Have to root your device voiding warranty to purposely remove android cancer

>have to root your device voiding warranty to purposely remove android cancer
>forced to use shitty sub par devices (nexus) or use custom roms just to make sure you get updates for more than 5 seconds
>need more RAM than most computers in circulation and still lag
>m-m-muh control, how else will I rice my home screens?

It's time android fags defend their poor decision making.

Samsung have nice themes
add that and a good launcher and you have "rice"

depends on the brand
>forced to use shitty sub par devices (nexus) or use custom roms just to make sure you get updates for more than 5 seconds
depends on the brand
my phone has 512mb ram and it doesnt lag
how else would you upload images that arent called image.jpg
how else would you transfer files between your phone and phone without using 3rd party bloated drm programs

>my phone has 512mb ram and it doesnt lag
You wish.

Been using flagship android phones for 5 years then i wanted to try out ios with an iphone 6 (((2014 hardware))) and damn i dont plan on going back to shitdroid anytime soon.

You really are everywhere aren't you Sam?

Lag stopped happening when they ditched dalvik

There is nothing wrong with being jewish

do you even know how ram or cpu works or are you just memeing?

Is there an alternative?

Only thing i dont like is that:
1. you have to go to settings to toggle internet
2. can't manually choose youtube quality unless on wifi
3. cant natively play webm

What brand doesn't void warranty when unlocking bootloader?

Ubuntu Phone

>le happy merchant face

Windows phone

Can you install that on a device meant for android?

tip top kekkerino

Motorola, HTC, Nexus doesnt void warranty as long as the issue isnt caused by unlocking.

How do you prove the issue isn't caused by unlocking? They can just say it is and void the warranty.

Android isn't perfect but it's mikes ahead of iPhones. See pic related. Ironically I'm using an iPhone right noe but I'm gonna sell it and either get a priv or V20.

>cracked screen
>shouldnt have installed that last cyanogenos

>cracked screen is subject to RMA

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

>root your device voiding warranty

This is the biggest fucking scam in the history of personal electronics. Modifying the software should not be able to irreversibly damage the device, otherwise the whole system is badly designed. You don't get PCs with a locked OS.

40 minutes late ipanjeet, I'm very disappointed. No rupees will be deposited into your apple positivity account today.

i can share files with any computer on a wifi network, convert files types, use .zip, use. webm, emulate several other devices, use any brand of streaming device, use a VPN

i do fucking care about removable storage. i have dozens of gigabytes of us forestry maps, movies, games, CAD files, & assorted data in a two inch case that i can use at any time.

i understand that you might not find many of these things necessary, but 'who cares' is an abominable argument. i can use my phone like a computer in any office or work situation without the extra effort & time of a real computer.

some of us do shit man.

I'm too lazy too search the thread whether someone already said this:

ROOTING DOES NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY

they will claim otherwise when you try to use your warranty and you can't do anything as a single person unless you have tons of money to pay some lawyers for a endless court process.

Anyways, if you don't buy a samshit timebomb with knox you should be fine by unrooting.

Smartphones in general are shit. No matter what OS you get, no matter what OEM you get.

>iPhone
>Best in the industry for updates easily 5 years of support
>Decent battery life
>iOS runs well on less hardware
>Compared to Android and WP, no filesystem so people who want to manage that are left in the dust
>iOS updates seem to slow things down a little bit, not much but it's there
>Also, the phone is built to get you to buy more Apple products

Apple pushes planned obsolesce by slowly adding better hardware and hoping you'll buy a new phone before you get your money's worth out of the phone by actually using it for 4-5 years.

>Android
>Customization is king, people have the option of modding their phone as they please
>Often cheaper
>Phones on paper are more powerful than iPhones when talking about flagships
>Most OEMs, including Google and their Nexus line, at best will only give you two years of updates
>Android suffers from too much choice for the average person and the fragmented nature of the platform doesn't help.
>Carriers and OEMs are free (as in free speech) to shit all over Android and then attempt you lock you out from modding your own phone

Android's planned obsolesce is even simpler than Apple's. Just tell customers if they want the new version of Android, just cough up another 200-600 bucks on a new phone or just git gud and start flashing ROMs on your phone.

Anyone who shits on one side or another misses the point that smartphones are a no win game. You're better off not playing but you have to decide what is less shit. For me, that's the iPhone, I don't rice my phone and I don't torrent anime with it.

It is where I live

Android has headphones

I don't.

My phone manufacturer offers a choice of two Android versions (pain and their own customization) and even encourages the use of 3rd party operating systems.

