wakaba.c3.cx/docs/docs.html#KarehaQuickStart
pcpartpicker.com/list/GdJBLD
webupd8.org/2010/10/create-bootable-windows-7-usb-drive.html
pastebin.com/C5HE1akk
gyazo.com/3717c4f7a54ef2263013375a612c3856
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

!ACHTUNG!
guys this is important i need a command on windows to

>copy a list of directories and subfiles/folders including ones om different drives
>see their total size
>copy them to a directory on another drive

>>>
T H A N K S

...Is this a thread where we ASK stupid questions, or greentext about stupid questions?

Fairly certain I have the former moreso than the latter.

Is there a way to get a digitally signed version of the 7-zip msi installer? The one on their website isn't.

xcopy

you can scrub dir for filesizes I guess. Is this supposed to be a .bat file?

Working Daz loader link where? MDL isn't working

Going to be buying a new PC soon so a bunch of stupid questions:

Is there any reason to buy a 6700k over 6600k if I don't really have any use for it now but would like to make my PC reasonably future proof? It's a bit out of my budget but I'm tempted.

What PSU should I get if I plan to upgrade to SLI 1070's in the future? Would 650w be safe or do I need more power?

And a more speculative question, when can we expect 1070 prices to come down? They're still a rip-off.

what is the absolute best AMD card i can buy at this time for under 300$

inb4 >AMD

Does anyone have an image or images of Mac OS 7.6? I need it to update to 7.6.1. Thanks.

Sapphire Nitro 480, should run you $275 or so

i found this powershell command but I keep getting this, what have I done wrong?

Is it just me, or do you also experience continual anal leakage for some time after you take a shit?

Forgot his name

Can I get a comfy programming job or any IT job with a game development degree? I'm rethinking my choice of degree

A quick reverse image search will help you out.

It's just you and those fat Walmart people

I need a new laptop for school that can also run software for productivity fairly well; programming languages, fl studio, gamemaker like the shit i bought off humble bunde. Things like that.

And yeah, I know, >laptop but the portability is useful and building a proper tower isn't my highest priority right now and i need portability.

what can you guys recommend for different price ranges?

Trying to create a message-board with Kareha. Does anybody know where I dump all of the files to? /public/html/ or /home/? sorry for my bad english.

source: wakaba.c3.cx/docs/docs.html#KarehaQuickStart

Got it haha! He kinda looks like Boosie though.

raspberry pi 3

what options do I need to add to an ffmpeg command to make the beginning of the output video snap on to the previous keyframe?

Moving from old 500GB HDD to 1TB SSD

What should I use to clone the drive over keeping the current partitions intact?

pcpartpicker.com/list/GdJBLD

Gonna be used for gaming at 1440p, animuh and movies, any feedback?

idk

>implying
>implying
>implying
>implying
>implying

why wont kmspico work?

>ask for laptop
>posts motherboard

huh

why do you need a laptop when u can have a motherboard ARM with a 3.5 tft screen

I would get different monitors.
Larger, higher refresh rate, or an ultrawide.

Running Ubuntu on a new PC. Trying to convert my boot flash drive over to a Win7 drive but I can't run rufus because the archive manager fails to read any .exe programs. Any idea what's going on?

what's the best router for a large 7 person household? the page on the wiki is old

looks good, thanks

If the benefit of Opensource/ Free software is to rely on the community to make the software better then how come this software is usually worse than their proprietary counter part?

Or are the real skilled programmers modifying this software to their own personal needs and don't release it?

Oh, wait, a quick Google tells me that Ubuntu can't run .exes because they're a Windows file extension.

So how am I meant to run Rufus or install Windows 7 if Ubuntu can't run the install .exes?

>worse than their proprietary counter part?
Proprietary workers get paid as compensation, you dolt. Anyone with applicable industry skills is going to demand money for any work they release to the masses.
Altruism is the exception, not the rule.

so you're trying to run windows 7 off a flash drive?

i've tried it, it's slow as shit.

bump my own post so it has more replies checkmate atheists lmao

While this is true, many people actually like to work on these community projects and like to see it progress.

I know people work hard when money is involved but damnit if it's their hobby they will do just as good of a job because they think it's fun and they want to finish.

