people kick puppies or something.

Open source software doesn't die it just goes unmaintained. If there's any interest in preserving it then it will live on.

Slackware will be around, but without the best member.
>also pajeets

so now pajeets also start killing linux distros?

Does this mean Slax is kill too?

another victim to capitalism

>Third worlders move to west for jobs
>Jobs move to third worlds
pottery

Good riddance to the Windows of the Linux distros.

It's creative destruction bae. Pajeet does the work for less so you better get creative or your life will be destruction.

On the up-side, there's no doubt that the future is a multicultural society free of hate because apparently whites are too prissy to take lower paying jobs. Therefor you will die out while we continue onward into the future.

Third worlders with some technical background move to the west and take jobs requiring a technical background. Less experienced ones stay in the third world and take the shittier jobs. The rest of the jobs are being automated.

dey took his jerb!

You wouldn't be seeing the jobs go to immigrant labor if you didn't demand six figures to make CRUD apps.

>Slackware
>The Windows of Linux distros

Improving via cost efficient labor. Can you imagine how expensive tech would be if only prissy white people worked those jobs?

slackware is GNU/Linux for windows users.

think about it:
- you have to install every program, besides the most basic ones, from some homepage after you downloaded it individually
- installing things takes time and often will break your system
- upgrading to new versions successfully relies on 99% sheer luck
- slackware had its naming scheme altered by skipping from slackware 4 to slackware 7. like windows did multiple times as well, changing from version to year-based release names to simple names to version names again.
- slackware still retains the same basic functions without any real innovation like windows does since 1.0. all they add is some more blingbling in the DE.
- slackware users are uncaring, egoistic children that think they are being clever for using a cumbersome operating system for a mundane reason. in windows, that is "GAEMS!!!!", in slackware "NO DEPENDENCY MANAGEMENT MEANS FREEDOM!!!"
- they both have their own operating system cult leaders. bill gates vs that volkerding guy
- slackware and windows both dont care about support for architectures other than x86. only lately, after lots of nagging and threats, they have released a half-assed 64-bit version that breaks constantly. ARM, PPC, they all will never see any slackware or windows on them.

SLACKWARE = GNU/WINDOWS

it's not the death of slackware
just a few slackpkgs going unmaintained for a while

yes goy, you must work for less, but remember that your boss/CEO always deserves more. the wealth trickles down you see :^)

Bosses make less now too because they are also Indians willing to work for less. :^)

I see what you mean. I thought you meant in terms of simplicity and ease of use.

but slackware doesn't have the svchost.exe equivalent known as systemd, so how can it be windows?

>GAEMS!!!!

I thought you were describing Arch for a moment

>I am being laid off by my employer, IBM.
I guess the last IBM employee that mattered enough for tech support included took up the free mac offer. This guy was literally working as phone tech support for Windows machines at IBM.

I have to hand it to you Panjeeb, you guys know exactly how to get liberals on your side and win. We, the breeding and productive whites, take our hats off to your ingenuity. You and China have managed to take our nation nearly out from under us without a shot fired because you knew who to appeal to and whose palms needed greasing along the way.

I do regret the fact my kids are a minority in their own country and that their future is uncertain, but I can't do anything about it short of admire the view from the precipice.

>svchost.exe equivalent known as systemd

You really need to learn what svchost and systemd are before you say this online any more. I know you probably read it on the Gentoo forums, taking it as fact and think it's a great little insult but it really makes you look like you have downs syndrome.

the truth is that systemd is not only an init system anymore, but already a larger part of the operating system itself due to the bloat, backdoors, and 9000 unnecessary features therein

>I am sacrificing one of my desktop computers to an install of CentOS 7 and will spend a lot of time training for a RHCE re-certification.

All these years he talk shit about systemd and now it's the only thing he will be able to use to feed his wife and kids lmfao.

>the truth is that systemd is not only an init system anymore
It never was just an init system and never claimed just to be one. You're literally making stuff up just to complain about the stuff you made up. Seek professional help.

Still quite bad those tech jobs are the entry for alot of people.
And at some point it'll be really hard to get their foot in for new people.
Outsourcing is gonna fuck us over in the long run.

systemd is marketed as an init system replacement, not as systemd/Linux

It is nice of you to be a good sport. Honestly I don't want your people to vanish into the ether. I just find it absolutely flooring how many of you don't see the forest anymore for the trees. You have all these high flying ideas about economy, society, progress, and technology yet you do not seem to grasp the ebb and flow of the river you constructed.

