/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

good-stuffs.com/Shanghai_c_13.html
meranom.com/
chistopolcity.com/
amazon.com/Vostok-Chistopol/b/ref=w_bl_sl_ap_wa_web_10970939011?ie=UTF8&node=10970939011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Vostok Chistopol
ebay.ca/cln/bwink860/steel-bagelsport/84311671019
jrcomputing.com.au/Set_Watch/Set_Watch_Manual.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for SHITTERRR

nice man was just looking at this one :pppppppppp

Nice dude it's a pretty good buy for $300 :^^^^^

An Aussie user posted this Raketa in the last thread, does anyone have a model number for it? Also, best place to buy Ruskie/Raketa/Vostocks?

There are old catalogs with model numbers scanned on Raketa's website, but finding one by model number is pretty much impossible.

Then why the fuck would anyone by ETA?

I mean, if you buy more than one watch that's not quartz then you're bound to have to wind it if you alternate.

So if I buy an ETA I'm basically destroying it unless I wear it every day.

watch winder bro

you only need to wind it enough to start it
then wear it

God fucking damn it then what is a small winder that is virtually unnoticeable?

The new in house movt is cool, but why did they have to ruin the looks with CHRONOMETER

it's almost not worth it to get the new movement

There's plenty of single watch winders that's just a box that holds 1 watch. But IMO they aren't worth it for the prices they come at. I got this 4 watch winder that doubles as a watch box for $76. It's almost what you have to pay for a single watch winder anyways.

Also does this only affect automatics?

What about pure mechs?

>Bitching autismally to justify why you don't have nice things

Any Mechanical chink watch for a poor student?

Please help me c:

Greetings from Chile

Pretty sure no one has broken a Vostok komadirskie from winding it too much before.

Russian's make the cheapest decent watches. The Chinese made shitters like PARNIS are actually better and more expensive.

Link? (ebay Aliexpress, amazon, etc)

Thanks

There's Shanghai for cheap chinese:

good-stuffs.com/Shanghai_c_13.html

They're like the HMT of China. Acrylic crystal, cheaply made but thin 17 jewel hand-wind only movement (likely a Citizen clone like HMT).

For Russian watches:
meranom.com/
chistopolcity.com/

Or even Amazon carries Vostok now:
amazon.com/Vostok-Chistopol/b/ref=w_bl_sl_ap_wa_web_10970939011?ie=UTF8&node=10970939011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Vostok Chistopol

Bagelsports used to be meme here a while back too:
ebay.ca/cln/bwink860/steel-bagelsport/84311671019

They are cheap $35 luxury watch clones from China. Most people have had good experience owning these as long as it arrives working. Personally I don't trust the quality enough to buy one.

>chistopolcity.com/
Thanks!!

>"""homage""" of a Rolex Milgauss

I thought Rodina was bad.

Do atomic radio emulator websites actually work?

jrcomputing.com.au/Set_Watch/Set_Watch_Manual.html

Does anyone know one that doesn't use java?

Ugh.. RC watches... sounds like a good idea until it doesn't work. I would rather just get thermo-compensated quartz instead. They are pretty cheap nowadays and can be obtainable from a Swiss brand for ~300.

I woke up today and my RC watch was way off for some reason, that's why I'm trying to get it to sync through a website since I don't have a broadcast tower near me.

I wanted a new watch and grabbed one of these for the time being. I'm honestly just about to keep it as my daily driver cause its comfort as fuck to wear.

Can't you set it manually?

I could. I just wanted the most accurate time as possible. What might be a good website to sync my time off of manually?

That was probably josef by another name.
I would recommend samun_povt
I have bought 4 watches from him and not an issue with any of them.

No.
When you want to wear it gently sway from side to side for 30 fucking seconds. Set the time and go about your fucking day you lazy prick

time.gov

Is this the Ocean One Vintage Red?

Thanks friend

it's the gen one version

the new one has a really grey dial and it doesn't look that good

That's what I thought. y u gotta ruin this steinhart

they also ruined their milsub with the same color

I want a Certina thermo-compensated quartz watch.

yuk

25k CDN for a basic AP 15400. We get so fucked here in Canada, then throw 13% tax on that here in Ontario. The new VC Overseas is 26k here.

Holy shit. Mirin

If you covered the logo on that VC & said it was so new Komandirskie I wouldn't question it.

Any experiences?

That was me, I went to sleep before you replied

I bought it from Ebay, which is probably the best place to buy a similar watch. I can't give you a specific model and I think hunting for an exact copy would be hard, especially with a language barrier. It is hard to find specific Soviet watches in huge numbers besides a few makes and models, such as Vostok afibias, poljot de lux and raketa big zero

There are a few good people to buy from, it appears most of them make a living from selling ex Soviet watches. The leather strap that most come with will be pretty shitty,

Give the photos a close look to inspect any wear and tear. It is sometimes a thing to put together the movements from a couple of different watches, like building a watch out of parts, if this concerns you make sure there is a photo of the movement in the listing. Ask me anything mate, I always lurk these threads, usually post with this name on but I haven't been lately

Dealimg with offical boutiques is way to expensive in Australia as well. Not a fan of that vacheron, I prefer patek the most compared to the other two in the trinity, except for the fuck ugly nautalis

Better value can be had my friend

vc overseas, the one genta piece that wasn't a genta.

I much prefer the AP / nautilus.

15202st > 15400st, just saiyan.

