My kid tripped on the ethernet lead running through the house so I'm going to switch to wireless

My kid tripped on the ethernet lead running through the house so I'm going to switch to wireless.

Are wireless adapter cards still the way to go? Are USB adapters still garbage?

>Running the cables along the floor
Just wire your shit properly.

Congratulations, you got an retard.

He's like 2 and a half

Tried powerline adapters?

>He's like 2 and a half

Congratulations, you got an retard!

I know this is bait, but

>an retard
>using 'an' before a consonant-sounding word

That's like saying 'an university.' Shit just doesn't sound right, f a m.

this

wifi in general is garbage, but i see no reason why usb adapters would be worse than these cards

I haven't no, Would you recommend one?

But why you say then any university?
It's also an.

No, you say 'a university,' because 'university' has a consonant-sounding word at the beginning. The 'u' in 'university' sounds more like 'you.'

For example, you would say:

>A university
>An uncut penis (note that uncut has a vowel-sounding word at the beginning, so we use an)

This
Just run the cables along the walls if they have to be close to the floor. You can get longer cables and those cable pins if needed, and it'll still be cheaper than getting wireless.

Nothing wrong with having wireless too, but completely switching to it due to what comes down to bad cable management is retarded.

I don't understand.

It's 'a' university, because 'university' does not start with a vowel sound. University starts with a 'y' sound - it's literally pronounced like 'yoo-niversity'

No it's not

Literally kill yourself, you high-school drop out.

I use an Edimax wifi card

it's ok I guess but sometimes when I'm playing vidya it fucks up and gets super laggy even though my ping looks fine. I like that it just werks with Ubuntu though

for some reason I thought powerline was a wireless adapter that plugged into your wall with an ethernet port for use with hardware that is far away from your router but doesn't have its own wifi

Shoot me

use tape or those floor cable covers like smart people

>not saying 'my wife's kid'

My parents were teaching me arithmetic and English (I'm Romanian) when I was 2 and a half. My father had already beaten out of me childish behaviour like running around the house and causing a ruckus.

This.
>Implying women have their husbands'/boyfriends' children anymore
>Implying men raise their own children anymore

USB wifi are forever limited to the shitty speed of your USB ports, and most of the time it's fucking USB 2.0.

PCI-E WIFI comes in AC flavors so they can reach Gigabit speeds.

I've got some. Drop from 80 to around 65-70. The house needs a rewire too. Better than WiFi.

>Office décor.

Op sound like a woman to be fair.

Who the fuck calls it an ethernet lead?

Unshielded twisted pair, category 6, paisem

The socially adjusted

>Running through the house

You just havent trained it properly

University
>ˌyo͞onəˈvərsədē

Nigger, are you mute or something? Pronounce university and prove yourself wrong you dumb fuck.

It's technically more feasible to switch to a kid that's not running around and tripping on cables.

have you considered beating your child?

running is for outside

>just leave your cables strung around your house, tripping hazards are only a problem for literal infants

Yeah, PCI wireless adapters are good. USB could be fine too, I guess the question is whether the max speed of USB 2.0 is more than your internet speed. If it is, USB isn't a bottleneck.

pci adapters - yes

usb adapters - lol no, they're literally chink shit tier meme devices.

If the device is permanently static then stick a cantenna or bi-quad on it if you actually want decent performance. Nothing worse than than buying some premium ASUS crap and using the supplied omni dipole and having connection drops. You don't even need to spend more money as you can go full ghetto and make one yourself (if your pleb though and have never used a soldering iron and can't into DIY then just buy one).

i would say usb-adapters are fine as long as you dont have super fast internet.
funny story: my cheap usb-wifi works better then the pci-wlan-adapter inside my laptop

He could just manage his cables properly. I had wireless in my desktop and it sucked shit, so I changed that.

This is such a dad problem

Except my dad would have just beat me

Fuck you and your problems dad

>Tripped on the cable that is running through the house.

Silly American Cables go inside the wall!

No but in all due honesty before resorting to all the retarded shit (ie: Powerline,Wireless etc...) open up the wall stick some tubes innit pass the cable through it then seal that shit up and never have to worry about cables around the house until you need to upgrade to fiber like a regular person.

My house is 40 years and made of 4 fucking rows of bricks with insulation in the mid of them and I still passed network cables all around the house So just fucking do it.

You can easily run them outside the wall. That's what I do since I live in an apartment.

>ITT: OP realizes he should have just asked the second half of the question because the first half is irrelevant and just caused a shit-flinging thread

>>just leave your cables strung around your house, tripping hazards are only a problem for literal infants
no I actually pick my cables up you degenerate faggot. You should try beating your wifes' son sometime. The little cuck might learn some manners.