I want IOS but the only only reason I don't is because I need non app store installs. Is there a way to do this on Iphone?

Ever since the iPoo in Loo 7 came out the more Applel shiils came.

>Is there an alternative?

Sailfish OS

It's got it's shit aspects but lets look at the alternative

Apple:
>Can't plug your phone into a computer through USB to transfer files, this is a complete deal breaker instantly
>Even if you could, being 600 pounds and using proprietary ports, having a shit screen and poor battery life ruin it

>Who cares
>Nope
>You can live without this used once a year feature
>No back button
NOT AN ARGUMENT
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T

Fuck you the nexus is fucking great.

Apple folks are in the same boat on this.
Nexus devices were always nice devices that were very open to do with whatever you wanted.
To be of much use nowadays, 8GB of RAM is needed on a computer. Phones are just barely getting there. Right now, 4GB is plenty.
By using a custom launcher, this is supported on all devices rooted or not.

>how else would you upload images that arent called image.jpg

You can change filenames on the iPhone, right? serious question

>you don't get PCs with a locked OS

I know they may be uncommon, but there's these two, one called Windows and one called OS X.

you cant

>search the thread

You're not lazy, you're an absolutely worthless waste of sperm that would better serve the world had it been left in a crusty tube sock. It was 22 god damn posts above yours. And only the second mother fucking post when it was brought up. Seriously, kill yourself.

that's a joke right?

So basically iPhone is for making calls, listening to music, and browsing social media? How do it's users defend this?

Ever heard of unroot? Plus there are phones with plenty of cancer already removed
Updates? What for?
False
What?

>listening to music
only if it comes from itunes

That's really all a smartphone should be for. Not even an Apple shill.

So lack of control of files and not being able to use my own music is a big turn off from the iphone 7

:c

Copperhead OS. But not for all devices. It's mainly for Nexus devices.

False. You can use third party apps just fine. VLC is a good example.

Why? Why can't it be more? Why can't you have the freedom to do something as simple as change a filename or move a text document between folders?

I case you haven't noticed, smartphones are pocket computers, and should have the same basic functionality.

stale copy/paste faggot, none of these are arguments.
>You pay for quality
>Bendgate
You pay to satisfy apples Jewish tendencies

First and foremost, every personal computing device should be rooted, whether or not it's an Android phone. iPhones need to be jailbroken to be usable, and you give up a lot more than just a warranty.

Considering that Cyanogenmod is the best mobile OS, I don't really see a problem with this.

Lag is not caused by low amounts of RAM, but by bloat which is not present in Cyanogenmod. Most devices come with a shit ton of RAM because people like higher numbers.

It's more than that. We'd also like to block every advertisement system-wide, for example.

Would your phone manufacturer happen to be Oneplus?

Windows will actually let you abuse it in a number of ways and still function properly. And if you break everything, you still have BIOS to fall back on to reinstall the OS or install another OS. Similarly, if you break an Android ROM, you can just boot into recovery, wipe /system and reinstall the ROM or another ROM.

Quality of what?
Of that chink that built it for ya while inhaling fuccton of toxic gas so you could go on Sup Forums and copy paste low quality argument that is "nope"
Good job, no really, good job

>mfw I google it and that's true

I unironically thought you were joking lad

>iSpend $600+ on a phone
>iHave to use shitty proprietary software just to transfer media
>iCan't sideload apps
>iCan't use alternative browsers or launchers
>iCan't do anything that doesn't make Apple more shekels
>new model released
>current phone suddenly bugs out

What manufacturer?

>just like your penis should only be used for peeing

What is that scary man rubbing his hands?

>has to jailbreak to sideload apps
>jailbreaking voids warranty

>no sd
>750x1334
>shit locked down os
>shit bezels and cam bump
>lagtunes
>no 3.5mm
>shit battery
>more than 600 for this fuckery
Enjoy being cucked, iCucks.

>$850 for exploding batteries

He lubes his hands to shove them deep into the iCucks arse.

>Samsung is the only Android manufacturer

>one phone of many
>samshit is android
Fuck off and buy your 160$ airCucks, Pajeet.

Fuck you super power by 2020

>India will the first to poo on mars

>have to jailbreak your device doiding warranty to purposely remove apple cancer
>forced to use shitty sub par devices or old versions of iOS just to make sure your phone isn't rendered unusable
>need more RAM than most computers but never get it for the past 10 years.
>m-m-muh ecosystem, how else will i only be able to add files to my device through itunes and have no access to the filesystem?

It's time applels defend their poor decision making.