>one Microsoft employee
>one

Also
>Not mentioning the Nvidia employees

>shit

How is the job scene over there?

How fast can you clean a bathroom?

hello

Holy man, I was on that road a few years ago. Some friends and i drove past there to go to a concert in DC. Our gps died for about a mile or maybe a little more on either side of that exit.

Nice meme!

Overall pretty good. Had to answer easy interciew questions and that was it. Lots of great people, not much slave driving going on (at least so far), game nights and afterwork drinks, etc.
Only thing I'm really disappoonted about is that there's no real dedicated research positíon so I end up doing gay SE shit more than I'd like.
Can't really complain about the salary or benefits though.

Hi moot

>goes to google for a research position
>doesn't even know about X

Technically, google went tp me, not the other way around. Employer was literally called "cashman".

As for X and research at google, she told me that this isn't how google works - you do SE and merely get to work on research projects (driverless cars, google brains, google ads, the search engine, etc. in this case), which may become a more or less permanent position based on needs and performance.

>No CERN employee
EL PSY KONGROO

There are at least 20 Microsoft employees on this site at any given time.

Were you a code artisan NEET that got noticed?

They found me pooing in the loo and that was enough for the job.

>smear campaign threas
>apple not listed

Obviously we know who the real shill is.

they just hire pajeets to shill

Apple shills do it FOR FREE

If this is a joke about shills those people aren't employees. Definitely working under contract.

And it is the same person

>one Google employee
>one Microsoft employee
>one

midkek

>bing
Found the Microsoft employee
How's Bangalore this time of the year?

Recently finished an internship
>tfw never messaged moot

Bing really looks nice desu

I wish Google gets an update.

the most unsettling thing is not that it may be a lot, but that most of them are street shitters.

MTV?

MTV here.

what do you do at work
what kind of interview questions did you get asked

I am having a google phone interview. can some one give me some useful questions and tips.

How do you flush the toilet?

>what do you do at work
Besides meetings, food, chatting, and all "non-work" stuff, I spend 90% of time reading code and writing designs. Not sure if it's different on other teams, but writing code is very little of the actual work

>what kind of interview questions did you get asked
Mostly theoretical CS style stuff, except with practical considerations thrown in (how does this scale, how to optimize for different use cases, what problems does any particular implementation have, memory/runtime cost, etc)

Was it via one of those stupid recruitment mails they keep sending out? I've gotten multiple of them so far, and they always look like this:

> Hi [Insert Name],
>
> My name is XYZ and I am a part of Google's engineering recruitment
> team. I came across your online presence
> and was interested in your
> SW engineering skills and overall passion for open source, programming and
> [insert 3 most used languages on profile]. How are things for you in
> [insert country listed on profile]?
>
> I am not entirely sure of your current situation but I believe you would be
> a strong addition to one of the most respected engineering team we have at
> Google which builds and runs large scale, massively distributed,
> fault-tolerant software systems so I was wondering if you would be open to
> an informal phone conversation at your convenience?
>
> I am looking forward to hearing back from you!
>
> Best Regards,
> XYZ

or

> Hi [name], I'm a technical sourcer at Google working on the expansion of
> our engineering teams globally.
>
> Your exposure to to both OO and functional programming languages has really
> caught my eye. I think that you could potentially be a great fit for our
> engineering team here at Google as we are currently expanding several teams
> in our European offices.
>
> Would you be interested in having a quick and informal chat sometime about
> the opportunities we have at the moment?
>
> Hope to hear from you soon!
>
> Thanks, XYZ.

I've been wondering whether I should be ignoring these or not. They seem like automated spam to me. Last time I just
ignored it and I eventually got a second e-mail asking me if I missed her first mail, so idk..

my flush not working

Sounds like spam from shitbag 3rd party recrruiters looking for a referral bonus. Was it sent from an @google.com email address?

>Besides meetings, food, chatting, and all "non-work" stuff
I meant what project(s) are you working on? Search? Chromium? Skia? Dart/Sky? Android? etc

Yes, always from @google.com or @google.com

DKIM/SPF passed, too.

I'm technically Android, but I won't post details on Sup Forums.

How many of your coworkers are named Rajesh?

AND they have a space and nuclear programme

u guys can change peoples lifestyle .. congrats ..
i dont knw wtf i am doing

>tfw IBM employee

No one cares anymore.

>I'm technically Android
I hope you and your team never write another line of code in your life.

Android is the worst fucking piece of shit software concocted by man and you fucking morons make it worse every release. You clowns close every ticket people open on the site with some stupid excuse or just ignore them until some date at which point you close them wholesale.

Writing software for Android has been one of *the* worst software development experiences I have ever had. Looking at and understanding the architecture of Android has convinced me it was designed by people who were blitzed out of their fucking mind. Its like you assholes sit around a statue of Satan in a giant circlejerk thinking up ways to make Android worse for both developers and users at every possible step.

Android devs are overpaid, overvalued pieces of trash. Fuck you and your buggy spyware filled shit OS.

>Writing software for Android has been one of *the* worst software development experiences I have ever had.
Holy shit, I feel sorry for you. Even just looking at Android code gives me nightmares

>20 lines of java enterprise boilerplate to accomplish a simple task

Thanks u bot

>Loser shutin with schizophrenia thinks his virgin Sup Forums matters
pathetic, get a life

I care, user.

What was the interview process like?

Hate to break it to you, but Android isn't managed by just one team. Just in Google there are hundreds working directly on Android, and who knows how many more working on things that are indirectly part of Android, and that's not counting all of the vendors writing their own code.

Android is a shitfest mixing pot between FOSS and proprietary bullshit, it's a wonder anything works at all, and considering that there's millions of people using it happily, I'd consider it a big success.

Welp, I falied an interview at microsoft. Even if I did get acceptted I would most likely not go, but still...
The interviewer was a pure enginerr while I'm a pure scientist. He asked to write some bullshit linked list code, I was worried about keeping handling edge cases to a minimum, logical flow, etc.
He was worried about presentation of the code, terribly bothered that I did not write an (beyond obvious) function signature and personally offended when I asked about research positions.
I guess even in big companies research is not an easy position to get to.

We got bought out by them years ago, so can't say much about that. The switch to their management style and processes is still not fully completed yet, but things have definitely changed a lot.

Fuck IBM Notes though, it's the worst thing in the world.

>>

>only one NSA agent
>implying we're not all brainwashed NSA sleeper agents

how many pajeets actually work for google? and are they potty trained or just shit freely?

how much do you get paid?

i think you mean cia
nsa never invested in coercive persuation as much as we did
nsa is too busy masturbating to your dick picks you posted on the cloud

>one Google employee
>one Microsoft employee
>one Facebook employee
>one NSA employee

But does the NSA employee work for Google, Microsoft, or Facebook?

so in other words, 4 people who are gainfully employed in the tech sector and 4000 NEET "programmers" are what make up this board.

Answer: He's a contractor for all three

Yes. Guess which one I am!