Is it worth it to wait for the pixel or is the 5x a decent phone even now (or is it decent at all)?

Is it worth it to wait for the pixel or is the 5x a decent phone even now (or is it decent at all)?

I'm not a power user just want a decent pure android phone that I can use throughout the day for text/calls/internet.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's very good and you can get it pretty cheap now.

If you don't want the latest and greatest, no point in waiting, go for it.

>Fingerprint on the back.

Bad design desu.

Worth waiting regardless user.
Pixel might not be a shit and the N5X will drop in price even more.

>fingerprint at all

It's a gimmick, why would you use it in the first place?

>fingerprint sensor where your index sensor usually is placed
>bad design

pick one

annoying if the phone is on a desk or something though

op here. i've never had a phone with a fingerprint sensor and honestly think I would just turn it off (i assume you can do this).

>gimmick
No, it's way faster than a password.
>hurr the CIA can crack it
Who gives a shit, the average nigger can't.

>annoying if the phone is on a desk or something though
Exactly.

If you never lock your phone you don't need it. Otherwise it's comfy.

>password.

Why. How dumb do you have to be to keep any kind of sensitive data on a phone?

i use the super secure method of the 3x3 pattern drag, not really to secure the phone as much as it is just so that it doesn't unlock in my pocket or anything like that.

Post your phone content, then, let's see it.

>2GB of RAM
>low res screen
>16GB internal and no microsd slot
>non-removable battery
Are you fucking retarded? Why would you literally pay more for less? Why not just get an LG G3 ($200), get better specs, and save money?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U31HSHO/

What are you hiding on your phone? It's a device for talking and shit posting, not storing your SSN

Sensor on the back is actually ideal, you don't even have to move your hand after unlocking it.

LG doesn't get Nexus software updates.

5x here. When I use my phone it'salways in my hand and my index finger usually gets to the back before my thumb gets to the side screen on/off button. I have the phone locked with my fingerprint just because it's far and away the most ergonomic way to wake the phone imo.

>LG doesn't get Nexus software updates.
But it does get updates. So you're saying you would sacrifice things like a micro SD slot, high res screen, removable battery, 3GB of RAM, just so you could get botnet updates? Why do you hate freedoms so much?

>low res screen
Its 1080p wtf are you on about?

OP, for 200(16g) or 300(32g, seen 32 for 240 before), it's a VERY decent phone. Photosphere and slomo are really fun too. Nosd is my only gripe.

>botnet updates

Uhh they're literally the official Google updates.

Nexus gets an update every single month, while other phones do not.

Yup.
Its the reason people that know anything about Android only buy Nexus.

2gb of ram are not enough and good luck in summer
Source: i have it

These updates come straight from google's asshole. You know the big evil anti-privacy corporation that wants to mine all of your data?

Why not just get an LG G3 and install CM on it if you want updates that badly? At least you won't get fucked up the ass by google.

CM is garbage and any non Nexus phone will have you resenting software updates that Nexus phones get.

Literally nothing there apart from a couple of custom ringtones, a few photos I snapped on bike rides and osmand with maps.

No names/numbers? No messages?

Nothing illegal in there and I think phone thieves would have better things to do than read my convos or harass people from my contact list.

>phone thieves

It's not just those, it's nosy people you hang out with/at your home.

Oh so you're a google shill? Thanks you using a trip there friendo. Filtered :^)

#Cyanocucked
#premiumnoupdates

90 of my communication is work related and OH SHIT I sent a happy birthday text to my sister last week!
Are you having an affair with a tranny prostitute? Do you deal drugs on the side? Afraid your mom will find out you drank beer?

>g3
>bootloops
No thanks

Just get an iPhone

b-but what will i d-d-do with my headphones??

Does photosphere work with CM too?

>b-but what will i d-d-do with my headphones??
Plug them in via the FREE adapter that comes with every iPhone 7.

free until it breaks or catches fire

this is a 6s tho

Nah

5X owner here. Its definitely worth checking out.

It's solid for $250 32GB. It was definitely way overpriced at launch though.

Biggest gripe is genuinely shitty battery. I have to charge twice a day. Although I am on it a ton. When I go out and play Pokemon Go though it's usually the first one to die out of my group. They have Galaxy and iPhones. So I still say it's below average on the battery department.

If you're patient and money isn't an issue just wait for the Pixel. If you want to save cash and are not a power user just bite. It's solid phone.

That is a very shit Panorama stitch.