KDE

What does Sup Forums think about KDE?

Just switched from Xfce to KDE, just wanted a change tbqh

Thinking about switching from Kubuntu to KDE Neon. Is it less buggy?

Yes, it's much better.

What theme is that?

Breeze Dark. It's pre-installed, you just need to enable it.

Best DE

Better than Gdumb.

I wish it was better.

Not as bad as Sup Forums whines it is, but not that great either

i use it with openSUSE.

only really small complaints. I disable all the effects and transparencies.

I know Gnome is supposed to be better, but old habits die hard, right?

kde is as bloated as bobby b

Over-engineered desktop environment. Who the fuck needs bouncing icons to let the user know that he clicked something? Why do I need huge fucking tooltips to pop up everytime I hover over something on my desktop? These people need to know how to cut the bloat.

You can turn those things off you cunt

I agree, but you disable that very easily

>Who the fuck needs bouncing icons to let the user know that he clicked something?

>he

how dare you assume my gender

Yeah, no shit, but every install of KDE takes longer to undo all of this stupid shit than to install the desktop environment itself. Then, you have all that useless shit just sitting on your machine. It's not worth it.

Unarguably the best DE.

2Gib ram when running firefox, 720p video, amarok, dropbox and possibly other shit.

Truth is, you can probably run some tilling window manager and achieve 300mbs use or something. For my use case ? 2Gib is fine.

>inb4 falling for the 8GB ram meme

KDE Neon is something like 300MB RAM usage on boot. KDE using lots of RAM is a meme, at least compared to GNOME.

me likey
I just setup KDE neon Plasma 5.7

KDE uses the same amount of RAM as GNOME and Unity. Don't be a fucking moron. It is well known to be a resource hog.

I'm more of an openbox unallocated gender person myself.

Old habits, they die hard.

I hate qt4 and qt5.

That's literally the only thing stopping me from switching because otherwise KDE is as bloated or as minimal as you want it to be

Overall the best DE, by far. I'm fond of its configuration capabilities, something nobody else in the industry provides anymore (think about that). I wish it was more stable and polished by default though.

This.

Seems like the only moron here is the one that thinks KDE is a resource hog. If you run it with straight stock out of the box settings from most distributions, it's a bit shit. If you run KDE neon, or install it on arch or gentoo. It's only as bloated and resource hungry as you configure it to be

Do you want me to test it because I will fucking test it and you will be wrong.

True. It can be said however that at least KDE puts memory to good use if we think about all the stuff it's capable of, especially compared to GNOME and Unity.

XFCE is better.

Much less than Unity and a couple less MiB than GNOME.

When something in kde breaks, the devs add 3 other ways of doing the same thing. If and when broken thing is fixed, the other 3 options remain forever.
When something in gnome breaks, that feature is removed forever.
And kde has better suite of programs. So kde wins.

KDE Neon or Manjaro with KDE? What do u prefer or recommend me?

if you want kde so badly just use neon

Is it possible to remove the window taskbar when windows are maximized? If not, it's garbage.

Like everything else in Linux it's a bloated buggy mess that will be incompatible with its self in the next version

KDE is perfect. I hate the idea of having to deal with GTK bullshit.

is that so? funny... i think you're fucking wrong m8

>What does Sup Forums think about KDE?

KDE isn't important enough to think about.

I just wish there were more themes, everything is the same flatshit nowadays. The kde 4 days were better with all the different widget themes and engines. Also it's shit that the gtk2/3 theme doesn't apply my color settings any more.

looks okay but half of it doesnt work.

FUCK KDE WALLET

one of the few projects which didn't fall for the features are confusing, configurability is bad bullshit that is so prevalent today.

NO I DONT WANT TO USE KDE WALLET FUCK OFF

THEN DON'T USE IT
Seriously, mate? Are you too stupid to unchecked a box when you first set up KDE?

wtf is window taskbar?
if you're talking about bottom panel, yes, you can have windows cover it. if you're talking about window decorations, yes those too can be removed when a window is maximized.

KDE 3 is awesome.
Great thing it's still not dropped.

Looks nice but is very heavy.

Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker and use my system on my language. Thus, some expressions I think are right, aren't. To be clear, I meant the window decoration and thanks for your reply (and the Werkzeugkoffer voll Wurst)

you said it right chap, the guy is just retarded