PSA: do not ever buy AMD

PSA: do not ever buy AMD

I just ditched AMD and switched to the superior Nvidia offerings, AMD really is a joke nowadays

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaFKGwrdxXI
pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html
geforce.com/drivers/results/106780
twitter.com/AnonBabble

even elon jobs said AMD sucks :^)

I just ditched Nvidia and switched to the superior AMD offerings, Nvidia really is a joke nowadays

Tbh Advanced Micro Devices is the better company for the majority of the market. Only when it comes to the high end they sack off. Their CPUs are very good for multi threaded work loads. Sometimes beating out more expensive Intel CPUs. Hopefully zen will be as good as they say.

I recently switched back to AMD, but they still have shit drivers compared to Nvidia.

damn I made this thread like a day ago and it's still up, /d/ is dead

Damn, Nvidia sure has some unpaid shills working for them here

this is you after getting some AMD treatment

Are you 14?

you're a cunt m8

I've never had any amd processor or card die on me

I've had two nvidia cards die on me

I'm [spoiler]18[/spoiler]

not that it's any of your concern, for all I know you are probably asking for some 14 year olds to come into your naked puzzle base you AMD freak, get help

/thread

AMD is best for price:performance ratios and the average enthusiast who doesn't have limitless funds.

wtf I hate AMD now. Well guess I'm part of the #GreenTeam now

#TheWayItsMeantToBePlayed™

>I'm [spoiler]18[/spoiler]
Don't lie, junior

The way your meant to be cucked

Yes thank you I'm glad someone finally had the courage to say it. I also switched to Team Green and I couldn't be happier. My electricity bill was half what it normally is this month and my room is 10 degrees cooler. AMD really should just die.

>power consumption meme
>heat meme
falling for the memes, i guess thats why you chose nvidia

He's just too young to remember fermi

>buy nvidia product
>receive blurry or missing textures/physics
youtube.com
/watch?v=aIbSeMcsOqA
youtube.com/watch?v=FVb25eomcrI

no thanks famalam. still planning a freesync + vega upgrade.

this

RX 470 has a 120W TDP, lower than a GTX 970

I switched because I couldn't wait for Vega and Nvidia really isn't that great. Nvidia control panel looks like it came from the XP era and takes forever to load compared to Crimson. Also yeah, first thing I did when I got this 1080 was load up Doom and fucking hell everything looked like shit just like the second link here Tried looking up a fix but I guess some people just don't have it? Some say drivers fixed it but I'm using the latest.

if your display is connected with hdmi it's probably set to limited color gamut.

Finally people start noticing that nvidia is ditching quality for speed.

Not even the first time they were caught.

Rendering less snow:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaFKGwrdxXI

^That's not even the first time either

Sup Forums said I should buy a GeForce GTX 950

Is this a good card? My current card is from 2008, so this one is literally 15 times as fast.

Im looking to spend about a hundred bucks and im fine with playing games on low.

I literally just this morning had to fix my AMD graphics card because its poorly designed heatsink got filled with dustbunnies. Every time I tried to play a game it overheated and shut my computer down.

I had to go in there with tweezers and pull a layer of dusty felt off the intake and reinstall. Dont tell me they never die. Also a lot of that is going to be the manufacturer anyway.

Should I get an rx480?
In using it for a mini itx so I can only get the blower version, how fucked would I be

Nvidia hates Linux and doesn't make drivers for it

I love how AMD SHILLS mentions this issue but the Ashes developers came out and commented on the issues being a driver problem THAT WAS ALREADY FIXED by the time AMD made this conference not to mention that there was NO PERFORMANCE PENALTY ONCE IT WAS FIXED.

AMD used old beta drivers on this comparison while a newer driver had been available for almost TWO WEEKS ALREADY, what is even more dirty on AMD part is that they didn't even made that benchmarks with weeks in advance like you would expect them since this is a conference you would expect them to make slides, videos, benchmarks et cetra with weeks in advance, so you could excuse them for having using an older driver BUT NOT NO AMD, Ashes hold a database for every benchmark, people found out the user for the benchmarks AMD showcased on the 480 presentation and they were made a few days early, AMD INTENTIONALLY USED NVIDIA BETA DRIVERS EVEN THOUGH THE STABLE DRIVER HAD BEEN AVAILABLE FOR WEEKS TO MAKE THE 480 LOOK BETTER..

You what? That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about

Don't worry dog, I've got a vga to hdmi converter.

it is you idiot. 99% of the complaints about bad image quality on nvidia cards is because it defaults to limited color gamut.

Let's hope vega won't be a microstutterfest

vega is just scaled up poolaris. the stuttering and latency issues are a problem inherent to GCN.

This. AMD and GCN are garbage. Hopefully they'll die before Vega is released like a shit on an Indian street.

No problemos with my freesync monitor :^)
good thing AMD made these affordable

You'll have to buy at least 2 Nvidia "upgrades" before 1h 2017. Im fine with waiting

>AMD pushing free and open source standards
>nvidia closed source and proprietary

>AMD pushes poo out onto Indian streets
>Nvidia releases quality products
really makes you think

>freetard product is garbage
>prorietary product just works

It works until async comes into play :^)
better get ready to upgrade that 1080 of yours, goy

OP I plan to buy a rx 480 and build an AMD only desktop and there is nothing you can do about it

Daily reminder Nvidia will have no drivers

pcworld.com/article/2993272/software-games/nvidia-plans-to-lock-game-ready-drivers-behind-geforce-experience-registration.html

0/10, no effort.

