Need to reformat my entire HDD, should I do Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Linuxfags can fuck off...

Need to reformat my entire HDD, should I do Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Linuxfags can fuck off, i already have a laptop with Ubuntu on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

hipaaone.com/windows-10-and-hipaa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install gentoo

10. And use Arch for your laptop.

Windows 10, Windows is already a botnet so might as well go for Windows 10.
>i already have a laptop with Ubuntu on it.
But you could have two Ubuntu systems. Two is better than one.

There is absolutely no reason to move to 10.

10 is fine, just look up how to disable lots of the crap.

you'll lose either way
8.1 is shit from a user perspective
10 is shit from a hardware, privacy, performance and OS freedom perspective
7 is already low on current software/hardware support and XP is kill

let's not forget that using Windows 10 in a business to accept money is illegal due to "excessive" and "unecessary" data collection

install gentoo.

windows 10 enterprise or LTSB if you don't use netflix apps whatnot

LTSB is literally like windows 7

OP here, I've decided to just pucker up my butthole and use Windows 10. I used it previously and I wanted to kill myself on multiple occasions but whatever I don't even care anymore, I just want my computer back.

It's the newest and most supported so I guess I'll be fine. Anyone got recommendations on shit I should remove or disable in the beginning?

Whatever you disable won't be what matters. You can disable some nagware and hide some shit but that's about it
It's 7 you're thinking of where you can remove certain unwanted updates

I mean if you can pretend the shady shit Microsoft is doing doesn't exist, are okay with a tablet OS being your god damn computer OS, and are just lucky enough to not be plagued with constant problems that get worse and worse with each forced update until SOMETHING WENT WRONG :( a dozen times a day, then Windows 10 is an okay OS. But that shit is still there, and it's still shitty. And who knows, rumor is it'll be the last Windows, with only updates afterwards, and I could believe that. Everything could change for the better or worse with a single forced update.
Welcome to the future, bitch

Dual boot Win 8.1 and Debian.

>I used it previously and I wanted to kill myself on multiple occasions

OP no!

There are still existing bugs post-AU where people can't update, restart or log in, mistakenly change their MS account and subsequently fuck their login info, or get their work interrupted from random restarts AFTER they tell Windows to notify them when to update.

Still bugs with DirectX, software crashes, and inability to use the Store.

It's all somewhat fixable, but by "fixable" I mean you can alleviate some BSoD issues.

Even 7 and 8/8.1 are moving to a bundled update format, so people are shitting themselves over the idea of getting a bunk driver they didn't know about shoved down their throats that's tough to uninstall/disable.

Even from personal experience with 10 on newer hardware, even if you just accept all their botnet shit and let MS do its thing, completely random problems pop up.

Don't hang yourself man.

I would gladly donate my asshole to microsofts botnet if the fucking OS just werked

>disable lots of the crap.
But you can't do that Dave.

At this point it's best to go with 10. Much better UX and obviously going to be supported longer.

You can't disable Cortana, but you can disable its data collection

Data collection and Machine Learning is not botnet you FSF-addled luddite

>Take a look at this pajeet shill.
>Installing Windows or Windows
>shilling
They are both botnets you retard. Fuck off Windows fag.

see

10 is faster

>no option to turn it off on Windows 10
>can't opt out for machine learning
Okay.

Windows 8.1

Yeah you can still turn off all the data retention stuff. You just can't turn off Cortana because that's what they call the indexing service now; which, incidentally, can still be turned off in services.msc

Will that stop the operating system from calling home?

No, that hasn't been legally possible since XP

>he's thinks Cortana is the problem
You can't have Internet and stop the data collection. At all. People smarter than you have tried

And this is why Windows 10 is not a business OS, it is illegal in several contexts

Yes you can. Give me one source that actually shows MS is actively retrieving data. No that one with the RSA unencrypter does not count

>this is why Windows 10 is not a business OS

how does that follow at all? Are you saying W7 isn't a "business OS" either?

Here's 1
hipaaone.com/windows-10-and-hipaa/
Enterprise is the only option, but how you gonna get it?

>He fell for the wingblows meme
laughing_girls.jpg

>In conclusion, Windows 10 does send information back to Microsoft and does such on a per-feature, per-benefit basis. Microsoft has provided a way to turn off these data-collecting features however, traditional system-level information will still be sent (as it always has been) to Microsoft. We strongly recommend turning these data-collecting features off. It is better to be safe than sorry!

k

So can I stop it and how

says who

>Windows 10
>Turning off my shit
>data collection
>Full, Moderate, Basic
>Full, Moderate, Basic
>No off

WAKE ME UP

Switch to Linux

IT'S
FUCKING
FREE
YOU
WINDOWS
SHILLS

I will when either they fix support for my monitor or I get a new one. Otherwise no deal

You know what they say. You get what you pay for.