/EDC/ Ask a "hacker" anything edition

Previous thread had some questions I didn't get to answer before it archived.

Questions were asked to this post here No, I am not, what I do is illegal.

What I consider is to be a successful bruteforce attack is if I can run reaver for at least 10 min without any problems
>I can cycle through pins instead of it looping the same pin.
>doesn't lock the router up, and reaver will tell you if it detects wps lock up or not.
>if it at least takes less than 6 seconds per pin.

Essentially if it loops the same pin or take mintues for each pin then its not worth it.

Can I recommend the antenna? Yes, and no.
I would recommend the antenna, but its gonna set you back 100 USD dollars, though.
>ebay.com/itm/2200mW-NextG-USB-Yagi-2-4G-Plug-Play-WiFi-Antenna-LOCAL-STOCK-for-US-DELIVERY-/160446099958?hash=item255b5531f6:g:wYAAAOSwaA5WhtsS

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/yagi-_gear/
ebay.com/itm/2200mW-NextG-USB-Yagi-2-4G-Plug-Play-WiFi-Antenna-LOCAL-STOCK-for-US-DELIVERY-/160446099958?hash=item255b5531f6:g:wYAAAOSwaA5WhtsS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn it, I forghot to add

If you are consistently doing pin per 3 seconds with reaver it will take 3-4 hours to get the wps pin.

Duracell + RavPower are just portable power supplies right? Why two though? & What do they power?

What's this RTL8187 used for?

>Duracell + RavPower are just portable power supplies right? Why two though? & What do they power?
The duracell one I bought for 4 dollars, Best Buy has them as 4 dollars on their website, and I had office depot price match.

>What's this RTL8187 used for?
packet injection, and monitor mode (for wifi cracking.)

Thank you based OP for the answer. Will take a closer look to reaver.

Wew lad 100€ is too much. I thought about one of them gearbest.com/yagi-_gear/
I don't need long range anyway but a better signal. Have already a dozen wifis around me.

>ebay.com/itm/2200mW-NextG-USB-Yagi-2-4G-Plug-Play-WiFi-Antenna-LOCAL-STOCK-for-US-DELIVERY-/160446099958?hash=item255b5531f6:g:wYAAAOSwaA5WhtsS

how durable is that thing? would I have to worry about parts snapping off if I just toss it in my bag?

What's your recommended software list for laptop/phone?

Any real hacker would know that bruteforce attacks are completely unreliable and are only to be used as a last resort.

You're either some unintelligent skill-less script kiddie or you're one of those people that thinks you are cause you installed a rudimentary linux OS (arch) which any 12 year old can do.

are mr.robot on the go?

Thanks for getting back to me and creating a new thread.

Any advice or info about what you do? Do you sell the information you get or do you do it because of boredom? How'd you get into it?

why are you a faggot?
do you do anything that actually requires skill? if so why don't you get paid for it instead of being esentially a theiving nigger?

>yagi antenna
Lol good luck getting past clean air

Any tips for cracking wpa2 psk because unless you got a gpu cluster it's going to take a long time .

So when I wash the wifis only one network seems to be WPS locked. But my smartphones says WPS is on other networks available. What does it mean?
When I try to use reaver on this network it says that I have to wait 60 seconds. I guess the only chance existing is when I try one pin per minute, or?

Is that a 722? I have a 522 that I still use on a daily basis. Cute little machines.

is there any way to see SSL encrypted data or work around it ? used to use sslstrip before hsts came along...

Not the OP here but cracking WPA2 is surprisingly easy if you have a REALLY good wordlist.
I managed to figure out the default password naming convention of the wifi routers that my local ISP hands out.
>it's the serial number of the modem.
It was a 9 digit number by default on certain models (cisco DPC3825), starting with a 2. example 241697203
it was a 12 digit number by default on Hitron CGNM-2250-SHW router, starting with 2511 example 251154131855
so I created a wordlist by doing this
seq 240000000 26000000 > 24XXXXXXX.lst
seq 251100000000 251200000000 > 2511XXXXXXXX.lst
pyrit -i 24XXXXXXX.lst import_passwords
pyrit -i 2511XXXXXXXX.lst import_passwords
pyrit -e SHAW-CA8CE0 create_essid
pyrit -r mon0-03.cap -e SHAW-CA8CE0 --all-handshakes attack_batch

Using this method I managed to bruteforce the default password in 2 minutes and 53 seconds, I shit you not.

Also, phone numbers are surpisingly common.
seq 6040000000 6049999999 > 604.lst
seq 7780000000 7789999999 > 778.lst

Yeah most network around me are gonna me alphanumeric 8 digit long(I assume that's harder?). the thing about cracking you need a good word list to get anywhere, but thanks for this info anyways

Has any user played with router malware, that can spread through the airwaves ?

TMDH?? if so we have some things to talk about

fuck i mean TMDM

typically they are not alphanumeric, they are usually hex. 0-9a-f.

I suggest you look at some of the modems your local isp hands out, and see if you can start noticing any patterns between things.
like if you search your local craigslist you can find poeple who've taken pictures of their modems where it shows the default password.
Record all the info into a speadsheet or whatever, and start creating a database and see if you can figure out how they come up with the default password.

>Has any user played with router malware, that can spread through the airwaves ?
Yes, back in the day I did, back when WPS attacks actually worked and weren't locked down.

Basically I compiled openwrt and included aircrack and reaver. Then I wrote a script that started on boot to auto wps attack all routers it could hit, and upon getting the password it would connect to it and upload the firmware onto the next one.

Only got it working for one type of router though.
But I got it to jump from one router to a second one, then from the second one to the third.
Then I scrapped the whole project.

kys

>>ebay.com/itm/2200mW-NextG-USB-Yagi-2-4G-Plug-Play-WiFi-Antenna-LOCAL-STOCK-for-US-DELIVERY-/160446099958?hash=item255b5531f6:g:wYAAAOSwaA5WhtsS

Man I kind of like the idea but I'd be afraid to buy anything from someone who made that product description. Lulzy excerpts include

>we use computer-aided-design to engineer the BALUN
nigga you're using microwave frequencies. A ferrite bead will work.

>USB amplifier
nigga is u srs

>calculating EIRP by comparing two different wireless cards self reporting power level
Maybe if you didn't spend so much time using CAD to design the balun, you could have used cad to simulate the gain and used it with the output power of your transmitter to calculate a real EIRP.

>Unlike most Yagi antennae with long broom and numerous director elements, the design of the NextG USB-Yagi aims at reducing the length of the overall antenna whilst exceeding the isotropic gain

Wow you sure picked a lofty goal. Beat a theoretical antenna with 2dB less gain than a dipole.

>hpbw is the 3dB point or half power bandwidth boundaries of a radiation pattern
>hpbw
>bandwidth
pajeet my son

>wide RF aperture
>wide HPBW
" the gain of any antenna is proportional to its aperture:"
"antennas with large effective apertures are high gain antennas, which have small angular beam widths"
dolan pls

you made me lawl.

Wow, thanks mate. This is a really good tip.