Apply yourself.

Get a gtx 1060

AMD is love
switch from Jewvidia

Ever since I updated my drivers, If I don't remember to reset my overclocks to default before I restart my PC it will boot into a black screen, forcing me to uninstall the driver through safe mode every time.

My 290X is still a pretty decent performer today, something I can't say if I stuck with the 780ti I originally had. AMD has shitty drivers but longer support, Nvidia has better drivers but with planned obsolescence.

I can't win.

Legit, AMD is complete and total shit

This is not even true though. For example, take the 1060, it's the same price as the 480 but much much better.

Nvidia is better in the low end AND the high end.

don't be a shill
Here's what you do
Buy what you think will work best based on factual statements at the time alongside price
In doing so you'll not only get the most from your system but also the most bang for your buck.

And what is this opinion of yours based on? Yeah, thought so too

A lot of you in this thread complain about the AMD drivers but those are actually the only reason I always go with AMD cards.

The radeon and radeonsi drivers work really well and they are a standard part of all the GNU/Linux distributions. nvidia won't even help with documentation while AMD has people who actually write code.

It is not much better. They perform pretty much the same when looked at objectively

I can guarantee the only non-trash console will be the Nintendo NX, and it's the only console using a Nvidia chipset.

Coincidence, i think not. Nvidia technologies are the only platform that allow developers do more, create more ambitious games, and keep the dream alive.

Nvidia™ The gamer's choice™ Dare to Dream games™

Doom looks sweet with my 1080.
I use a DP though

This is why 1% lows are important and most tech sights fail to test.
60fps from that furyX probably feels like 45fps from that 1070.

DESU Senpai it's only open if other companies can use it, AMD are just releasing this stuff under the pretence that it's open when they are the only company that can use it.

Can i use free sync with my intel graphics or nvidia graphics? nope, don't think so.

lol

My old 2008 dual core intel beats my shitty 2014 quad-core amd at rendering in blender.

Did you even look at what was linked in the post I quoted you dumb sack of shit? It has nothing to do with that. I already have that setting fixed and I didn't even play Doom through the HDMI port.

Look how fucking old that article is. Update your bait.

>he's to poor to buy an nvidia card

lmao

>Doom looks sweet with my 1080.

Have you played with an AMD card? I loaded it up with my 480 before I got this thing and it actually looked better on high than ultra/nightmare does with the 1080 because of whatever bug this is. I can see it might not be noticeable if you hadn't seen it without the blurry textures though since it comes off as almost like a soft blur.

Same with AOTS, nvidia is missing textures/effects.
>paying more for worse iq

>how fucking old
>not even a year ago
LOL

I know some people were saying Nvidia's drivers fuck with the rendering of some games to synthetically achieve better FPS

nice meme pooinloodrone

>Almost a full year old
>Still relevant

Thats because at the buffet of graphics options, Nvidia is mean green and lean. It samples only the best so it can run faster than all the rest.

AMD is a consumer option in the purest sense, it vacuums everything on the buffet up, offering it all up, and as a result is slow, lumbering and frequently stumbles.

And Performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty meaningless bullshit effects.

Of course that performance has a cost, after a couple of years that nvidia card is a little tired, and needs to be replaced much like a pony express horse. But it's well worth it for another year or two of sprinting.

If you don't mind the noise, then go for it Amada

What case would it be in? Any extra fan aiding it?

Concider also getting a mitx 1060, in smaller spaces they run a tad cooler

that is strategic stuttering that increases the average fps without affecting the perceived peformance

>Hopefully they'll die
...Do Nvidiots realize how totally fucked we all are if we lose AMD?

lol

>this is what ayymdtards actually believe

Nvidia would be able to make better products if they didn't have to spend so much money on marketing to keep a boot on poo in loo throats. Same with Intel. AYYMD dying would be good for the tech industry. All they're doing is holding it back simply by existing.

This is something graphics driver developers, on both sides as far as I know, have been doing for ages. The insane practice should hopefully die off with Vulkan because there isn't really room to fuck around the relationship between the command issued and the actual result.

...What use are better products when you're the only option anyway?

Reminder that you buy a brand, not better quality.

What are you talking about? The 780ti isn't lacking linux drivers. Proprietary yes, lacking drivers no. I'm a AMD fan and all but the reason I bought a 1060 is the solid linux drivers and performance. I was gonna give the RX490 a try but AMD let me down. The aftermarket 1060's are in my desired performance range since I already have a collection of dx11/opengl titles.
Get your facts right at the least before paddling FUD.

geforce.com/drivers/results/106780

Pooinloo AMD vs NVIDIA hunworks™

Oh and here's another bug I'm encountering now.

My RX 480 had that cursor bug (how do you fuck this up again after fixing it on Hawaii?) and now I go to Nvidia and get this bullshit. Everyone fucking sucks.

>having a dirty PC
>not having dust filters on intakes

is this b8