Job

My boss is a fuckface so I'm quitting my first tech job after six months. I'm gonna deliver pizzas again and just get more certs. What's the best second first job so I can start my career over again?

Pizzahut

>pizza

uh oh

There will always be retarded bosses. Thats IT in a nutshell. You need to build a resume and prove you can work with the worse so you're deserving of the best.

that doesn't even make sense.

that's like saying; you gotta build huge lego sculptures so you can prove you're a civil engineer.

Yes it does. Good luck in the workforce if you can't understand it.

>Le work harder wageslave so that you can wageslave harder in the future meme

Op here.
More deets:
>small shop
>boss is religious zealot
>bipolar af
>yells then says I'm doing a good job
>blames me for messing up when I do what I'm told
>hired me as part time but makes me work full time (I'm trying to go to school and it's killing me)

I could totally just be a little bitch bitching about bitch stuff, that's totally possible. But just maybe I could do better with a resume with six months experience and better certs and not have to deal with this nonsense.

ITT: children.

Why do you think a 4-year degree is valued so much more than a tech school 2-year degree?

It's not because you are magically a better code monkey because you took two semesters of physics and two semesters of chemistry. It's because, at the very least, it shows that you were dedicated enough to put up with bullshit for ~4 years instead of trying to take a shortcut.

Likewise, if an employer looks at your resume and sees you just up and quit shit 3-6 months in and all your reasons (and sometimes they do ask) are because you had bad bosses, they're 100% not going to call you back, because it shows that you are going to throw a hissy fit and quit the first time you find someone in the company you don't like, and they're going to have to go through the process of finding and training yet another guy to replace you.

There's a fine line between leaving a job because management is truly incompetent and you do not foresee good things coming out of that experience, and jumping ship at the slightest provocation.

You don't have to LIKE everyone you work with. If they are competent, it doesn't matter. Even if they are not as competent as you think they should be, it doesn't matter as much as you think, or it tends to work itself out (because truly bad managers have a tendency to get fired in decent companies).

Sounds almost exactly like my job except I only get paid $10.50/hr selling dogs and burgers, all of the other employees are either too incompetent or too selfish to actually do any work so it all falls to me, the customers have been bigger and bigger assholes as of late, the managers all have their heads up their asses and couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag (one's on vacation 8 months out of the year, one's about to have a heart attack, and the other is newly promoted and lives in such fear of getting yelled at that she runs all her shifts like a Nazi regime and screws all of us to try to make herself look good), and of course the owner is basically a carbon copy of yours.

At least you presumably get paid more and are generally higher on the ladder. Right now I can't find an EE technician job and until I can I cannot advance any higher on the ladder as I basically don't have the skill set to do any other jobs.

Starting to seriously consider selling drugs.

OP, my boss is the exact same way. He screams and gets all flustered over stupid, asinine shit, but then he calms down 5 minutes later and tells you you're doing great.

I urge you not to quit if possible, do what you can to make the best of the situation. Quitting your first job after 6 months in a respective field is going to hurt you for a long time.

OP you should consider becoming a suicide prevention hotline employee
you can talk to people who literally have more to live for than yourself

THIS so fucking much. NEVER EVER mention in an interview that you left cause management were shit etc. Find something else you didn't like about it and mention that like "no room to move up the ranks" or "too much Red tape and I'm unable to get my job done"

Never mention you didn't like people cause it's a one way ticket to the bin for your resume.

OP here

I wouldn't ever say to a future employer that my old boss was a jesus freak who would wear soiled underwear on his head while he screamed at me through the phone to delete system32 on every computer I could in a production environment, even if he did. I wouldn't even say "professional differences". I'd say it was a great opportunity but there wasn't enough room to grow or some such nonsense, I know that well enough.

I'm just worried about the six months thing. Are any amount of higher level certs going to cover that up? And would it help if I found a job where I could actually move up, and start at tier 1? I have no problem starting there as long as the workplace contains less soiled underwear on people's heads.

Is THAT what you took from his post? If you have an IT job and then you quit after 3-6 months and then your next job is pizza delivery, and wash and repeat, or not, and now your resume is in my hands, it just goes in the trash.

Some people here have given you more then enough high quality information. You are still looking for a way out. Certs with no experience are worthless. You were working IT, you wanted a cert, so you quit that IT job to work in pizza delivery and get your cert. I've been doing this for 20 fucking years... I've seen that shit. Your resume IS going into the shredder and that's that. Suck it up, work for a year, 18 months. Get your certs while you are there and then move on. Everything else isn't an answer unless you really enjoy pizza delivery.

Not OP but what if I quit due to health issues and stress?

>Why do you think a 4-year degree is valued so much more than a tech school 2-year degree?
This really depends on if you are going for an IT job or a programming job. A sysadmin or networking diploma from a reputable school includes theory and hands on experience, when it comes to IT that is preferred as the graduate is more job ready then a graduate from a degree program who has limited hands on experience but lots of theory. For programming jobs a B.Sci is preferred however.

Anything below two years for your first professional job looks really bad, wait it out to get a good reference.

>Not OP but what if I quit due to health issues and stress?
This depends how long you have been at the same job. If it is like 10+ years and it only happens once it isn't a huge deal, however if you just started working and you need a to quit due to stress you will be deemed a liability to employers. This is a high stress, high pay field after all.

Also a bad trait for an employee.

What certs do you currently have

>Never mention you didn't like people cause it's a one way ticket to the bin for your resume.

It's fine in our modern world. Just look at all the people getting fired because they support Trump.

Op here

I have an A+, but I'm ready to finish out the trifecta if I need to and I'm studying for a RHCSA to do Linux stuff.

ITT be the best slave you can be.

"You can only abuse someone as much as they would abuse themselves."

What is this 2007? Jobs don't exist anymore. You aren't fooling anyone.

Op back again with a vengeance

Locked in it, I'm putting in my two weeks. I'll take my chances starting over, after I study hard and pick a job that I know I'll like instead of eating shit off the floor. I have the time to wait for a job I can actually grow in and enjoy instead of swimming through shit looking for a small piece of usable experience.

I make enough delivering pizzas to live off of, the people I worked with were all awesome, and I could listen to audiobooks and podcasts on the road, which I love.

I get the point that some of you made, that you have to work through it to get to a better job. But I had to weigh that against how miserable my life has been since taking this job, how I make just as much as a pizza place, and I'll just have to take the six months experience and make the best of it.

Thanks to everyone for being such faggots.

>Why do you think a 4-year degree is valued so much more than a tech school 2-year degree?
>tfw i live in a country where a tech school 2-year degree is valued much more than a 4-year degree
communism was not a mistake

Go blog somewhere else normalfag.

basement-child detected

>prove you can work with the worse so you're deserving of the best
>you have to eat shit to make it so you can eat better tasting shit

>I'm quitting my first tech job after six months
Good for you, friend.

I hated my first job, but stuck it out for a year just so it would look better on my resume. I've regretted it ever since.

fucking millennials

ITT
>The Pecking Order

>you
>the dirt
>the worms in the dirt
>god
>my stool
>me

You don't even work IT, that's retail.

Just quit, no one considers this experience.

t. thirdworld shitlord

Would certs be a good way for someone to move from SE (in an area that deals with almost nothing IT related) to IT?

I'm OP

K but
> set up WSUS server for four satellite medical office
> supported stupid medical programs
> wired a car dealership for wifi
> take apart laptops to replace LED inverters

I mean it's small potatoes but it is IT.