An OTA update for the Galaxy Note 7 that would permanently limit the capacity of the battery to 60%

>an OTA update for the Galaxy Note 7 that would permanently limit the capacity of the battery to 60%.

androidauthority.com/samsung-temporary-fix-note-7-problem-ota-update-limit-charge-60-716163/

ahahahahaha samsung

>OP says permanent
>Headline says temporary

C O G N I T I V E D I S S O N A N C E

Why not an update to completely disable the phone?

Of course it'll take carriers at least two months to add their bloatware and test the new ROM. By then all Note 7s will have already caught fire and burned out.

>using facebook
>using facebook to read """""news"""""

theyre doing that in france user

>samshit
top kek
im so glad i've ditched them

>using the """"internet""""

You see if Samsung had removable batteries they can just send their customers new ones and say that its their responsibility to change it

>new samsung phones sill won't have that "feature"

My note 3's battery isn't lasting as long as it should so I bought a new one and now it works like new!

>it's AMD RX 480 all over again

nice

seriously though, normies, go home

people should just return their devices, they'll get a new one or a refund, so they should stop being dicks and send their phone back, but samsung should brick all of the devices to make people return them.

It should be the duty of all carriers to phone their customers and inform them of the recall. Why the fuck is this not happening? Most normies don't visit tech sites and have no idea of this issue.

fermi 2.0

networks/carriers probably sent texts to people who've bought note 7s through them but people who've bought sim-free devices or got them on company contracts are going to be out of the loop unless they keep on top of electronic's news.

Yep, more than happy with my Redmi note 3 pro.

>Samsung
more like SUNKsung

normies leave

>there are those who would still buy samsung products after they literally set people on fire

Better than having no headphone port.

better than having no ear

People still buy plenty of brands despite having battery issues. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Apple - they've all had exploding/expanding batteries in their products before.

i think it's illegal to remotely shut off someone's only line to 911