Why are netbooks/Atoms so bad with Linux?

Why are netbooks/Atoms so bad with Linux?
I'd buy an ideapad 100s if I knew it could run Ubuntu MATE perfectly, but Linux on atom netbooks is a fucking joke.

Post his benis and I'll answer

What's that girls name? Post more of her!

Aside broadscum i didn't had any issues with atom (if the gpu is from intel) aside tearing. GCC even have march for the 1st gen atoms. If you want something crappy bloatware on atom then use w7. Even starter was a nightmare.

I have an atom netbook running Gentoo just fine. Netbook is old as fuck too.

Don't know what you're talking about, I have an older one and W7 is unusable on it, but it's decent with Linux and XFCE.

>Why are netbooks/Atoms so bad with Linux?
They're bad with anything. Linux included.

Implying windows on an atom isn't a joke kek

>his

>her

>older one
Ever since ~2011 atom support has been dogshit. My d2550 gpu barely has functional drivers and it thinks the laptop has 2 displays when I boot up.

Windows 8 runs pretty good on my z3735f tho, Just missing half the drivers when I try Linux.

D255 owner here. Mine has 2GB of ram and an SSD running Mint MATE. I have no major issues. Of course it could be faster, but I think it runs pretty fucking great considering its 5 years old.

>ideapad

It's like you're trying to make me laugh

Since when were they? XP, Linux, and OpenBSD are the only acceptable choices for netbooks.

>XP, Linux, and OpenBSD are the only acceptable choices for netbooks.

Even Mint Mate struggles on my weak ass shitposting machine (2010 era Asus netbook) . Windows 7 seemed actually more responsive.
Linux may be considered light, but holy shit most software today is just layers of bloat piled upon layers of bloat.
Try using a modern browser on a machine like that, we are talking seconds just to repond to simple events like keystrokes (youtube is the worst offender, Sup Forums works fine though).

Distro doesn't matter in the slightest, it's your choice in DE that really affects things. You simply made the wrong choice. My only laptop is an IdeaPad S10 with an Atom N270 and some shitty iGPU and I have no issues using OpenBSD with Xfce for a DE and a modern browser.

>You simply made the wrong choice.

Ahhhh, the Linux mantra. BTW i tried installing xfce on this thing and it doesn't work for some reason, can't be bothered to find why, so Mate it is for now.
The real problem comes form browsing javascript heavy websites like youtube.
Changing DE will not solve that.

>The real problem comes form browsing javascript heavy websites like youtube.
DE is also a large part of your issue.
>Changing DE will not solve that.
Maybe not, but NoScript will.

>netbooks/atoms so bad with Linux
compared to what? netbooks/atoms are bad with everything.

>DE is also a large part of your issue.

The DE is fucking with the event queue or something?

>>Changing DE will not solve that.
>Maybe not, but NoScript will.

Nah

I was friends with a guy who had OpenSUSE in his netbook and he never complained.
It was a Acer One, I think

user, you're turning down the thing that is literally the difference between a netbook being usable and unusable.

>implying the modern web works without javascript

I'll endure the pain

>implying NoScript is the same as disabling JavaScript
You're retarded.

>implying NoScript is the same as disabling JavaScript

elaborate

It allows scripts from the site itself and any 3rd party sites are disabled by default. If something doesn't work, you just use your best judgment to enable the proper script source. Once a site is whitelisted, it remains that way so you don't have to bother again. Basically it goes like this
>install it
>sites break here and there
>enable scripts as necessary
>sites stop breaking
>after a few days to a week you've got all your regular sites configured
>web browsing is no longer excruciatingly painful

too autistc for me

Enjoy suffering on your shitbook when it could be perfectly usable.

No, I'll just use my girfriend's Mac

Atoms are slow as fok. Doesn't matter what you do with then. Anything more than x11/fluxbox and a terminal make then strugglre. Throw it out the window.

they are always bad, not just with linux

>My d2550 gpu barely has functional drivers
tell the intel devs. or perhaps your config isn't good. afaiu (non-intel user), there are at least 2 intel drivers, with many different configs and stuff.
I'd start by googling how other people configure X for the same/similar hw

Are you retarded?

>d2550
I highlighted the gpu should be from intel itself. I didn't remember the model but powervr barely made even the windows driver. It was a mistake from intel.

>all these retards bashing Intel atoms
Baytrail and newer has amazing performance.

I have Arch running on my atom NAS (HP DataVault x310) and it works just fine, same on my atom KS-1 server.

>but Linux on atom netbooks is a fucking joke

One man's joke is another man's life.

>mfw I've been using linux on atom for years because I'm a poorfag

I am about to install GalliumOS on my acer cb3 531, supposedy the Linux build is tailored for chromebooks like mine (yes I know the irony that ChromeOS is a Linux build tailored for Chromebooks). Am I making a big mistake?

What seems to be the problem? im running mate on a n2840, 4gb, ssd machine. just werks.

Only Ubuntu boots on my t100ta, no Wi-Fi drivers abs other drivers are inferior to windows.

D2550 micro atx board thinks there's a second display connected every time I boot (LVDS1), and has no GPU drivers.