Thinking of buying a 1070, is Gainward a good brand for these at all?

Thinking of buying a 1070, is Gainward a good brand for these at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

palit.com/product/vga/picture/p02679/p02679_bigimage_748577e0a48dff6c.jpg
i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae78/kmpctechnologies/04/GAINWARD/426018336-3750.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's one of the best coolers on the market and also used on the Palit Jetstream and GameRock models. Really doesn't make a difference which you buy out of those, since they're all identical save for the shroud.

This. The Super JetStream cooler from last generation was arguably the best there was, due to it being very quiet while still offering a lot of clock headroom, as much as the more expensive Matrix and Lightning cards from Asus and MSI in fact. Only issue was that it wasn't available outside Europe and only came on reference PCBs.

Are you on 1440p?

No, but i am working on pretty much futureproofing as priority.

Gainward is reliable as fuck. I like the MSI 1070 most, but this one is neat as well I'm sure.

Futureproof your cpu, cooling systems, case, storage, power supply, ANYTHING but the gpu. Pick one that plays the games you play at good fps at the resolution you want to play at. The gpu is the quickest part to become outdated and outperformed by newer parts.
Use /sqt/ newfag. Or find another thread discussing gpus, or /pcbg/.

Handled that already.

What's your current GPU? Maybe you don't need that upgrade. Consider that Volta will most likely completely deprecate Pascal.

>mfw 1070s are still $70 over the MSRP

Stop buying these cards you stupid fucks. Wait for the price to drop.

These.

I went with the palit gamerock 1080gtx because of the review on 3dguru, it's fucking great.

Yes but do not get the shit bin. Get the GS or GLH. Cooler is amazing and cards offer great value. I literally just got my GTX 1080 back from RMA which took fucking five weeks because the shit bin(which I mistakenly bought like a retard) is on poor supply. The shit bin at least for the 1080 shows alarmingly high RMA rates whereas the other versions are extremely low on RMA. Don't skimp here. Easier to resell too.

2x AMD RX480

>tfw gtx 660 SLI
>tfw don't know if I should upgrade

I'm not running 1440p.

I don't play games THAT often.

Realistically, why should I bother?

Been thinking about getting the 1080 GHL version of this.
Seems to be on top of the lists in most of the tests compared to other brands and apparently this is a pretty damn well cooled card.

>i'm poor

A single 1060 could probably outperform that and also draw a lot less power.

Fuck I'm on the same boat
>Crossfire 7950s for 4+ years
>no problems ever even with new games
>suddenly games that came out this year run like shit

At this point I don't even know if its the age of the cards or devs getting worse at optimizing. Should I buy a ~$500 meme card or get a ps4 to play dem juicy exclusives?

>probably

Lol.

Anyways, I've got a 1000 watt power supply. It was a sale, and it makes no noise.

Mmmmm

I've been wanting to switch to AMD simply because Nvidia drivers are permanently fucked in my system for unknown reasons (it's been through hell and back, and three OS upgrades).

I say "probably" because I have a 760 and it would get literally twice the performance. I have no idea about how the 660 performs.

About 20% slower I think.

If you're going to get a ps4(unless you just want to save money), then you might as well wait and buy the new model with enhanced visuals™.

-totally not a shill

Interesting, so there was an actual generational leap unlike the 960 which performs like a very slightly OC'd 760.

To be fair, the 760 performs like a very slightly OC'd 660 TI.

>suggesting stutterfest of crossfire

It's just plain dumb, anyways. There's no such thing as a 200 dollar 480, but there is such a thing as a 400 dollar 1070, which is roughly as good as two 480s when crossfire actually works.

might have been fucked up cards m8, I've been with amd and nvidia alternating every few years, though this setup has lasted me the longest

well im not planning to get a 4k tv anytime soon so idk if the pro is for me especially since the details on benefits for 1080p are scarce. Plus with the slim setting the new price to $300 means I could pick up a used(maybe new?) phat ps4 with some games for the same price

>might have been fucked up cards m8

It has something to do with permissions and the registry or something. Hell if I know. I just can't update my drivers through their utility, I have to do it manually every time.

I don't know, I want to give the AMD Jew their shot anyways, even though their cards seem inferior.

How new are you? Ps4 v2.0 for horizon zero down, or pc for fps shit.

>It has something to do with permissions

Try turning off user account control and see if it fixes the situation.
That should get rid of whatever permission problems there are.

I'll try it, thanks. 50 cents have been deposited to your account.

I recall I was having some issues uninstalling and reinstalling physx at some point, but my memory is really cloudy. I just accept mediocrity at this point.

Btw if you're on Win 8 or 10, you need to turn it off in the registry.
The OS doesn't allow you to turn it off from the slider in the control panel, even if it says "disabled" when you drag it down.

I got that feeling from the wording. It seemed pretty misleading. Thanks again, Nvidia shill.

Does anyone know if I can buy two GTX 1060's 3gb and use PCI-E SLI? I know they tried to disable SLI, but if you can get two of those running for 200 bucks a pop, it's an incredible deal.

There's no such thing as PCIe SLI. You'll be able to use them together via mGPU in DX12, but don't expect many games to ever support that, as the developers have to do all the work.

>I'm so stupid that I want to spend for no reason

Shills, stick with evga for that customer support.

Palit?
palit.com/product/vga/picture/p02679/p02679_bigimage_748577e0a48dff6c.jpg

or

Gainward?
i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae78/kmpctechnologies/04/GAINWARD/426018336-3750.jpg

I'm putting it in a mini itx build