profile=opengl-hq
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

Other urls found in this thread:

raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/spline36.png
raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_lanczossharp.png
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is interpolation so inefficient on windows?
Is it because of the angle backend?

And why does display-resample (alone without interpolation) mess the video playback when my display rate is 60hz. Does it try to sync 23,956hz or 25hz to 60hz? Is it because I have a miserable gpu?

Seriously I can't notice any difference between the medium and high preset. Is it normal?

>Why is interpolation so inefficient on windows?
Not sure what you mean.

Yes, angle will increase frame latency by a fuck ton. Switch to "win" or "dxinterop" to get frame latencies bellow 8ms (usually 4ms no my machine)

Interpolation reduces stutter on 24fps videos but doesn't remove them completely. Also, change your screen to an integer multiple of the framerate to help with the judder. Set your screen to either 48Hz or 72Hz if it supports it. You can create a custom resolution with custom frequency on nvidia's control panel or use CRU for AMD

>Seriously I can't notice any difference between the medium and high preset. Is it normal?
OP's medium preset uses spline36 scaler:
raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/spline36.png

High preset uses ewa_lanczossharp:
raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/mpv-player/mpv/upscaling/ewa_lanczossharp.png

From my understanding, display-resample speeds up video playback from 23.976fps to 24fps and then repeats each frame 2.5 times to fit a 60hz monitor. It shouldn't mess up anything and you shouldn't notice the speed difference

>3DPD on MY mpv
I'm getting triggered.

Witch backend=dxinterop, mpv doesn't'start. :(
I have only 23,976hz and 25hz videos.
I will try CRU now but it means I have to use autospeedwin and set 50,48,72 in refresh rates Right?

Ok I will keep spline as I ewa scalers seems to be much debanding.

I get choppy playback and bunch of dropped frames, it works with autospeedwin that switches my display to 24hz or 50hz.

*keep spline as the ewa scalers seems to be much demanding.

angle isn't increasing anything, it just doesn't work well with display-resample.

How do I prevent mpv from playing the next file in the directory?

i found two BD rips which have different colors, how can I tell which is the correct one?

>madvr
>mpdn
>mpv
>...
Why are there so many competing projects?

>madvr
not a video player, windows-only
>mpdn
who?

I know that madvr is not a video player, it's a kind of plugin that some players can use as renderer. But why are they not working together?

why isn't madvr and mpv working together?

madvr, if i understand correctly, plugs into directshow, which is windows' system for media playback/filtering/encoding

mpv continues from mplayer/2, which uses crossplatform libraries for playback/filtering such as libav*

the way they work is fundamentally different

Is directshow still developed by microsoft?

idk, i don't follow windows developments

>I get choppy playback and bunch of dropped frames
I get messed up framerate and skipping frames when watching Ghost in the Shell movie, released by Judgement, when watching with display-resample. It definitely has some issues but that's the only video file that i've ever watched that caused problems.

>Witch backend=dxinterop, mpv doesn't'start. :(

What's your mpv version? If the latest then you should write a line saying "opengl-backend=dxinterop"
If you're using an older version, update your shit.
What GPU do you have? From my understanding Intel iGPUs have issues with dxinterop, NVIDIA great and AMD should be as good as NVIDIA.

Also, did you try "opengl-backend=win" ?

>I have to use autospeedwin and set 50,48,72 in refresh rates Right?
You only need to use that if you want it to be automatic like I do. Otherwise, I just change the refresh rate manually after creating a custom resolution and then boot mpv

No idea but people at bakabt.me should answer that

I tried with opengl-backend=dxinterop, same problem.
I have a laptop with AMD and Intel GPUs, it's probably why.

>And why does display-resample (alone without interpolation) mess the video playback when my display rate is 60hz. Does it try to sync 23,956hz or 25hz to 60hz? Is it because I have a miserable gpu?
Display-resample alone should cause almost no change except for fewer framedrops. If that is not the case, mpv is not working as intended on your system. (Either too slow hardware or broken OpenGL implementation)

The first thing you should do is run mediainfo on both files and post the results.

>Display-resample causes problems for many people (mostly with angle).
>Either too slow hardware or broken OpenGL implementation
nice logic

You answered your own question?

>why isn't madvr and mpv working together?
>the way they work is fundamentally different

If you want to know why a project exists, you need to look into the history.

>madVR
Developed because nothing else on Windows provided high-quality playback at the time of its creation. madVR's main attraction was because it was the first player to support stuff like EWA upscaling or color correction.

>MPDN
Not sure why it was developed, but probably because madVR/MPC-HC was too inflexible and annoying. MPDN's main atraction is that it allows users to reprogram the player.

>mpv
Forked from mplayer2 because of issues with mplayer2's development policies. Upstream didn't like removing old/legacy code. The project pretty much overhauled almost all of the mplayer2 code and stripped out all of the garbage + updated it to modern standards, and it also adds support for high-quality rendering.

>mplayer2
Forked from MPlayer because of issues with MPlayer's development policies. (Upstream didn't like adding new features) This project added stuff like support for ordered chapters, better seeking, and .ass support.

>MPlayer
Developed at a time where there was nothing else on Linux.

>VLC
Developed because MPlayer wasn't normie-friendly enough, I guess. It was the first cross-platform GUI player though.

>You answered your own question?
no, i answered the question of the person i quoted

Oh, sorry

Ah yes, I think I remember seeing a git issue that stated tha it doesn't work with Optimus. Don't know bout AMD though

>customizable screencap filename
To think I hesitated.

I'm pretty sure even VLC can do this now.

looks like a colormatrix issue, might be tagged improperly

VLC = Video LAN Client
it was developed for streaming

>forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120
>Both madVR and MPV use portions of code from MPDN Extensions.
Is it still true?

MPV alone doesn't use anything from MPDN Extensions.

I think they're referring to nnedi3 et al?
which wasn't written by MPDN in the first place
sounds like a load of bull

I think mpv was with superxbr but it's not the case anymore.
Someone with a doom9 account should notice them.

They still could have reused MPlayer for their media player code base though. But you're right, VLC's lineage has always been as a streaming platform - never a real media player.

(And it sucks at stuff like seeking even today)

not since the removal of NNEDI3, no.

MPDN didn't write NNEDI3, but they ported it from OpenCL to HLSL, and bjin ported it from HLSL to GLSL for use with mpv. So mpv's implementation of NNEDI3 came from MPDN I think, even though MPDN themselves only ported it from OpenCL.

It is, of course, a load of bull - but that's how software licensing works in genearl. Anyway, it's outdated info.