Assuming similar cooling conditions on various case sizes (say mini, mid and full tower for instance)...

Assuming similar cooling conditions on various case sizes (say mini, mid and full tower for instance), which would theoretically provide the most effective cooling? Taking component position, airflow and possibility of hot pockets into account

>Me and my son, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>possibility of hot pockets
:-----DDDD

Larger case -> More fans+bigger fans -> more airflow
Larger case -> easier cable management -> potentially more airflow

Both of those cases suck. They're made by Cooler Master.

Ribbon cables are long dead. Cable management has no impact on cooling.

Please don't discuss airflow. Nobody understands it and everyone thinks they do.
(Proceeds to draw imaginary red/blue arrows)

The original haf is better.
I have that case somewhere in a box and if you could handle the bad looks and obvious dust it was a fucking monster for cooling.

I would wager the full tower would in general, all else being equal, be cooler. Why? Because there's less stuff blocking the airflow, there's more air inside to heat up and the case will transfer more heat into the surrounding environment. The more components you have, the bigger the difference should become.

I think there are some cases where a smaller case would be more effective though, such as if the components are small enough to be easily accommodated in the smaller case, and the case fans of the larger case can only be mounted further away from the CPU/GPU than they could in the smaller case. In this scenario, the convection around the critical components may be greater in the smaller case, and it would provide more effective cooling.

If you by cooling conditions only mean external factors, then the full tower would obviously be much cooler as you could mount more efficient cooling solutions inside, such as water or even sub-ambient cooling which you couldn't possibly fit in the smaller case.

>Larger case -> More fans+bigger fans -> more airflow

That's the point of this thread. Consider 2 cases of the same series, only different in size, which take almost the same amount of fans, maybe slightly smaller (say 140mm on the larger case vs. 120mm).
The larger fans would allow more airflow by principle, but on a smaller case there is less air volume to move to begin with.
Then there's component location, like graphics card for instance. One would argue it could lack airflow if it sits closer to an already heating bottom mounted psu (like in an itx build)

>cable management has effect on airflow
We're talking about square metal boxes not things that have to get airborne.

The problem is nobody here has a good understanding of fluid motion and thinks air lose all their energy when they knock into something (like cables).
Airflow is a pressure system of air particles, not flying baseballs.

Point made, I hope.

Post temps of those machines, tripfag.

>Posting extreme examples
>no temp comparison
Those examples are actually not a problem if there's enough air pressure. Air will find a way to the point of lower pressure (outside).
Just because you make pc builds doesn't make you less of a retard.

>larger cases allow for easier cable management
>with better cable management, you may get better airflow
Let me know which of these statements is wrong.

That's in theory. In practice you won't notice jack shit.

Nice backpedalling faggot. You still haven't posted temps of the 2 pc's.

>backpedalling
This was my first post ITT:

Why did you post them then, it they add nothing concrete to your case?

>Why did you post them then
Because of this:
>cable management has effect on airflow
Cable management can indeed have an effect on airflow. The pics illustrate this easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE

fact
LinusTechTips did a video explaining this

The pics illustrate only cosmetics.