Tell me the cons of WP, niggers

Tell me the cons of WP, niggers.

No apps

App gap is real.
>inb4 i dont need no popular and latest apps coz im a puritan who only uses the phone for phone calls
Then why own a fucking smartphone
(Btw my phone is a lumia 640)

Microsoft.

Dead platform

All the disadvantages of linux without any of the advantages, also coming from a monopolistic company. We were lucky that it flopped or we could say goodbye to anything reminiscent of choice.

That's a nice phone you got there.

Would be a shame if :( Something were to Happen to it.

> Then why own a fucking smartphone
WP still lets you download some modern messengers.
WP 10 went bad for me, I downgraded back to WP 8.1.
It's a decent system and I really liked it, but I don't know if I will be buying last WP smartphone. Microsoft dropping all remaining support of Lumia phones and WP made me think either switching to Android, either dropping smartphones entirely.
Btw, my phone is also Lumia 640.

I feel you man, thinking about the same (dropping smartphones, i mean)
Only thing thats holding me back is that i cant imagine using a phone that doesnt have gps anymore (then again, since wp10 dropped support for the excellent navigation app that 8.1 had, idk... i mean they state that they improved upon it with maps, but ffs, the previous version had voice navigation in my local language, this shit doesnt, i cant call that an upgrade)

ohh i can finally do this to winfags

no software

>cons
its shit

buggy
no apps
unsupported
no updates
microsoft don't give a shit anymore

tfw i fell for it when 8 came out

Can't run .exe files natively despite being a "Windows" phone.

Hopefully surface phone can fix that. HP has a decent enterprise solution though.

Other than snapchat I can't think of a single app I want on WP since it covers all my basic needs.

No good openstreetmap app.

my only phone right now is a windows phone

>pros
it was cheap as fuck (60€)
works smoothly without lag
has apps for whatsapp, my bank, gameboy emulator
>cons
no good browsers
no webm support
no apps meme is real even though i have the apps i need

id switch to a feature phone instantly if they had whatsapp, everyone here uses whatsapp as main form of communications

>it was cheap as fuck (60€)
They are being remaindered. One percent of the market is not profitable.
>works smoothly without lag
Obviously not Android.

No apps

while its fresh i was thinking of are there any way to root that motherfucker and install something android or maybe ubuntu? i own a microsoft lumia please kill me

image related

It was the pandora's box that killed windows.

The OS from a usability standpoint is nearly perfect. I still miss the UI to this very day.

But after 5 years of using it, I just couldn't put up with the lack of apps, and the lack of polish the third party apps that did exist, had.

If they ever pull of the miracle of the fucking century and somehow give the OS relevance again with marketshare that's actually in the double digits I'd strongly consider going back. But right now - and it pains me to say it given how nearly perfect the OS itself is - just stay away. It's fucking dead.

They're dumbphones and still plagued with touchscreen cancer

Do they still exist? oO

No, windows mobile 6.5 was the last MS mobile OS which wasn't an iphone copy

The cons are that there is no support for it. I'd buy one if there was app support and if the future prospect of the platform didn't look dead.

No apps and I can't upgrade my 1320 to windows 10 to get rid of internet explorer. I managed to upgrade a 635 to windows 10.

the new hp win phone looks really impressive, I must admit