How do I find information about jpg images?

How do I find information about jpg images?

I remember threads on Sup Forums where people would find a girl's info (name,location,etc) just by her pic.

And how do I prevent this?

pic related

It's called EXIF data, and if you're posting on Sup Forums you don't need to worry about it because Sup Forums strips it as the photo comes in.

Else, you just need some software that can modify EXIF data - they're a diamond dozen

>they're a diamond dozen
I hate you

You speak in memes as well?
That's pretty far gone, dude.

EXIF, but Sup Forums has stripped away EXIF data for some time, now

the main thing was that some cameras and cellphones places GPS coordinates into the EXIF data of photos

Fordham never used to do that shit and boards like /p/ still don't for obvious reasons

I don't know what Fordham is, and nobody cares about /p/ I don't think.

Who is that young man?

Windows and Finder can both modify EXIF data.

Dustin Diamond

poor girl. what is this condition called?

Ugliness.

French canadianism.

In other news, a while back as an experiment I once posted a pic to Sup Forums, already stripped of its EXIF data. Before posting I checked it's resolution and md5sum.

- post pic
- redownload

Same resoltuion, different md5. So what was modified?

The picture

Obviously, but how? One paranoid possibility is that it's watermarked somehow containing poster's IP or reference back to Sup Forums's logs ...

Retarded ass bitch

Sup Forums watermark was added

I just noticed there's a devil-woman standing on her shoulder, whispering something into her ear.

If using low jpeg compression it's recompresesed to save space/bandwith.

Honestly I don't know, but I always assumed.

Probably EXIF data, even though you already stripped it.

whatever Sup Forums's using the strip metadata probably shifted things around

Sup Forums doesn't do that. I uploaded uncompressed PNGs or JPGs with quality at 100 all the time.