You have corporate aristocrats every bit as powerful as our brahmin bureaucrats but yours sell your people out while ours mostly look out for the future of our people even when they are not in the homeland.

It's not sustainable, eventually the whole thing is going to fall apart and if there's a lot of people left with nothing it wont end well. Universal basic income will probably be the eventual solution regardless. The problem with that is that it comes at the cost of personal freedom.

It's more complex than that

>The issue with involuntary lay-off in the Netherlands is that IBM must abide by dutch law. They are not able to point at certain people and say “I want to keep this one because we need him”. Dutch law enforces a “mirroring principle” which protects younger employees from a “last in, first out” move. The law dictates that the company must create a matrix of functional groups and age groups and in every cell, the same percentage of people is laid-off: the ones with less years of employment are the first to go onto the list. This ensures that the age diversity will not change because of the lay-offs.

Cute of you to think the Basic Income welfare system is going to be implemented under the coming multicultural society.

I can tell you as an Indian who has lived most of his life with diversity, we have hundreds of ethnic groups and languages, that you will not get more of the high-cohesion social and economic policies you desire.

Either you will do as India did in the 20th century to stem unrest, which is tribal welfare fiefdoms to pacify the most violent factions, or you get blade-runner Hong-Kong and Singapore style capitalism where the bottom rung of the ladder is the concrete gutter and nobody dares to help because they worry for their own.

Personal freedom operates on an entirely different axis. Many liberties depend on culture and so it will depend on how the balance of cultures in your societies as to which become normative and dominant. I have a strong feeling that Europe will submit to the dominant and forceful Sunni muslim culture. In America it will probably be competitive enough that many different provinces have different levels of personal freedom.

So Eric was another victim of muh diversity

When is this madness going to end?

Diversity is a logical consequence of european culture which holds itself in the lowest regard.

It will end when the majority of political powers are held by non-Europeans who either take pity on their naive European charge or sweep them away.

Bunch of racist shit. Go back to Sup Forums asshole. Nobody is sweeping the white people away. Nazi conspiracies don't belong here.

Could you fuck off back to otherchan and stay there? Thanks.

>windows
>simplicity
>ease of use.

I live in London mate, he's not a conspiratard. We are being driven out of our own cities.

Fucking slag leaver wank piece of shit. No you are not fuck right off. This bullshit does not belong here. Stop fucking up my Sup Forums.

RIP in pepperoni

>being this hostile and emotional about bare facts
You're not going to do well in the near future.

kys

Nah, just private property doing its thing. It's natural.

Communists brought the third world here and now blame capitalism for it. Go figure. At least corporate control over the military ensures a commie genocide soon.

this thread about slackware is taking a real dark turn

tell me about it.

> Please accept these insane things I'm saying as cold rational "fact", because I was stupid enough to fall for Stormfront propaganda that told me so.

shhhh dont tell him, he and the other retards might stop working for free if they found out.

>Jobs in the Netherlands move to lower-wage countries like Poland and India
>Poland and India

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Why are whites so lazy and racist?

Why can't he just make a living off of slackware? Surely linux users give back to the community and not just take from it? :^)

Daily reminder that Windows now have bash. There is no reason to utilize Linux.

Except using up to date Ruby. And a lot of open source software not releasing Windows binaries.

>>using the smiley with a caret nose
Fixed.
You really mean circumflex, right?

Only irrelevant software are not release to Windows.

I plan to keep using 8.1

So that's useless to me

it's funny how slackware shits pretend to be the oldfags of the internet but they can't seem to pick up on 8 year old copypasta

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Indian thread now.

>I am the sole provider of income for my family

And now you're fucked because you enable women to be lazy. Good job, live and learn.

Your wife has to work. Lol cucked.

So you married a "working girl," huh?

>Open source Linux distribution
>private property

Shh shh, let the stupid commies get their feels out. It's cathartic.

Why do Indians take so many technology jobs but don't contribute to Linux?

>It's a facts are racist episode
You know a large amount of Sup Forums have Sup Forums views, right?

she's getting fucked in the supply cupboard user

We're busy fucking your wife and taking over your country.

it's not like slackware has been used by anyone seriously within the las 15 years

Fuck Slackware. It's unstable. Pat went full retard and put pulseaudio in. Fuck slackware.