Can someone explain to me why such an astronomical proportion of /wt/ posters are from southern Ontario?

It's actually quite absurd.

Anyone know of a dive watch that is in 38mm?

Wouldn't a 42mm watch, for example, the SKX007, look tacky on a 6 inch wrist?

I want a dive watch due to them being, for practical purposes, waterproof, as well as the higher quality materials and decent looks.

You sir are correct. I already ordered the 15202st. Dunno when it'll arrive but it's paid already.

Be sure to post pics once you get it. If I had $20k to blow it'd be between the chronometre bleu and the 15202st. For now I'll be content with the autodromo that I'm pretty sure takes some inspiration from the AP.

>tfw Sup Forums goes down for 45 minutes

the horror

Christopher Ward do 38mm versions of their C60 Trident watches.

Here's a pic of my 38mm Trident 300.

Like the king seiko Friendo. What sort of strap is that? Need to get one for my lm special and I like the look of yours

Vostok ampibias are technically divers. They don't have the cliche diver look to them. You need to get a new one for it to be water proof enough for diving

Seiko skx013? I think. There is a skx that is 38mm. It is still 13mm thick so it looks a bit strange though

try etsy for raketa 1970, I've seen this one many times

thank you both, that christopher ward watch is nice, but my budget is $300

gonna go with the skx013, thank you very much

i need a watch that I can use in central america, not even trolling or anything.
I want to be able to not have to worry about it while outdoors during the rainy seaosn

Wrist check

I'm not sure what you are going to get up to with the watch, but if you are actually doing a bit of work, like on a shovel or something it might be a better idea to get a Quartz watch. The 7s26 movement isn't the best at taking a beating (don't take that as gospel)

Fine enough for most stuff, but if you are doing repeated work where it could get damaged it might not be a good idea

Working with it would be fine, but having it on your wrist while you dig trenches with a mattock or something will give you some accuracy issues. It should be fine for you though, for some reason I'm picturing you working in a shitty cointry doing hard labour

Classic

I recently got a two piece Eulit Palma Pacific strap in grey, very comfortable. I haven't been in these threads for a couple of months. What's the current forced memewatch?

Thanks m8. It's my work watch.

thanks for the heads up, and yes funny you mention hard labor and gospel

I am a dual citizen and I am (once I get through college and seminary) going to be a minister

anyways, I am making a list of everything I will need in the future, and one of those things I am doing right now is buying all the watches I will ever need for my whole life, while I can get them at cheaper prices here

so far, my list is

>snk809
>a 2nd f91
>citizen bm8180
>skx013
>any g shock
>any dress watch for formal occasions
>multiple straps and batteries

I am currently in the process of getting rid of my material possessions as well

personal blog over, thanks again for the reply though. I knew there was a small version of the skx007, i just couldn't remember the model

>religion

Did you draw this yourself? Why does it look like that?

A178WA with nato or perlon y/n?
also is there something as simple and small as F105W-1A but without 50% of the face being a spec sheet?

After replacing the battery in my timex weekender, water got in and the illumination stopped working. will it ever recover after i take steps to thoroughly dry it out? (gentle heating while surrounded by silica gel packets)

i used to be the kind of person who would browse Sup Forums every day, there is no one whom is beyond the reach of god

been here for 6 years

WOW!!

I have the same clock construction in a slightly different design and it is about 40 years old. I had no idea they still made these.

What's the most versatile analog watch that will last me for my uni career. It has to adapt to partying, running/exercise, and light to medium factory work.

Budget 100$
Though I'm open to spending more

ePaper watch has limitations as in fine and curved lines will look jagged.

>Budget 100$
>Though I'm open to spending more
then your budget isn't 100$

It's an 18mm Nomos Horween shell cordovan strap.

Okay
$100-$150

Thats my budget

I just want quality. I dont want to spend 100 on a watch that will not suit my lifestyle and break.

Anybody bought the Komandirskie 1965 reissue? Is it worth the money build-wise?

>fake gold
no thanks

It's probably real plating.

shit man - im almost ready to bite on one of these
the comfort yeah

had one circa 1982

ok .. produced since 1991 .. a bit later
had 1 tho. remember staring @ it all the time in school - watching my life bleed away

Maybe you had an F-84W?

Pic related from an user yesterday.

Just got a nice 1-piece strap.

I'm using one for over a decade because simple and comfy. I have better watches for other occasions though.

The band of mine ripped last week on one side, replaced it with a steel one from another fugly Casio I had for now until I get another one of those. Not sure if I like the current look though.

Forgot pic

This annoying uncentered shit is triggering me...

I find this the most attractive of watches.

But is there any substance?
I have a friend who lives in Tokyo I could always ask him to buy one and bring it to me next time he comes home.

The original rubber strap on my Citizen (pic related) got destroyed very rapidly despite a sedentary NEET lifestyle.
I replaced it with a very plain rubber strap that has lasted much better even though I'm no longer a NEET.

But I'd like to replace the rubber with something else, what should I get?

Look at the time it's displaying.

There are movements which flick the date over instantly, but the majority don't.

It's 15 minutes to midnight in that picture so the date is changing. It's not 'uncentered.'

As far as analogue-display quartz goes, that's a very good choice.

>As far as analogue-display quartz goes
Is quartz a bad thing?
I have an automatic mechanical right now but it was my first watch

The Oceanus is supposedly solar powered so it doesn't need a new battery all the time

Model name?