No, trying to install it to my desktop. I assumed I'd have to rewrite my Ubuntu flash drive since Ubuntu wouldn't just let me run the installation for the .iso, but apparently that's because of the conflict with .exes
Am I going to have to run the installation .exe from the terminal, or install WinE? I just want to run Windows 7 on this damn computer.

public/html so it's not 403

>but damnit if it's their hobby they will do just as good of a job because they think it's fun and they want to finish.
If that were true then FLOSS software wouldn't be so noticeably unsupported compared to proprietary software. Most community projects are either the work of a single incredibly motivated individual, or else are astonishingly mediocre - unless someone figures out how to monetize it along the way.

is there much risk to port forwarding for ZNC? already hosting a mumble server

im not following what you're trying to do. are you trying to burn the windows 7 iso to a flash drive so you can install it?

How do I go about making my router have a static IP do I have to ring my ISP or can I do it at home?

ugh now i get
''You don't have permission to access /kareha.pl on this server.''

im a total noob and don't know how to fix this, i set my permissions as 755, should i set them as 777? whats goin on

and by this i mean the guide says i access kareha.pl through a web browser and it gives me that error when i access it through chrome by visiting the site

am i retarded

Any other responses? Anyone?

Informatic or electronics?

Hey guys I typically use gpg4usb to send and receive pgp encrypted messages. Someone sent me a file which is preview.zip.gpg
I'm assuming it is an image. Anyways, when I try to decrypt it using gpg4usb nothing happens, which isn't too surprising
I'm on ubuntu mate, which program should I install to properly open this?

Yes. Ubuntu won't let me run Rufus to do so

Why am I logged in ten times?
engines@computadora:~$ users
engines engines engines engines engines engines engines engines engines engines

What does it mean?

Let me upload it on my website and see real quick. Give me a minute.

*assume its an archive
Before people jump on me for the obvious
I meant the contents, not that is should really matter in learning to solve this

use dd

do you have a skype or a steam or something? im very new with this sort of thing and have no experience in websites lol

Need to replace my PSU. What should I get?? Want to get a quality one that will last.

>I5 6600K
>16gb ram
>GTX 760 (going to replace with 1060 soon)
>256gbSSD/1tbHD
>Asrock Z170 Pro4S

You installed powershell

Probably not because of your game dev degree, no. You don't really need to have a degree to get into programming of certain kinds though.

link?

I wanted to buy a second monitor, but Dell stopped making my monitor.
So now I'm going to buy 2 new monitors.

There is the
24", 16:10, 1920x1200 for $240 each, or the
25", 16:9, 2560x1440 for $300 each.

The rest of the specs are basically the same.
I was kinda leaning towards the latter, but I have a questions:
- A lot of my video content is in 720p. It looks fine on my 1080p screen right now; how does it look on the 1440p?
- Would I need a substantially more powerful graphics card to power two 1440p monitors? I do some light gaming (WoW), and I'm running a GTX 760 right now, getting about 80fps.

it's a command line utility, it's already installed if you're on ubuntu

lsblk, find USB device name where sdx is your usb, do not worry about partitions which are the numbers on the end. Get this right or you'll destroy whatever disk you're doing this to.

dd if=windows7.iso of=/dev/sdx bs=4M

after it is done run

sync

then you're golden

wait what, so what do i do now?
how do i get the old one back?
i'm pretty lost

go into powershell and type cmd

post steam and I'll add you

id/whatsupnewfriendo

You put the directory after the ls -r not after Length

Nigger I have literally never used a Linux distro and am only using Ubuntu to pirate Wangblows.

I used lsblk in the terminal but the results don't make any sense to me as I'm completely Linux-illiterate

This isn't directly Sup Forums related. But does anyone know any online self paced math courses or learning resources? I just went into cs at uni and I didn't even take math my last year of hs, so I'm really far behind.

Okay laddo I'll help you out, logged into my linux box so I can send screenshots. First, where's your ISO located?

webupd8.org/2010/10/create-bootable-windows-7-usb-drive.html

just follow that and make sure you're formatting your usb drive and not anything else.

The win7 .iso is in my downloads folder, Ubuntu itself is installed to the computer (not just running off the flash drive) if that matters

>unetbootin
it's shit, will not do UEFI, and will mess up syslinux. There's a 90% chance that guy is gunna follow it, try to boot and come back with "it doesn't work".

