MSI upgrading cards upon RMA

Likelihood of MSI sending me a 1060 if I repeatedly RMA 970s for this bug (forums.hexus.net/graphics-cards/334225-msi-geforce-gtx-970-980-4g-bugfix-feature-vbios-update-available.html) inherent to Maxwell architecture? Note that my model does not have a BIOS update like the gaming 4G one.

So what will they do? Say too bad fuck you? They've already approved the RMA once.

Bump

I got a gtx 1070.

What

I don't believe you.

Swear on me mum

What did you RMA it for, how many times did you RMA, etc.

Try it. I know someone who got a 970 for a defective 780 from Asus.

Depends on luck and how much you complain.

A friend of mine is like king of the complainers. He turned a slight defect in a $1700 xps into a $5000 alienware over a few months. AUD.

redpill me on being a whiny bitch. i've been extremely polite to them when i first start bitching about the displayport thing:
>There is no adapter being used, and I have verified it is neither the cable nor the monitor by using the DisplayPort out on my laptop. Both the cables I have tried with the desktop VGA card have resulted in the Black Screen of Death issue, but neither had any such issue on my laptop's iGPU. Another issue has arisen since the last time I submitted a message: upon boot the BSOD issue occurs and will not abide until the monitor has the power cable removed. Unfortunately I do not have another discrete VGA card to test this on, but reading on the internet suggests that this is a common issue among 900 series nVidia products across all vendors.

You might even get a 1070, a friend of mine sent in his defective MSI 7870 about a year ago and somehow got a 390 out of it

They won't upgrade you to a 1060, ever.

They still have a fuck ton of 970s and 980/980TIs that they are trying to get rid of.

They'll keep sending you 970s until they get fed up, and then upgrade you to a 980/980TI.

Unless they somehow are unable to locate a 970/980/980TI, then they'd upgrade you to the 1060 OCV1 3G/6G

I sent them a GTX 460 a couple of years ago and they replaced it with a GTX 570.

THANK YOU BASED MSI

pathetic strategy

>Buy card with inherently defective hardware
>Don't know it's defective until later because not using it
>Want hardware that isn't inherently defective
Why is that pathetic?

>They won't upgrade you to a 1060 ever
Why's that? I'll keep RMAing the cards because they'll likely keep having the DisplayPort bug.

Cuz there are 980s and 980tis to upgrade you to.
There are also other 970s like the Gaming X that has the vbios update.

Even if they do upgrade you to the 1060 it will be the cheap ass 3GB single fan 3 port version and you won't be happy with that.

Go out and mow some lawns in your neighborhood, you'll have enough money in a day to make up for selling your 970 and buying a new 1070 instead of waiting weeks without a gpu for a scam you're trying to pull that wont work in the first place

Well really I don't care so much that it's a 1060. I just know that the DisplayPort bug is basically in every Maxwell product that doesn't get bios updates. If they do send me a 970 or 980 or whatever that doesn't have the bug then I'll be happy. Simply thought it would be more likely that I'd continue to receive broken cards until they eventually either said fuck you or upgraded me to an architecture that isn't faulty by design.

Likelihood of them moving me to a 970 with a bios update, 980, or 980ti?

Thanks for the reply but kill yourself.

If you get them to be able to reproduce your problem in house and they can't fix it on your model, then they will up you to a better 970 or higher.

That was some honest advice in my post, in no way is wasting your time and effort on some inane bullshit like trying to bum off a free gpu worth weeks of your time waiting on the new one to arrive

I can't afford a 1070 right now even if I wanted one, but I don't. I simply want a graphics card similar to the one I paid for that doesn't black screen of death when the monitor is turned off, the computer is put into sleep, or the computer is turned on.