Not living the RMS Lifestyle

>not living the RMS Lifestyle

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/rms-lifestyle.html
youtu.be/PJu9UkokzkY
stulzer.net/blog/2008/03/18/a-terrivel-semana-que-richard-stallman-ficou-na-minha-casa/
youtube.com/watch?v=fkkDvKGcNSo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stallman.org/rms-lifestyle.html

BASED RMS

> I do not have a favorite food, a favorite book, a favorite song, a favorite joke, a favorite flower, or a favorite butterfly. My tastes don't work that way.

>In general, in any area of art or sensation, there are many ways for something to be good, and they cannot be compared and ordered. I can't judge whether I like chocolate better or noodles better, because I like them in different ways. Thus, I cannot determine which food is my favorite.

Someone finally got it right.

As much as he is autistic, he is very rarely wrong.

he doesn't use a cellphone because it is a "tracking device". it is absurd. if the government wants to know something they have much better ways than using your god damned phone. they couldn't even get permission from apple to get into the terrorist's iphone.

I don't think you understand how mobile phones work.

That's not the only reason he doesn't use a cellphone.

But even then, it's hardly absurd to not use a cellphone.

he's wrong all the fucking time

How can some one be this much politically correct?

an example?

He's doing it for the (You)'s, just ignore him.

He is not at all pc, instead he's rational and autistic. Sometimes this is controversial, but this is nothing new, even though mac hipsters only discovered it some years ago. Ever since the funding of GNU it has been controversial.

>stallman
>politically correct
He said that he was "glad Steve Jobs was gone".
While I don't see the problem with it (it was backed up with a solid argument), it could hardly be considered 'pc'.

He actually said he isn't glad he was dead, but he is glad he was gone.
youtu.be/PJu9UkokzkY

>glad he was dead, but he is glad he was gone
I know, it was shortened for brevity as best I could.

Being a fat freetard neckbeard who goes around talking about why his jewish SJW licensing scheme is 'important' for humanity?

I'm sure you'd enjoy living in Orwell's 1984. And it's not like we're not really close to it now.

>"I shortened it for brevity"
>"but I used quotation marks"

Apart from spewing technoanarchist babble about freedom a lot, what has he achieved in the past 25 years?

RMS does not achieve, or even strive to achieve. He just is.

It was a direct quote.
I didn't at any point suggest that Stallman was glad that Steve Jobs was dead.

Quote marks do not require you to give the entirety of what you are quoting.
You could quote me with simply

"could quote" - user

and that is still a valid quote.

>they have much better ways

Please explain this. I'm trying to think of a better tracking device than the cellphone being used in the common way.

The user always carries it with them. The user maintains the charge, makes sure it is always functional, and pays to repair or replace it when it no longer works. Audio and visual surveillance is built in and unlike traditional bugs the microphone and camera is commonly positioned deliberately by the target to capture their activities better. The phone has a built in cpu with the processing power of several space shuttles which can be used to preprocess data to lower the technical requirements for processing mass surveilance. The user pays for the infrastructure required to maintain a communications link, pays to store the data gathered, and pays for the cost of complying with requests for the data from the government.

I mean shit does it get any better than this? Do you know how much money we used to waste trying to track and bug heads of state? The government used to have to risk lives to get a tracker or bug in a place where it might be in proximity to a head of state for brief periods of time. Now days we just ask Merkel what her cell phone number is.

You should really learn how to quote properly.
This is how your quote should have looked:
"[...] I'm glad [Steve Jobs] is gone."
However, omitting the part where he says he's not glad he's dead changes the meaning of the sentence and leads to confusion. "I'm glad Steve Jobs is gone" makes you sound like a cunt who is happy about someone's death. "I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad he's gone" brings across the point Stallman was trying to make: Steve Jobs was doing harm and with his death can no longer continue to do so; however, I did not wish him any harm."

>I don't own a tie and people that do are coperpetrators
>I will use someone elses loyalty card because that doesn't track *me*

All of this is simply pure autism. I imagine if he were to start a dating profile he would just copy paste all of this into it.

Still he seems to be very comfortable in his lifestyle and I respect that. I just think he would be very difficult to be around judging from his interviews.

>you're moving too fast and I haven't finished!
>continues telling dull story that could have been cool if it weren't told in such a self-satisfying and slow manner
>the "punchline" was clear 30 seconds before it was delivered

>I am careful in how I use the Internet.