Nope, just read this comment. Already tried unetbootin earlier and I can't even get it to install from the terminal so I ditched it.

hey Sup Forums, i'm currently using deluge and my download folder is on an external hard drive. after closing deluge and removing the external hard drive, i get this error the next time i open it and everytime afterwards as well "there is no disk in the drive.please insert a disk into drive/device/harddisk1/dr1" i had to uninstall it and reinstall it and remove all torrents. seems to be working again.

however, i dont have the space on my hard drive so i went back to my external hard drive. is there any way to avoid this?
its been open for 12 hours, and i still have about a day or two until all the torrents finish.

is it worth leaving my computer on for that long?

>it's shit, will not do UEFI, and will mess up syslinux
absolute fucking bullshit. I installed Debian on a Win 8 machine with unetbootin and nothing was messed up

Okay. So the first command marked in blue, changes your directory to your Downloads. Substitute my username for yours. cd /home/jeffery/Downloads.

The next command lists block devices, in laymans terms shows you the storage disks on your computer. See the first red mark, it sayss 7.6G? That one is definietly my USB device so i mark the name down. It's called "sdc". Yours will almost definitely be different, don't choose the wrong one. If you're unsure, open up gparted and check.

Next, I typed dd if=windows7.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=4M && sync

if= means input file, of means output file. This will wipe everything on sdc (the USB disk) which is why it's important you choose the usb disk. && sync tells the command line to run sync after it's done with the dd command. Once it's done you should be able to boot off of it.

>blue and red
red and white in that order sorry clearly im autistic today

Why can't I get a decent ad blocker for browsing on mobile.

i'm trying to write a bootloader in x86 real mode, it loads off the disk just fine but i can't jump to the address i loaded
here's the bootloader: pastebin.com/C5HE1akk
here's a picture of the finished image: gyazo.com/3717c4f7a54ef2263013375a612c3856
the floppy image is 1.40 mb

How do I get used to a larger monitor? I just upgraded from a 1366x768 laptop to a big 25" monitor and I feel like my eyes are straining

Okay, my flash drive is "sda1" but when running this command it just says "failed to open sda1. Permission denied."

if i get two monitors for gaming and one of them isn't IPS, is this going to bother the crap out of me?

likewise, if one is 144hz and the other 165hz...is this going to be weird?

What would be something good to sell on Ebay? Need a source of income, and taught that selling things on Ebay that could land me some nice profit wouldn't be nice.

Okay, you need to type "su" and then type the root password. Which is like administrator mode. Then follow it again.

Also, if you see a directory listed next to sda, like /media/usb or something, type umount -R /media/usb. Use sda not sda1, which is a partition on sda, you want the whole drive.

Sell electronics to third world countries at a rate that undercuts the local economy. Your only issue will be getting it past customs.
Or if that's too much of an investment, do the same but with collectibles like toys and figures.

need answer

it has nothing to do, it's bored

Yea but then shipping becomes the issue, it becomes expensive.

>collectibles like toys and figures
Hard to obtain and would be a pain packaging and shit.

>Hard to obtain and would be a pain packaging and shit.
you're really not cut out for this

>Okay, you need to type "su" and then type the root password. Which is like administrator mode. Then follow it again.
ok, I got this part, but now I'm confused about which of these locations is actually my flash drive. Is it actually SDB or am I reading this completely wrong?

Do you know the pain of having to ship and package something very fragile or delicate?

nvm, it's obviously sdb. I don't have a root password, according to Google ubuntu by default prevents you from being a superuser so I have to us sudo instead. Is that correct?

ya, sdb is probably it. sr0 and loop aren't it, that's the scsi controller and cd drive respectively. Sda isn't it, you can see it's mounted to / and /boot/efi, and it's 931.5Gb, so it's your main hard drive. Sdb is 14.6Gb so that's what you want.

That is mounted, so ensure you type "umount -R /media/john/UBUNTU\ 16_0" before anything

So I'm setting up ZNC and I can get it working if I do /server : but if Ido it through the server menu in hexchat with the exact same arguments I get invalid password, what gives?

Never used ubuntu but sure, sudo works. Instead just add sudo on to the start of the DD command. Will likely ask you for a password.

Hello, I'm currently learning C,C++. I'm using Windows to learn and develop but it is really hard to make something on it (very counterintuitive), should I move on to a Linux system?

Ye it's awful. Which is why you're probably not cut out for making an ebay profit if you're not already setup and used to it.

Okay, unmounted sdb and am about to run this. Correct?

Ah okay sorry, I taught you were acting like it wasn't. Isn't there other things? Ya know more manageable shit that could be sold in volume.