>I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

fucking hardcore

>hardcore
Yeah, but the experience of browsing that way must suck. I wonder what his solution to this is, does he have a page about his "ideal Internet"? Konqueror is the best browser though

I didn't think I could hold RMS in higher esteem, but this cements it.

NON-FREE MAKE ME ANGRY REEEEEE

>the experience of browsing that way must suck
I doubt he posts on anime forums a lot. He'll probably use Wikipedia, text boards and FSF sites and those affiliated with them for the most part, plus some news sites. He doesn't watch youtube, he doesn't use facebook or other social media bullshit. Really, I don't think he's missing out on much using mostly a text-based browser.
Fuck, if it wasn't for Sup Forums I'd switch to lynx full-time too.

I find him annoying and his lifestyle choices are really pointless. He's gonna die and stay dead forever, why not live a bit more while he can? Not saying he has to use software he doesn't agree with, in fact he has an advantage over most people in that he isn't always on sites like Sup Forums or Facebook and could do some great things.

Instead the dude just babbles on about software freedom. Which usually means preaching to the choir to talking to people who don't care and won't care.

Holy shit no-one gives a fuck dude, it was clear what the other guy meant, and conveyed exactly what Stallman said.

This is Stallman levels of autism.

Try ANSIchan.

Cellphones are tracking devices quite literally, because they need to be tracked in order to work. Mining BTS data alone is enough to determine where you live/work/hang out, what routes and means of transportation you take (and whether you stay under speed limits), who you know and meet with (even if you only communicate face to face) etc.

If it was so easy to understand, why is there such a controversy around that sentence?
Learn to fucking quote, you wankers. At least then it's the quoted person's own fault when he comes off as a cunt. Improper quoting leads to loss of information and thus misunderstandings that only get worse when combined with people not checking sources and (improperly) quoting quotes that weren't done properly.

The readme only mentions Sup Forums and Sup Forums, does it also work on other boards like /o/?
Also reading in lynx isn't an issue, but posting is. Does ANSIchan do that?

>why not live a bit more while he can
The man gets paid to travel to countries to talk for an hour or two. In return he gets to meet people with similar interests, see the sights, and play his recorder for all the parrots. This is basically retiring and seeing the world.

I can't imagine living more than living exactly how you want.

1. He wants to have an impact on people and our use of software, building a legacy that will live on after his death.
2. He's having fun doing what he does.
3. He's more productive than the average normie scraping by at a thankless job wasting his off-time in front of the tv, drinking at bars or otherwise wasting all the money he worked all day to accumulate.

Just some guesses.

He travels the world without spending a penny, sleeps on other people's houses for free, has sex with prostitutes, he doesn't uses phones but make people use phones for him, he eats for free, hardly ever showers, he stinks a lot and is fucking autistic and unpolite.

If that's not living the dream, i don't know what is.

This was in Brazil. He was giving the lecture in english and nobody was understanding, then he switched to Spanish and then freaked out like that. Also he slept in a brazilian guy's house and tried to bang the guy's daughter. The guy even made a video exposing Stallman's rudeness and autistic behaviour.

so basically he lives like a hippie version of Steve Jobs. And he showers sometimes, thats a big improvement from Steve.

Here it is:
stulzer.net/blog/2008/03/18/a-terrivel-semana-que-richard-stallman-ficou-na-minha-casa/

Guy who posted that here, IIRC he was pissed because he asked if they can understand English and they said yes, then halfway through they asked if he can switch to Spanish. At that point he had a kernel panic.

>tried to bang the guy's daughter.

I absolutely refuse to believe that, this guy doesn't even have a sex drive, let alone trying to move to a host's daughter in his own home.

>Someone has severe autism*
ftfy

Stallman has mentioned girlfriends in email responses. He used to be quite good looking

>you will never fuck twink Stallman
Dubs of disappointment.

youtube.com/watch?v=fkkDvKGcNSo

Stallman interviews are the funniest shit ever

>We told Richard to perform a bulgarian folk dance in the A.I lab and he did it the absolute madman

We need an imageboard by mail so RMS could shitpost on his own.

Maybe he should've known people in Brazil speak Portuguese not Spanish...

>None of my shirts carry messages
that's me

same here
and white cotton shirts are stupid cheap and quite comfy

Shit taste in music desu. He limits himself to one genre, folk, for the most part. He has such a close-minded view of music.

> he doesn't even like harsh noise wall

Foot scrapings make an excellent parmesan substitue.

Soap is closed source